• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Metaknight- *The Official Thread*

Tetsuwan_Geno

Smash Rookie
On the Pacific 'Ring of Fire'. Yay, volcanoes!
I'm impressed with the number of people who are not only taking him seriously but favorably. I'm quite glad, actually; having Metaknight as one of my favorite characters ever was one of my unspoken vices. Great to know I'm not the only one intending to make him their main. Here's to the Masked Blue One!

Iggy K

Smash Ace
Unless there's a new character who I like better than him, Metaknight will be my second most used character, right next to Yoshi.

Muffin_man

Smash Journeyman
I have no idea whether or not Meta Knight will be one of my mains or not, but I'm still surprised yet excited that he's made it into Brawl. The Halbird makes it all the sweeter; I have good memories playing Kirby Super Star at my best friends house almost a decade ago, and Meta Knight's Revenge was our favorite mini-game out of the lot.

SSJ4Kazuki

Smash Champion
I know the halbred's music.
DONT JUST CLICK ON THE LINK, YOU WILL GET AN ERROR MESSAGE.
Everyone copy and paste this into their browser window.

http://downloads.ffshrine.org/soundtracks/Kirby_Super_Star/203_-_kirby_attacks!.mp3

It could be that, or this:

http://downloads.ffshrine.org/soundtracks/Kirby_Super_Star/205_-_take_down_the_halberd!.mp3

Either way, that site frickin rocks!

It has music from Almost EVERY GAME EVER!

From Advance Wars to Zork (Return to) SERIOUSLY. Zork OST: http://gh.ffshrine.org/soundtracks/1832

It even has Half the crash bandicoot series (The good half),
Super Smash Bros 64 and Melee (all 3 discs of music)
Even the Futurama OSV! The New Super Mario Bros. DS rip, NEARLY EVERYTHING.

Check that site out.

Now.

http://gh.ffshrine.org

GenG

Smash Lord
What about Dark Metaknight (from The Amazing Mirror) being featured as an alternate outfit? I think the worn out cape and the razor blade look for the Galaxia sword make him very cool.

I'd love to see it in Brawl.

Eaode

Smash Champion
So many characters is brawl already look awesome.

I'm playing Meta Knight first, and the pit, and then Zamus

Meta Knight will either be my main or my secondary, or main, or whatever. But I'm definitely playing him!!!

--------------

And here's my idea for the new "Team" setup.

Teams are black, white, blue, red, green.

Of course you cant have everyone on a different team, but i felt that still holding it to three in melee was a little dumb. Some characters dont look good in the original three. Maybe as a stretch they could also add yellow and purple lol.

lanky_gunner

Smash Master
The Moon, with the Fierce Deity Mask in hand
NNID
lanky_gunner
3DS FC
3179-6065-1453
Switch FC
SW-6340-2624-9135
depending on who is secret, i would play meta, then pit, zamus, then wario, then when snake is unlocked, i would play as him. if snake was playable at the beginning, i would play as him first. for now though...

Metaknight ftw!

SupaSmashBrotha

Smash Ace
:chuckle: That movie was so funny Woody Harrelson is the ugliest woman (besides Wesley Snipes) I've ever seen.

Back on topic: Metaknight is in the game. He will rule. All should rejoice.

Masque

Keeper of the Keys
(You're no better for just pointing out spam without contributing).

On topic, I love the music that...someone suggested! I'm guessing it's from Kirby Super Star, but I could be mistaken. Whatever it's from, GREAT choice for the Halberd stage. =)

Jossy

Smash Apprentice
im excited about pit and metaknight
but not so exciter over wario , samus and snake...

i dont think metaknight will be my new main, i think yoshi remains mine
however, i cant really descide yet.
pit has the potential of becoming my new main too... maybe other character we're not sure about yet too

Blazer

Smash Ace
Metaknight will be my Main if Wolf doesn't make it. They've been my two most wanted chars. since the first Smash.

Silver Flame

Smash Ace
I was so happy when I saw MetaKnight, I love MK, he is so going to be my main though Pit looks awsome two
I like the Idea of dark MK from amazing mirror
moveset
b sword beam
->b combo
down b cape
up b similar to final cutter but not quite
kirby should get his mask, sword kirby, while awsome, looks more like link

Blazer

Smash Ace
I think Metaknight up B should be three slashes upwards that get him air similiar to Link up B in Melle. Not much, but after five puffs he's going to not have far to go...

T-major

Smash Champion
I desided to main Meta Knight the minute I saw him (so far, secondary is Wario) I wanted him to be in Melee, and now that he's in Brawl (and better then I expected, I might add) you better belive I'll be using him! I also think they should add DeDeDe, but thats off topic so I won't get into that.

