• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Meta Knight Officially Banned!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chuee

Smash Hero
uh what.....................?

just know that diddy can be countered in multiple ways(by char/stage) and because of that he will never be banned.
Well, what I think of when you say character CP is in.
I play Ike.
Ike gets ***** by MK.
So I pick up falco to fight MK.

Vinylic.

Woke?
Switch FC
SW-5214-5959-4787
Then what about yoshi?

I've heard rumours that he or it is getting banned but, I highly doubt they'd try banning a green dinosaur.

BluePeachy100

Smash Champion
I doesn't afraid of you, Kyle, let's go.

That was over a year ago, it's invalid to my skill now. Well now, I didn't know you were pro-ban. Meh, I figured you actually beat MKs, ane Neil just gets lucky vs you a lot. I've witnessed it. However. I'll gladly accept a challenge toward you, full force. Also, if I recall correctly, it was mainly your Falco giving me the business, and our matches Sonic vs MK were fairly even. u.u

Chuee

Smash Hero
lolol so true. Let me repeat what NAIRO said. ADHD was the biggest "pro" complaining and he only loses to M2k and Anti who are both really good at the MU. lololol
It's funny though, because ADHD himself admitted that M2K and Anti are both better players than him, and even though those are the only 2 MKs he really loses to, he still thinks MK ***** Diddy and that MK is so broken.

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
If blind pick Random and get MK

What happens.
I say you get to play him if you really took the chance to go random in tournament, you should be allowed, forced, even, to play whatever character appears on the screen.
somebody post it in shoryuken.com
i can pretty much guarantee that itll be there by the end of the weekend

mk is not legal. so u random pick again.
NO.

IF YOU GET MK ON RANDOM, YOU GET TO PLAY MK.
TL doesn't
this
Not saying it will necessarily lead to anything, but Meta Knight does in fact hard counter Ike and it is his worst match up by a fairly significant amount.

To clarify, with MK out of the picture, Ike's worst MU becomes a soft counter if you're pessimistic, namely Olimar.

:248:
also this.

ike and tink were my pics to start placing noticibly higher if mk were to be out of the picture

Armor

Smash Rookie
I play Ike.
Ike gets ***** by MK.
MK ***** falco. Pick up X. MK beats X. And so on.
Falco's just a better character, so I'd bet that's the reason you do better.

BigDaddy4

Smash Journeyman
Manually patching a game is considerably more work then banning the character outright. And it's not even about laziness, it's about doing what's healthy. ST Akuma, O.Sagat, and Hilda from Soul Calibur IV were banned because of how over-the-top powerful they were.
O.Sagat was only soft banned in Japan (players agreed not to play as him). In the good ol' USA he's legal.

Anyway I won't ever participate in a smash tournament ever again but if anything I'm glad the BBR did something right for once.

Xyro77

Unity Ruleset Committee Member
I play Ike.
Ike gets ***** by MK.
You CPed mk with a better(than ike) character but u dont COUNTER(hard/soft) him. with mk being gone u can CP/counter all characters in the game.

BluePeachy100

Smash Champion
Also, my Peach beat your Sonic. c: trollface.jpg

;D

Oh well, lemme put time into other characters again after YOU, K.I.D.Goggles were the one who told me I shuold go all MK in the firts place because I played too many characters.

Life

Smash Hero
186 makes me smile, I wish all the other trolls were like you :)

Also, cosigning KID's posts. I think he's doing pretty well in this thread. (And I was the first one to bring up getting MK from random, btw.)

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
what are your opinions on sleeper characters that will rise in tounrys that are normally put down by MK?
It's basically impossible atm to determine the tier list now without MK imo. Every character can serve a purpose without the blanket statement of "Meta Knight."

Different players have said different characters would rise to fame and be broken, but the fact that people can not agree on it says something.

