• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Metagame Minute, DI Part 4, Out Now! 12/13/2011 UPDATE!

Fox Is Openly Deceptive

Smash Detective
Administrator
BRoomer
Concerning the stale laser on block which can be spot dodged, did you keep in mind that some characters have different length spotdodges? http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=225510
I can only guess that a few characters would still be disadvantaged even if they spotdodged the grab and there are a few other interesting things that might change as well. Was this considered? If so, what else was found?

Ripple

ᗣᗣᗣᗣ ᗧ·····•·····
spotdodge is not MK's fastest option OOS btw GIMR.

up-B OOS is invincible frame 1

Browny

Smash Hater
p. sure its not
I was under the impression that this was common knowledge
Same. Didnt know the thing about staled lasers losing the advantage though, and considering lasers will be stale, I guess it does matter a fair bit. Especially since falco wont always be landing in his grab range while silent laser'ing, it should be dodgeable quite often.

Ripple

ᗣᗣᗣᗣ ᗧ·····•·····
not for DK QQ...

btw, you're right, not invincible frame 1

GimR

GimR, Co-Founder of VGBootCamp
NNID
VGBC_GimR
not for DK QQ...

btw, you're right, not invincible frame 1
Yeah, it's frame 5

p. sure its notSame. Didnt know the thing about staled lasers losing the advantage though, and considering lasers will be stale, I guess it does matter a fair bit. Especially since falco wont always be landing in his grab range while silent laser'ing, it should be dodgeable quite often.
actually the further away you are the better your frame advantage once it hits their shield. for example, if I'm far away enough where the laser doesn't hit my opponent until 2 frames after I land, then that's an extra 2 frame advantage. Also, don't forget that Falco's grab range is quite big.

I wasn't going to say this but...

Lucas' U-smash is invincible frame 1-4
I was actually thinking about this, but for a Lucas to think fast enough to Usmash OOS after you laser it, That Lucas would have to be very well informed, fast, and smart, lol

GimR

NNID
VGBC_GimR
I didn't put this is in the video but DLX cancel is also possible no matter what on block and hit, and it's really hard to punish

Laem

Smash Champion
DLX cancel?
also gimr, do u know just how stale laser would have to be for losing the +5 advantage?

Laem

Smash Champion
ohh i idd know it as the gatling combo
grab here is still the best thing ever tho

stingers

Smash Obsessed
gatling combo refers to the dash attack and the usmash both connecting. its different from a dacus where u cancel the dash attack asap
its also useful for getting dacus down for scrubs. like how in melee, u learned to wavedash by airdodging clunkily into the ground. its baby steps

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
so...a DACUS where the DA part hits before it gets C'd into the US?

why do we need two different terms to say the same thing?
The Gatling Combo was discovered before people realized that you could cancel into an Up-Smash without first hitting with a dash attack.

Canceling the dash attack after it hits doesn't give you nearly as much of a horizontal boost (if any), so they definitely have different uses, at least. I think if DACUS was discovered before the Gatling Combo, the name would've probably been similar (sort of like short/long glide toss). Late DACUS or something. I dunno.

GimR

NNID
VGBC_GimR
I think it should be called DAHCUS: Dash Attack Hit Canceling U-Smash

-LzR-

Smash Hero
This laser thing is pretty cool and it's something that actually is very viable and useful in every match. I am sure our local Falco has used this against me, because sometimes I realize I didn't seem to have time to do anything to escape it in time.

GimR

NNID
VGBC_GimR
Hey guys, I'm sorry to have to say this but you're gonna have to wait another week. I had technical difficulties for most of the week and on Sunday(today) I got sick.

@Dr. Fair: Thanks :awesome:

san.

1/Sympathy = Divide By Zero
NNID
Sansoldier
3DS FC
4957-2846-2924
It's all good. Take your time, hope you feel better.

GimR

NNID
VGBC_GimR
i was gonna come in here and be all :mad: and 'im expecting a video tomorrow'

but now i feel bad for wanting to do that because you have a legit john

if youre not gonna give us a vid can you at least tell us what its about?
melee :awesome:

SlashTalon

Smash Ace
Do a Fullhop-Fair then buffer a laser before landing to always achieve a silent laser. Use the distance from the ground where he fires the silent laser as a reference to now perform it freely. Hope that helps.

stingers

Smash Obsessed
melee in competitive brawl discussion? lol
nah this was a cool vid though =] its cool to know they just directly ported over the melee characters like that.

MonkUnit

Project M Back Roomer
they didn't port over the melee data on characters

as far as mechanics like bowser's GRCG, then yes, it is "ported" per se due to being able to GRCG in both games.

B.A.M.

Smash Lord
NNID
Bambatta
sadness. i really was looking forward to another brawl mechanic thats less explored. Crouch Cancelling got me all excited then it was sort of a dud (relative to what I thought it was) and then no brawl metagame minute. Good vid though. I really thought you were joking about it regarding melee.

Kinzer

Mammy
NNID
Kinzer
3DS FC
2251-6533-0581
I would like to see if Falco's phantasm mechanics can be explained in full or greater detail.

Yes, a researcher's request to another. :)

:093:

A2ZOMG

Smash Legend
NNID
A2ZOMG
Switch FC
SW 8400 1713 9427
I can safely say from memory that Falco literally does teleport during individual frames when doing phantasm. Hitting him out of it is a matter of spacing. This was covered in a topic in the Falco forums.

Same thing goes for the Wolf Flash probably, not to mention Fox Illusion.

Yikarur

Smash Master
the hurtbox comes before the hitbox, every timed attack in the game could hit Fox/Falco/Wolf out of it without the attacker getting hit himself. Fox/Falco/Wolf get bull**** lag if they get hit out of sideB.
Fox/Falcos sideB hit has hitlag for the one getting hit, but not for the attacker.
:D

Top Bottom