• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Meta Knight Officially Banned!

Status
Not open for further replies.

SSGuy

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4871-4520-9643
I have mixed emotions. Now I need to find a new counter for Marth and Peach. But hopefully this revitalizes some of the mid tier character and even some low tier characters and not just sky rocket the use of 6 to 7 characters.

popsofctown

Smash Champion
The sucky thing about Marth is that all the characters that hold their own against him take a lot of time investment. Snake, Diddy, and D3 are all tricky to play. D3 would be the easiest of those I guess, as long as you're not as technically impaired as I am.

Ripple

ᗣᗣᗣᗣ ᗧ·····•·····
The sucky thing about Marth is that all the characters that hold their own against him take a lot of time investment. Snake, Diddy, and D3 are all tricky to play. D3 would be the easiest of those I guess, as long as you're not as technically impaired as I am.
DK is pretty easy to pick up and goes even with him

Alien Vision

Smash Ace
It seems you have the ability to question things that are very advantageous, but lack the ability to apply them into real-time situations. You should try focusing on balancing out these two qualities the best you can.

popsofctown

Smash Champion
DK is pretty easy to pick up and goes even with him
Learn something new everyday.

It seems you have the ability to question things that are very advantageous, but lack the ability to apply them into real-time situations. You should try focusing on balancing out these two qualities the best you can.
I always appreciate constructive criticism but I'm not sure what you're saying here.

rm88

Smash Ace
NNID
Rm88Go
3DS FC
5241-1973-5614
Marth is seriously not a MK-level issue, guys. I always go Kirby or Peach on Marth, it's tough but perfectly winnable. That's the thing, no other character is as safe as MK, I honestly think Brawl will see its better years starting 2012.

Alien Vision

Smash Ace
Wait, so how exactly is Peach a bad character besides light weight, and really crappy killing potential. My brother told me to main Peach isntead of my Pit / Ganondorf / Sheik, so I am asking why I am able to use Peach so efficiently when I rarely ever play her. XD

Keitaro

Banned via Administration
Not to be a ****, but Europe needs to get out of here with "we didn't need to ban MK" You don't need to ban MK because your MK players are not very good. Orion got 2nd at a national beating Leon in LF then got like 65th at a New Jersey regional. He's one of your best MKs and he's only good, not great. Same with Japan, your MKs just don't compare to ours who have brought the character to the absolute brokenness he can be.
This is a pretty good post.

SSGuy

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4871-4520-9643
Wait, so how exactly is Peach a bad character besides light weight, and really crappy killing potential. My brother told me to main Peach isntead of my Pit / Ganondorf / Sheik, so I am asking why I am able to use Peach so efficiently when I rarely ever play her. XD
Peach shouldn't have a hard time killing. With her moves like up smash fresh, she should be able to kill as early as 110% Her fair is also decent.

Peach is a lot heavier than most people expect also. A Peach with good DI surprises people.

All I'm saying is, Peach is an underrated character compared to others.

Dr. Tuen

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0559-7294-8323
You need to focus on the bigger picture here. There is one simple fact regarding MK. No one will ever prove he is broken. Brawl has FAR too many variables and if you cite other fighting games your argument is void instantly.
I'll take this challenge. I think I'll have the data mining and analysis done in the next four days. I can't say I'll prove he's broken, but I will have a definitive statistically grounded answer to the question. You may say we can't account for all the variables, and I agree to an extent. But we can make certain limiting assumptions and push forward with an analysis.

This won't require the use of other games as a comparison either. I'm fairly certain my second pass will use even more robust methods than the first too. I'm also fairly certain that if this type of analytical method is good enough for the scientific research community, it'll be good enough for this one as well.

Four days. Give it a look when I'm done.

imag

Smash Rookie
Keep sucking AlphaZealot's ****, brawl community. You were only relevant 'cause of MLG's tournaments. Those are over, ***** cut.

John12346

Smash Master
NNID
JohnNumbers
You know, now that I think about it, and someone actually told me this the other day, but this will be the first time in the history of fighting games where a "starter" character(AKA a character that did not require unlocking in order to use) got banned from tournament play...

SaltyKracka

Smash Lord
Honestly, even though this is something that is probably a great day for the Brawl community, I cannot help but see it as far too late to save a dying game competitively. To be quite frank, even with the amount of renewed interest in Brawl that this ban will (hopefully) generate, the tournament community for this game is going to continue to get smaller and smaller as more people drop this game for other fighters such as the flood that's going to hit later this year and early 2012.

So in essence, good job, but too late. I guess I'll just have to wait for the next Smash Bros. and see how that turns out.

Nysyarc

Last King of Hollywood
NNID
Nysyarc
3DS FC
1075-0983-2504
It bothers me that people make comments like "I thought Brawl was dead" and "People play Smash Bros?". I mean I realize it's not a majority of people saying these things, but still; makes me think more could be done to get our community noticed.

In general, I mean. Not pointing any fingers here, just musing.

:248:

M@v

Subarashii!
I got a question. If MK is banned for Brawl, what about SSB4?
No <_<

There's a very high likelihood that smash 4's character balance will be completely different than brawl, just like brawl was different from melee, and melee from 64.

rm88

Smash Ace
NNID
Rm88Go
3DS FC
5241-1973-5614
Sakurai doesn't care about competitive Smash. Still, he said he balanced Brawl by himself, and that the next one will be balanced by a group of testers.

=ArtH=

Smash Apprentice
It bothers me that people make comments like "I thought Brawl was dead" and "People play Smash Bros?". I mean I realize it's not a majority of people saying these things, but still; makes me think more could be done to get our community noticed.

In general, I mean. Not pointing any fingers here, just musing.

:248:
They say the same things about their own games (Marvel, AE, MK, etc.). They're just generic trolls, it doesn't matter what game the post is about. Don't fall for it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom