• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Metaknight- *The Official Thread*

Dylan_Tnga

Smash Master
I'm so playing as MetaKnight when SSBB comes out. I hope his sword is more powerful than Marth's,Roy's,Link's,Y-Link's swords. I love it how his wings give him lots of recover jumps or to attack his opponents.
OMG IM GONNA MAIN METAKNIGHT AND I HOPE HES SUPER STRONG AND FAST AND BROKEN SO I CAN BEAT EVERYONE!1111!!!11!!1one

Get real.

Metaknight_owns_urdad is a genius posting name ^^

Meta_Owns_Ur_Dad

Smash Ace
lol i used to be meta_owns_ur_mom and then i left this site. Now im back, YAY! Now for that moveset.

A- a single swipe of his sword.
AA- a follow up slash.
AAA- same as first A.
AAAA- the same a AA but finishes he combo.
^A- Meta swipes above himself twice.
<A>- charges a very powerful swing.
DownA- Sweeps around his feet.
B- Meta creates a tiny tornado that goes the distance of 5 Metaknights. Medium lag and is slow.
^B- Same as kirby's.
>B- Meta's blade becomes on fire and swings, with better reach then A>, but weaker.
DownB- Raps his cape around him and is invulnerable during that time, but is vulnerable before and after execution.
ArielA- same as kirby's.
Ariel<A>- Swipes in the designated direction.
Ariel^A- swipes above himself.
Arieldown- swipes below himself.
Charge(A while running)- kicks the opponent.

thats a darn good moveset right there... i think.

shadenexus18

Smash Master
NNID
ForteEXE1986
It looks like Meta-Knight is gonna perform way better than Kirby ever could. I guess I'll train with him and use him to his full potential. Same thing goes for Pit.

Brawlmatt202

Smash Champion
It looks like Meta-Knight is gonna perform way better than Kirby ever could. I guess I'll train with him and use him to his full potential. Same thing goes for Pit.
...:ohwell:

I wouldn't say that, but I have to admit, Meta Knight does have a lot more skills with swordsmanship ans speed then Kirby does.

i_eat_fried_worms

Smash Cadet
...:ohwell:

I wouldn't say that, but I have to admit, Meta Knight does have a lot more skills with swordsmanship ans speed then Kirby does.
I disagree, a few of my friends pwn with kirby, he's not that bad, just misunderstood

Sjakmachien

Smash Journeyman
Meta Knight is going to kick ***. He's fast, strong, and have's a cool sword. He's going to be top tier, no doubt.

valtiel

Smash Journeyman
meta knight looks like a fast character who could combo the hell out of everyone. The only drawback I think is weak attacks and being knocked out easily. Im totally gonna main him though! hes just so cool!

MikeKirby

OTL Winrar
Kirby has been my main practically since the beginning and it will stay that way. Still I am exited to try out Meta Knight. I just hope Kirby is beefed back up like he was in N64 version or similar to it.

Nietendodude

Smash Ace
Metaknight going to rock and Kirby may get better to. I think he'll be a awsome smash character as long as he has a long range attack. If any of you played squeak squad you would see that metaknight has an awsome set for some speciall moves. For exsample:

B= FLAME SLASH (chargeable): Meta knight hold his sword in the air then will turn on fire the longer you hold the more flaming slashes come out. Min.1 Max.5 it will do burning damage no knock back and is repetive damage. they will eevntually fade.

B down= THUNDER STAB (ground only): Metaknight quickly rasies his sword then gets eletricity going around it then stabs the floor fast. This move has high knockback but lags after the move.

Super Smash= METAKNIGHT TWISTER: Metaknight rasies his sword and charges then stabs the floor in front of him creating a Huge twister anyone caught be it will take damage until the attack is over and the twister is very high and hard to evade.

That is what his maove set should have.

RDK

Smash Hero
Kirby got a lot of heat when the original smash came out, because everyone thought he was cheap. I don't think it would be a good idea to make him a clone of his n64 version in Brawl.

There sure are a lot of people talking about maining Metaknight. Now it's not going to be so fun pwning people with him because he's going to be played by so many people. :dizzy:

Nietendodude

Smash Ace
Kirby got a lot of heat when the original smash came out, because everyone thought he was cheap. I don't think it would be a good idea to make him a clone of his n64 version in Brawl.