(I may be off in some of these since I'm not a pro with every character but going by matchup charts, things I've heard from other players, it's close enough basically)

If Falco gets popular, Pikachu and ICs will rise.
If Pikachu gets popular, Marth and Olimar will rise.
If ICs get popular, Snake, Toon Link, and ROB will rise.
If Marth gets popular, DDD and ROB will rise.
If Olimar gets popular, Peach and ICs will rise.
If Snake gets popular, DDD and Marth will rise.

and it keeps going on and on and on in a big loop.

You'll notice when going through this that mid tiers will pop up and can be used for checks to popular characters, and then rise themselves in popularity. If MK is legal, MK can be the answer to anything with no losing matchups (and arguably no even matchups). This is why a lot of placements on the tier list ended up being decided on how good characters can do vs MK.

popsofctown

Smash Champion
I want random to be able to play MK. The random box isn't remotely overpowered, overcentralizing, etc. It's the box between Kirby and Dedede that creates problems.

If you're going to make him illegal on random, it needs to at least be explicit in the rules. Rerolling the random requires some interpretation on the part of the reader.

Xyro77

I want random to be able to play MK. The random box isn't remotely overpowered, overcentralizing, etc. It's the box between Kirby and Dedede that creates problems.

If you're going to make him illegal on random, it needs to at least be explicit in the rules. Rerolling the random requires some interpretation on the part of the reader.
it is explicit. mk is banned.

lol its not hard to understand.

Hyper

Smash Apprentice
Man I can go to offline tournaments again.

Back then it was like going to a cave.
Nothing but bats and a few snakes.

Ripple

ᗣᗣᗣᗣ ᗧ·····•·····
yeah, because you can't just restart if you get MK on random, you have to be DQed

DeLux

Player that used to be Lux
Random is not a new way to circumvent the rules in terms of enforceability.

If someone randomed MK against me, I would simply call the TO over and say "He is playing a banned character."

Even if you protest that you picked random, there's no way of proving it without restarting the game. At which point, even if you WERE playing random, you couldn't simply pick MK again to start the match. Because MK is banned.

El Duderino

Smash Ace
Manually patching a game is considerably more work then banning the character outright... The same thing is now being done to Metaknight, and you're suggesting that the community go out of its way to use a mod that people are already split on? That seems like more of a problem than outright banning.
Again, all I'm asking is they re-consider the options, including the possibility of a smaller scale MK fix. Banning should be the absolute last resort when no other option exists. That is not the case here.

And even if said patch were implemented, there would be more problems with trying to balance MK further because he would be under a constant microscope, being watched to find the slightest problem.
It won't be easy, but that is no reason not to try given the alternative.

BluePeachy100

Smash Champion
Hyper you were never good to begin with, you lost to Affinity who was decent at best in his prime.

Go to KS and Clel will **** you with Marf!

EpixAura

Smash Journeyman
Both side's argument's fail hard. I remember the original pro-ban vs. pro-whatever you guys are called. These arguments are so different from those. It's kind of funny.

Browny

Smash Hater
Finally without MK to hold him back, Ganon can show his true potential. Watch out tierlist, he's comin for ya.

Chuee

Smash Hero
...Wtf? Not sure if serious...
It usually rarely occurs because
1. Most people who place high use characters who don't need secondaries.
2. Most people who are good with that character won't be losing to someones secondary.

Xyro77

However random is not and not mentioned in the ruleset which will lead to TOs interpreting it differently.
what part of mk is banned do u not understand? whether random picks mk for you or the apple u throw at the controler picks mk. mk is banned.

popsofctown

Smash Champion
mk is banned. period.
MK is "banned" in all those scenarios I presented. He's more "banned" in the one where you can't pick random at all than he is in the way you said it would be handled, which demonstrates why the word "banned" is not cutting it here.

Xyro77

It usually rarely occurs because
1. Most people who place high use characters who don't need secondaries.
2. Most people who are good with that character won't be losing to someones secondary.
1. wrong.
2. wrong.

next?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom