• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

MGC Championship Vegas 2010

Claire Diviner

President
NNID
ClaireDiviner
All people care about is money lmao. Just get jobs if it worries you that much. I can't understand stressing yourself out so much over a game. You stop splitting by getting better and getting 1st and not splitting with people.
That's my thoughts and point exactly. It is only a game in end. To get so worked up over prize money that would probably be spent in a week for non-neccesities is rather meaningless. I hope to one day enter an MLG event. When I do, I'll try with the best of my ability to win, with no doubt, but whether or not I do, my main goal is to have fun, meet and learn from other smashers, and better myself as a smasher. Couldn't have said it better.

AllyKnight

Banned via Administration
Woowww Hylian u didnt close this thread you're my hero.

Yeah I will say sorry and mean it but as of now I don't know how much it would mean to Chibo anymore esp how he got me mad anyhow with his foolishness

I ALREADY TOLD HIM WHY HIM BEATING MIKEHAZE DOESNT MEAN NOTHING, I'm not repeating myself again this wasn't a bounty hunter tournament.

Lee got 1.5k because jason gave money from his winning, he was going to get 1500$ but lee end up getting it for personal reasons.

I retracted that deal once again... because I told chibo I'd do it to give me chances of winning the 5000$ WITHOUT SPLITTING, now why would I do such thing when Mike is already splitting with me, mike beating me would have made almost no difference, I would have just wasted all of my money with those 2 plane tickets, I would have made like 500$ in the end, not helping my financial problems for ****.

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
You attend tournies where it's pretty much a tradition to split.

lol @ razer/gnes
I live in MO now, not texas. I've beaten all the top players in texas at some point and never split with them. The only time I've split with someone was Hobo4(2008) with Sethlon because he was my teammate/friend and we got 1st/2nd in singles(still played it out) and 1st in teams with like 100 entrants.

I've always advocated not splitting, or at least playing it out and not telling anyone you are going to split if you do.

If I close this thread people will just talk about it in other threads, just try to keep the spam down, discussion of what happened at a tournament is fine.

Ripple

ᗣᗣᗣᗣ ᗧ·····•·····
is it just me or is anyone else finding it hard that 4 of the top placing people in the nation are having financial problems?

Claire Diviner

President
NNID
ClaireDiviner
Smashblue sees through this dimgray

Agreed/10 though with coney's thought
Basically, if you have something to say to someone over PM, make sure it isn't over an argument. It gives whoever you PMed the power to do with your words whatever he/she wishes. The idea behind "Private" Messaging can be broken with the power of Ctrl + A and copy.

Claire Diviner

President
NNID
ClaireDiviner
is it just me or is anyone else finding it hard that 4 of the top placing people in the nation are having financial problems?
It's a safe bet that everyone nowadays are having financial trouble. I blame the economy, but that's because scapegoating it seems to be the only fallback reason at this point.

OverLade

Smash Hero
Did this tournament really happen? From reading this thread I don't believe it...

Good troll attempt tho.

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
Beating Haze is a good accomplishment, but to earn money, you need to win the tournament, or at least place 2nd.
I know that, but lol, Haze got money for last place and losing to me.

So basically, if Ally kept his $5000 dollars instead of giving some to Lee, Mike, and Matt, or did that behind your back, you wouldn't care?
I wouldn't. He won the tournament with those payouts. It was the fact that four players got together to split money only between the four of them leaving out the three of us for seemingly no reason, seeming like they were conspiring against us.

I don't know. I need clarification on this part. What did Elliot say he was going to give you and Xzax and why? Then, why did he retract this deal?
Thursday night before Vegas I had a bunch of people over. Before they were leaving we were talking about Vegas and Ally said "If you beat Mike Haze round 1, I'll pay for your trip to Dallas." Xzax then asked if he could as well since we were trying to get there together, and Ally said yes. Even though I thought he was kind of joking, we asked him like 5 times and he assured us it was no joke and he would. Ally further confirmed it in this thread:

And god, the Mikehaze plane ticket buying deal was real UNTIL MIKEHAZE WAS ACTUALLY SPLITTING WITH US, WHY IN THE HELL WOULD I SPLIT WITH MIKE, THEN GIVE CHIBO A PLANE TICKET FOR BEATING SOMEONE WHO WAS ALREADY SPLITTING WITH ME REGARDLESS OF WHAT PLACE I GET. WTH IS THIS LOGIC?
And what I'm saying is that him splitting with Mike (not sure why) has no effect on me and Xzax so I don't see why it cancels that deal.