There sure are a lot of people talking about maining Metaknight. Now it's not going to be so fun pwning people with him because he's going to be played by so many people. :dizzy:
well people are saying this because he is the only cool character confrimed and that everyone likes. I believe that when diddy Kong is confirmed People will be saying "I'm going to main diddy Kong" So don't worry people will get other characters to try out and see if they are any good with them.

lanky_gunner

Smash Master
The Moon, with the Fierce Deity Mask in hand
NNID
lanky_gunner
3DS FC
3179-6065-1453
Switch FC
SW-6340-2624-9135
yeah there is. if there was an update tomorrow about him, sure the thread would be a buzz for a while, but would eventually die down. at least now we can discuss what we THINK metaknight could do

Meta_Owns_Ur_Dad

Smash Ace
I hear that people think his tornado attack will be his Final Smash. I like this, but this goes against the moveset i created, because i made a miniature tornado move for his B attack. I guess i don't mind. I can't think of anything else for it though.

We'll learn Metaknight's special attacks by Monday th earliest, if we get his bio tomorrow.

GenG

Smash Lord
Metaknight has a beam attack in the anime (you can see that here at 2:00) that would make an excellent B move (but smaller of course). I bet this is being implemented right now, too hot for let it out.

Meta_Owns_Ur_Dad

Smash Ace
Metaknight has a beam attack in the anime (you can see that here at 2:00) that would make an excellent B move (but smaller of course). I bet this is being implemented right now, too hot for let it out.
Oh... cool! I like it...i'm a big fan of him but i don't watch the anime. That is a great move for brawl.

meta tornado for Final Smash!

pineappleupsetshark

Smash Journeyman
Every time Sakurai updates, and it isn't Metaknight's bio, a kitten dies.
Lotsa dead kittens. :(
I'm totally gonna main Metaknight, unless he's suckalicious.
In which case it might be Yoshi.

the grim lizard

Smash Master
good cats suck! now if it was a puppy...
Unless it was one of those Nintendogs that block the screen :mad:

We'll learn Metaknight's special attacks by Monday th earliest, if we get his bio tomorrow.
Not necessarily. I wouldn't put it past Sakurai to put up his special moves or his Final Smash before his character profile goes up. You can never predict that guy...

Smady

Smash Master
What do you guys expect MetaKnight's Super Smash to be? A massive sword-energy-wave slashathon, or a one-on-one sword fighting ownage?

BurningCrusader777

Smash Journeyman
My take on Meta-Knight is this:

General
At this point in time, MK looks to be almost broken. He has multiple jumps, and apparently, his aerials are so quick that he loses no air time between them. He has a multi-hit lifter that doesn't look like it would be too easy to DI out of, and the lifter has little lag (it is seen in the video that MK combos it straight into his multi-hit aerial). So, on the offense, he is deadly, comparative to SSBM Fox.
It looks as if his cloak can be used as camouflage. If this is merely an Easter Egg effect with his shield that has no other use, fine. And it seems to be that way. Nintendo, keep it that way, we don't need an assassin type character that never gets hit. Hopefully, they make don't give him too much defensive prowess, otherwise, yes, he will be broken.

Offensive Game
As mentioned above, his ability on the attack is comparative to SSBM Fox. Once he gets into you, he'll probably have a 0-death combo on nearly every character in the game. This is accentuated even more by the fact that, at this point, his aerials have almost no lag (proof is in the video, the segment with MK vs. Pit in the air. MK does his multi-hit aerial and loses next to no airtime). Unless this is changed, say "Hi!" to a Jigglypuff with a shorter-ranged Falchion, folks.
With those rapid aerials, MK will have no problem breaking through most defenses. No question about that. But what about his defense?

Defensive Game
Much is to be said about this. But, to say, one must remember that Meta-Knight is literally a blue Kirby in armor. Therefore, he would only weigh slightly more than Kirby, and fall slightly faster. So, we have, right now, a small size character with Med-Low weight and Med-Low falling speed. That would make him vulnerable to most upwards KOs, and by the looks of it, there are many more powerful usmashes (just look at Kirby's. It KO'd Mario and Link at the same time.). This would severely limit his defensive game, making MK rely on dodging and mindgames to avoid even getting hit.
As mentioned previously, MK's cloak should either be stationary, or have a really short invisibility period. He could, quite literally, stay in the shadows and strike. Ultimate mindgames, people! 'Twould be broken if it was kept this way.

Recovery
One word describes MK's recovery ability : Broken.
1.) Multiple Jumps.
2.) He apparently has the ability to glide after the jumps.
3.) His anti-lag aerials allow him to fend off edge-guarders with ease.
4.) Med-low falling speed + Multi-jump + Glide = Off-Stage camping, sort of what Jigglypuff can do.
I feel no need to continue with this, because it is obvious that his recovery may end up rivaling (and most likely surpassing) SSBM Samus, SSBM Jigglypuff, Peach, and SSB Pikachu.

