• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

MGC Championship Vegas 2010

vVv Rapture

Smash Lord
Writing Team
No, but he and Cheese are the reason a few resigned, and a few dropped before the could resign.
Well those two were M2K and Lee Martin. Even if they wanted to resign, no one went out of their way to get them dropped. That was my point.

Hyro

Smash Lord
Lee isnt being talked about because he literally stayed silent the whole time, unless it was just me mike and m2k around him.

The payouts are not like said, but CLOSE hyro. either way I'm done with this anyhow. Whatever Chibo thinks about me owing him some favor in return that MANY PEOPLE Has done for me is just plain selfish. I'm out
Hahahaha yeah that's generally what me and lee do when we're around one person we don't like. <3

It's called if you don't have anything good to say, don't say it. In the most literal sense. It really does help keep things positive. :)

Hyro

Smash Lord
Hmm I don't think we didn't like her though....she just never shut the **** up LOL

Punishment Divine

Smash Champion
Chibo sides with Cheese a lot, made Mike lose a stock, is known to plank, and is now complaining about this whole money thing in an argument with well-known, top players giving several sides of the story to his one.

I like Chibo, but I can see where this hate comes from.

Honestly, Chibo you shoulda just distanced yourself as far from Cheese as possible to begin with. Cheese is the current grime of the community. Why you would ever stick up for him/be involved with him knowing this is beyond me, even if you agree with his methods because right now, associating yourself with Cheese is like associating with card-carrying commies in an era of McCarthyism.

Xzax Kasrani

Smash Master
Chibo sides with Cheese a lot, made Mike lose a stock, is known to plank, and is now complaining about this whole money thing in an argument with well-known, top players giving several sides of the story to his one.

Honestly, Chibo you shoulda just distanced yourself as far from Cheese as possible to begin with. Cheese is the current grime of the community. Why you would ever stick up for him/be involved with him knowing this is beyond me, even if you agree with his methods because right now, associating yourself with Cheese is like associating with card-carrying commies in an era of McCarthyism.

Cheese isn't that bad. At times I get very upset with him and sometimes even dislike him but he just plays by the rules. He doesn't really show pride but he still follows the rules. Hes actually a good dude but I do agree some of the stuff he does and the way he acts in not cool. Chibo is just defending his friend, and in all honesty, Cheese needs someone because he gets TOO much hate. It was funny at first but now its too much.

<3 everyone

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed

I made Mike lose a stock from an official ruling AFTER mike already tried to DQ me for pausing and ledge camping after he said "were cool"

Known to plank is all the ledge meme that I go along with. I hardly do, seriously. People don't even realize this lol. The reason me v mike game 3 went to time for instance was because it was on luigi's lol, and mike was air camping me hardcore when he had a stock lead (as he should have been doing). at least i dont get upset if ppl ever camp me in return. some of my best sets online feature an extreme minimal amount of ledge grabs (vs RAIN i used 2 and brood was under 5 iirc to name a couple off the top of my mind)

the money situation is w/e. i told my side of the story as truthfully as possible and its up to people to believe it or not, that i cant control

but as for people telling me to distance myself from cheese like you just did PD is wrong. ppl have this crazy bias against cheese because its cool to hate ppl. i know what its like, theres been tons of ppl who have hated me for stupid or non-existant reasons throughout life. its happened to me a lot in smash as well, but i just keep on truckin through. but ppl need to honestly sit down and think about cheese. the stuff from mlg raleigh? who cares. they paused against the rules (which was explicitly stated in the website, the rules, and by AZ himself in the opening announcements). as for infractions and banning on aib? i dont know since I can't see them not being a mod there but ppl like inui have looked into it and said pretty much everything was legit.

however yes, cheese does some stupid things I can't stand about him. i absolutely hates how upset he gets over a match. the moment he threw his controller when he lost to kiraflax i stopped being all happy and cheering and stuff and the first thing i told him was "that **** has to stop, seriously." and especially with managing the vvv brawl division since he's doing that stuff while wearing our shirt and repping the company, im going to make sure it doesnt happen. everyone has their faults, we all do. you do pd, i do myself, everyone who has posted in this thread isnt perfectly. so whatever, live and move on. and those that have are the mature ones here. anti used to hate cheese, but recently made the blog tellin everyone to chill out and they hate just to hate and that he's cool with him now. ppl need to learn to bury the hatchet sometimes, and maybe you'll make some great new friends out of it.

and yes, i'm friends with cheese. definitely one of my better friends in the smash community atm. i can see past the bs faults here and there, and im glad i have. the only reason i'm actually able to go to MLG Dallas now (which attending the finals is practically a dream for me, seeing this game at the peak of it's competition and showmanship) is because Cheese is lending me his flight voucher of $400 to pay for the flight there. I don't know a single other person in the smash community outside of maybe one or two others that would do that for me. I currently have $25 to my name with $340 in bills I have to pay this weekend (though thankfully my paycheck on friday will cover them) and it was impossible to fly to dallas on such short notice without cheese helping me. hes a great friend to me, maybe perhaps everyone else should grow up and try to make some new friends as well.