Yeah I will say sorry and mean it but as of now I don't know how much it would mean to Chibo anymore esp how he got me mad anyhow with his foolishness
I appreciate you for saying this but I still have to think about it. I mean you did go back on a deal, not treat me like a friend, and post bits of a private conversation I had with you to try and make me look bad...

Gnes

Smash Master
All people care about is money lmao. Just get jobs if it worries you that much. I can't understand stressing yourself out so much over a game. You stop splitting by getting better and getting 1st and not splitting with people.
True dat
You attend tournies where it's pretty much a tradition to split.

lol @ razer/gnes
he doesn't live in texas. Texas usually only splits if its me/lee in GF or if i win WF's simply because idc about money, never had. Look at any tourney where Razer's won WF's or Dojo's anywhere near the money, no splitting happened lol.

So yes texas does split, because Gnes makes them.

Pierce7d

Wise Hermit
3DS FC
1993-9028-0439
Basically, if you have something to say to someone over PM, make sure it isn't over an argument. It gives whoever you PMed the power to do with your words whatever he/she wishes. The idea behind "Private" Messaging can be broken with the power of Ctrl + A and copy.
It's generally respect not to quote a private conversation. I'm disappointed to have seen it done.

Did this tournament really happen? From reading this thread I don't believe it...

Good troll attempt tho.
lmao

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
This is silly. Beyond all the morals, sportsmanship, manners, and whatever, I don't see where the problem is in players deciding how they want to spend their winnings, including effectively giving it away to select friends.

napZzz

Smash Hero
regardless of what was promised/talked about m2k/ally still came out with the money at the end and did what they wanted to do with it

cry more chibo/cheese, maybe you shouldn't have tried "playing dirty" when you were upset they didn't include you for good reason

I mean....it wasn't even your money, ally/m2k wona nd they did what they wanted with it. no need to take from it based on mis interpreted and unsolid agreements between all of you. It wasn't your money so......you cant expect to get any if they dont want you to

They basically gave leemartin/mikehaze/fatal money out of generosity, and left you out for idiotic behavior. Besides, you and cheese aren't even close to their level...even if you beat mikehaze, the reasons were stupid as to your win, and barely semi legit. You're both just upset because you wanted money you knew you wouldn't have been able to get regardless of what happened, and since they didn't share their winnings with you you have to do your best to make them look like bad guys regardless of the way you treated them back

Claire Diviner

President
NNID
ClaireDiviner
It's generally respect not to quote a private conversation. I'm disappointed to have seen it done.
You know, I agree. It shouldn't have happened in the first place. But it's things like that that should make people wary of what they PM, because you may never know if it will be kept confidential or not. Unfortunate, really, but it reminds us of the most important variable in life: "what if...".

Claire Diviner

President
NNID
ClaireDiviner
There's a pic... so it indeed occured.

EDIT: Eww, it's not like me to post simple sentences like that. I guess I'll post harder on my next post. >__>

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
Looks shopped.

Rykoshet

Smash Champion
No matter how little I play, no matter how much I really don't care for this game, the antics of entitled children will never get old. Never.

Hilarious **** guys. Maybe it'd be easier to split amicably or come to some sort of answer if people didn't just act like they were ****ing owed **** or trying to get one over on everyone else they're claiming to want to have some sort of rapport/friendship with.

That said, M2K is rockin' that smooth criminal status. Good work, jason.

RichBrown

Smash Master
So did M2K, Ally, Mike, and Lee all agree to a split while they were in DC, then renege on it the day before the tournament?

If so I can understand why Chibo and Cheese are upset.

If there was no initial agreement in place, then there's no reason to be upset.

Either way, it's M2K's and Ally's money, and they are allowed to distribute it whichever way they want.

I'm still curious about whether or not there was really a 7-way split in place at DC, both sides have said different things.

Top Bottom