I can see his attacks doing little damage alone. but with that many multi-hits, the damage will add up quick.

but one thing I'm wondering. did you see the three slashes he did, that ended by sending somone into the air (forget who it was)? do you think this might be a smash? if so, it looks like it has decent knock back, which is awsome!

Knome

Smash Apprentice
I desided to main Meta Knight the minute I saw him (so far, secondary is Wario) I wanted him to be in Melee, and now that he's in Brawl (and better then I expected, I might add) you better belive I'll be using him! I also think they should add DeDeDe, but thats off topic so I won't get into that.

I can see his attacks doing little damage alone. but with that many multi-hits, the damage will add up quick.

but one thing I'm wondering. did you see the three slashes he did, that ended by sending somone into the air (forget who it was)? do you think this might be a smash? if so, it looks like it has decent knock back, which is awsome!
It'll probibly be a rapid A attack. I think he used it on Link(woe is Link!).

T-major

Smash Champion
so, you think it might be just a normal rapid slash? that sending the opponent into the air (in this case, Link) is the way it finishes the move, insted of just stoping.... sounds awsome to me! that would add major combo posibilities to MK's arsanal.

Ac35Full701

Smash Apprentice
I was planning on at least trying him and Pit out as my top two favorites..

Though I'd laugh if MetaKnight turns out terrible considering how many of you are so pumped about using him.

That'd suck though. He looks sick, and I'm definitely trying him out right away. His level looks ridiculously nice too.

T-major

Smash Champion
they better include the ending music from Revenge of Meta Knight in Brawl! best ending music, ever!

the Halberd stage music, I think should be a medley of songs from RoMK. fused together to make one big song. one that starts off slow then picks up speed.

... hmmm.... lets see. how can we praise Meta Knight more, umm....... Move set?

F8AL

Banned via Warnings
I'm so playing as MetaKnight when SSBB comes out. I hope his sword is more powerful than Marth's,Roy's,Link's,Y-Link's swords. I love it how his wings give him lots of recover jumps or to attack his opponents.

Nietendodude

Smash Ace
He should definately have his tornado attack in there. The music should be what T-Major said. Metaknight will be my first main. I like the combo guys better any way

T-major

Smash Champion
hey, did anyone else think of this (probably a lot of people did, but what ever)

many people have labled this as his running attack. which makes sense, it looks like one. but as you've probably noticed, his wings are out.... maybe, could his run be him gliding forward close to the ground? and that that mid-air glide he does, could possably be an air dash? find out on the next exciting episode of... "WTF is Meta Knight doing!?"

Devastlian

Smash Lord
Well, T-major, towards the end of the newest trailer, when it shows the fight on the Halberd, Meta Knight glides along the ground and then does that move. An aerial dash sounds like a reasonable explanation for his glide.

Brawlmatt202

Smash Champion
Meta Knights' cool, simple as that.

...Wait, why am I showing you guys this. You can just take a looking in the upper left hand corner to see him.

Oh well, he's cool nonetheless.

Stryks

Smash Hero
Metaknight is awesome, hes quick, has multiple jumps and looks totally bad ***, I may main him, but pit 1st, unless ridley, wolf, mach rider, dark samus, megaman and/or sonic are in brawl XD...

_umbra_

Smash Champion
Metaknight (if he's not a secret char), will be the first character I try out, and most likely my first main. Of course, keeping up with tradition, I'm going to play everyone anyway. I'm a huge kirby fan, so meta knight and/or kirby will get a lot of play form me at first.

Brawlmatt202

Smash Champion
Metaknight (if he's not a secret char), will be the first character I try out, and most likely my first main. Of course, keeping up with tradition, I'm going to play everyone anyway. I'm a huge kirby fan, so meta knight and/or kirby will get a lot of play form me at first.
Same here! Seriosuly, except for the maining Meta Knight part. Don't get me wrong, I'm going to play Meta Knight often, but I'll be likely to play other characters more.

Meta_Owns_Ur_Dad

Smash Ace
I'm so playing as MetaKnight when SSBB comes out. I hope his sword is more powerful than Marth's,Roy's,Link's,Y-Link's swords. I love it how his wings give him lots of recover jumps or to attack his opponents.
doubt it, he looks like he's going to be weak but fast. I LOVE HIM. whenever i first saw the trailer and this appeared...

i was like AAAAAAHHHHH!!!! HE'S GONNA BE MY MAIN!! lol ill make a moveset for funand c if u guys like it.

Top Bottom