@Xzax - mad respectable post

AllyKnight

Banned via Administration
Yeah but after all the bull**** you guys did for NO REASON AT ALL, you don't deserve anything.

You all went to Vegas with top 7 split in your mind when I TOLD YOU GUYS it wasn't going to happen and you guys get pissed and try to DQ us for something I warned you guys? That's where the doucheness comes in. You guys are horrible.

Punishment Divine

Smash Champion
I never said you should do it for any reason other than your own personal interest. Hating Cheese might be the cool thing to do for some, but let's face the facts. Cheese does whatever it takes to win, is very unsportsmanlike at times, and is unliked on AiB as an admin. People asked why you were getting this hate, and I answered truthfully. I don't like you any less after this Chibo, but you can't expect for people to automatically take your side when you affiliate with someone like Cheese. I don't think of you any less for it. I talk to Cheese at tournaments, he's pretty fun to talk to at times. Sometimes I'll humor his johns a little bit. It's cool. But the fact is, you're flirting with the enemy here. You asked why, and I gave you reasons.

Even if I were to "martyr" myself and be the one to start associating with Cheese, I wouldn't expect an immediate positive response. I do think cheese gets a lot more hate than he deserves, but I told him to his face at DC when he was expecting mad people to root against him "What you've done isn't against the rules, but you can't expect people to LIKE you after what you've done"

Also I don't actually believe that stuff is wrong, or maybe I do, idk what I think, but I was just stating reasons as to why people might side against you. I'm not taking any sides here, though, because I wasn't there and some of the details are really only knowable if you were there.

slikvik

Smash Master
**** MD/VA. I have no region. no really...
Yeah but after all the bull**** you guys did for NO REASON AT ALL, you don't deserve anything.

You all went to Vegas with top 7 split in your mind when I TOLD YOU GUYS it wasn't going to happen and you guys get pissed and try to DQ us for something I warned you guys? That's where the doucheness comes in. You guys are horrible.
you went back on your deal to buy him and xzax tickets if chibo beat haze. I mean it made sense financially to do it since you decided to split, but no one seems blameless at this "tourney"

edit: Ally you even admitted it in your earlier posts.

AllyKnight

Banned via Administration
you went back on your deal to buy him and xzax tickets if chibo beat haze. I mean it made sense financially to do it since you decided to split, but no one seems blameless at this "tourney"
lol you people just don,t get it, too many solid bricks of wall. I guess you had to be there to understand. also Cheese tried to get with Mimi and failed hardcore. LOL

etecoon

Smash Hero
no one seems blameless at this "tourney"
fatal and lee martin just showed up and *****. the one positive thing to come out of this, you can be a ***** like cheese and try to cheat people when things don't go your way, or you can just be awesome like fatal and 2-0 the worlds best player. which one of these got money?

also have to say it's pretty funny that vvv dropped lee and M2K while chibo and cheese remain, and they wonder why they have a bad reputation. gj picking the people you want to represent you.

King Funk

Int. Croc. Alligator
[19:30] oovideogamegodoo: i heard that
[19:30] oovideogamegodoo: there is a good chance
[19:30] oovideogamegodoo: that chibo might have ratted me out
[19:30] oovideogamegodoo: for dallas
[19:30] Lucas DeLorenzo: i heard that too
[19:30] oovideogamegodoo: i know for a fact, chibo and cheese are why i got kicked out of vvv
[19:30] oovideogamegodoo: WOW
[19:30] Lucas DeLorenzo: i dont got any proof of anything tho
[19:31] oovideogamegodoo: what have you heard
[19:31] Lucas DeLorenzo: same **** u heard
[19:31] oovideogamegodoo: which is?
[19:31] Lucas DeLorenzo: stuff u just told me
With slight editing, this sounds pretty funny. =D

Top Bottom