Speed
Fast. Really. Fast. At least, in the air. Not much of MK's ground game has been revealed, but I would assume that it consists mainly of high speed sword attacks. Okay, he'll never be as fast as SSBM CF or SSBM Fox, but no character in SSBB ever will. At least, that's what I think.

Final Verdict
MK, for now, seems to be very much Top-Tier material. His Offensive and Recovery games are both nearly broken, with only his defense somewhat lacking. Nintendo would have to make his defense Medium at best, just to keep him balanced. Sure, he lacks projectiles, but so does Marth, and that didn't keep him off Top Tier/High Tier. Suggestions?

1.) Make him light. Really, really light.
2.) Make him a fast faller. That way we won't have a Jedi-puff.
3.) Give him a slow roll and spot-dodge.
4.) Make the glide duration short.

At this, I end my post.
~ Crusader

MetalMetaKnight

Smash Journeyman
Well, its already known that Meta is going to be a bit heavyer than kirby and will have 5 flaps with his wings before he gets tierd and and i think his Up-B is him Flaping his wings Upwards with his sword pointing up and then glide.

and his final smash will probably be the Meta Tornado, the one he shows in Kirby Squeak Squad

Meta_Owns_Ur_Dad

Smash Ace
Here is what i peiced up in his moveset.
I am piecing together the moves revealed in pictures and trailers to make his actual moveset = ) i may need help...

Standard Combo

A- Metaknight get's in a stance and swings in a 8 formation 8 times.

the A tilts...

A>- he swings his blade up, tossing his opponent from his feet to falling perilously in the air.
Av- N/A
A^- He swings up above his head.

SMASH ATTACKS

A>- Metaknight swipes horizontally.
Av- N/A
A^- N/A

B moves

B- Possibly the invicible move.
Bv- The invicible move he does in the first trailer. This has to be a B move and the most reasonable position for this move is to be Bv (it could possibly be B.)
B^- N/A
B>- N/A

Throws

<Throw: His <throw is that he grabs them, and you get the option to sing a dozen times in a 8 formation (with all his throws) and then when thrown, and swings backward so he's flinging him away with his blade like he don't give a ****. Cool...
^Throw: N/A
vThrow: N/A
>Throw: N/A

Ariel Attacks

Fair- Swings like normally tapping A on the ground.
Nair- He rolls in mid-air and slices through his opponents. (much like Kirby's Bair, but faster and less range.)
Bair- He swings behind him without even looking that way... bada$$.
Upair- N/A (guessing he swings upward like his other moves behave, but you never really know.)
Dair- He swipes downward quickly.

OTHER

Running A- sticks his leg out when bursting forward.
Smash Attack: N/A

Help me out. Soon Sakurai will feed us more of his moves.

Well, its already known that Meta is going to be a bit heavyer than kirby and will have 5 flaps with his wings before he gets tierd and and i thing his Up-B is him Flaping his wings Upwards with his sword pointing up and then glide.

and his final smash will probably be the Meta Tornado, the one he shows in Kirby Squeak Squad
I bet he does his glide automatically.

DainBramaged

Smash Ace
Metaknight will OWN!!!!

he'll slice you more times per second then there are stupid insane crappy ideas on these boards (eyes the Mii, Red/Ash, DBZ, Blaisiken, waluigi etc threads)......thats ALOT of "Pwnswrding"

anyways......everyone is suggesting Meta's "tornado" attack as his final smash.....so i thought I'd post a 30 second vid of him using it....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sUZ29f47d7w
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

now imagine THAT with improved graphics......=final smash

Fushidane

Smash Rookie
Being a fan of the Kirby series, it's needless to say I'll play as him.
Even if he's in the bottom tier.

Whatever characters I like, I try to get a hang of playing as them as much as possible.

Smady

Smash Master
I think his Super Smash will give only one chance for survival. He'll throw a sword randomly to one side of the screen, it'll be very small and not have a pedestal. It will look like Metaknight's regular one. Just like in the Kirby games, you can pick it up. But only one person can. Metaknight will then attack each person one-by-one, nearest to furthest, and will stop when he reaches the sword-handling person because he blocks his sword.

Anyway, if you don't have the sword, he slashes your *** off and then either kicks you down or slashes you up depending on your height on the stage. It'll close-up on Metaknight whie this happens. Good idea?

majora_787

Smash Hero
Metaknight = Awesome. his level? awesome. I always go for fast and furious over big and powerful. It's why I played as falcon more than ganondorf, and fox more than falco.

I'll be sure to take Metaknight for a spin as soon as I get the game. he looks awesome, and he has awesome combos.

Top Bottom