• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

MGC Championship Vegas 2010

mikeHAZE

Smash Legend
Here's a repost of my vegas experience for those who haven't seen it.

Here's the facts from the drama.

Jason said he would split with Lee, Ally, and I. $6,000 between the four of us. Elliot needed money for something private. I needed money for a $700 ticket and to fix my car that broke down two weeks ago. Lee needs money for school.

Fatal, Chibo, and Cheese approached us at the hotel asking for a split (mind you this is after Cheese and Fatal lost a combine $500 in blackjack after the first night). They said they needed money (for traveling as they said). Nobody said anything, and they pushed for it and Jason said No. We all agreed (me ally and lee) that there was no point to split with them. including brilliant "why would we make $800 instead of $1,500?" logic.

After this, we met at the venue. Cheese, Chibo, and Fatal were all extremely mad. Fatal ended up beating M2K. Cheese tried to DQ people for the dumbest reasons.

He tried to DQ Ally for being Canadian, saying that "THIS COMPETITION IS ONLY OPEN TO US RESIDENTS HE'S FROM CANADA." After a half hour of arguing, the TO basically said that that it doesn't matter.

Cheese then tried to DQ Mew2king by saying "OH SO HOW'D YOU ENTER THE WIFI TOURNAMENT FROM AUSTRALIA? THERE'S NO WIFI THERE." Once again the TO didn't care.

Jason told Fatal "i'll give you $300 if you let me win, i dont really want to play" and Cheese told the TO "HE'S BRIBING ANOTHER PLAYER." the TO once again didn't care.

Cheese told the TO "THEY'RE SPLITTING THE MONEY," and i said "It's Jasons money to do whatever he wants."

One of the TO's said "matches will be 5 stock 8 minutes" and Cheese in hopes to time people out said that these rules were okay and got Chibo and Fatal to agree to these rules in hopes to run the clock and get revenge on us for not splitting.

Cheese cheered against me and talked hard **** when i played Chibo, even though we're all sponsored by the same company. I have been one of a few people to ever help him progress with good advice, and in game coaching at MLG's yet he decided to choose sides. Yes, I am salty, but that's because i've done so much for the kid and this is how he reacts.

I left vVv because I believe a Professional Organization should have players who act Professional in and out of the game. Players who add nothing but negative reputation to an organization should not be a part of said organization. nothing more to say.

Cheese said he would post a "what really happened" blog, but nothing really happened other than he showing his true colors for money. He tried so hard to make Fatal win, and in the end it's even more funny because Cheese left with NO money.

LOL. overall though it was a **** weekend.

edit:
to add on, i have nothing against Cheese, Chibo, or anyone from vVv for that matter. I don't hate anybody, but rather choose how i associate and communicate with people based on their past actions.

Pierce7d

Wise Hermit
3DS FC
1993-9028-0439
Aww, I didn't think it was Ksizzle, but that was an awesome troll, that could've been going for YEARS.

Also, I'm surprised people still don't realize who it is.

LMAO @ GUNBLADE. <3 Kelvin

Claire Diviner

President
NNID
ClaireDiviner
If the new guy (me) may say something:

A huge fight over money is quite petty in hindsight. Also, when you look at it, $6000 isn't a whole lot in this day an age.

It is Ally's money to do whatever he wishes. I know this has been said before, but sometimes things must be repeated. Just because one decides to help anyone (Ally, in this case) does not obligate said person to repay the favor.

The way I see it, even though there's money to be won, I'm sure the main point of tourneys is to just have fun and commute without having to care about money. I'm sure whatever share you (Chibo) would have gotten could be made in a month from work with enough saving.

I know it isn't my place to say so, but to get so worked up over money that really isn't yours is pretty pointless. If money really is that important to you, just try harder to win the next MLG... that, or do what I plan to do (hopefully) soon: invest.

Come on, Chibo, surely you can just move on without having to hold grudges over something that isn't going to affect your life.

Well, I said my "two cents". Whether people agree with me or not is all them. I just hope this whole thing is but a phase that will blow over.

Toronto Joe

Smash Master
if chibo and cheese wanna talk about ***** moves and ****ing people over..how about the fact that almost NOONE knew about this tourney except for the select few of you that kept it to yourselves to give you a better shot at qualifying...glad you ended up with 0$ hahahah

Ripple

ᗣᗣᗣᗣ ᗧ·····•·····
it really seems as though chibo thought he was entitled to money

Coney

Smash Master
Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 43 (34 members and 9 guests)
coney, mikeHAZE, _umbra_, ZombieSwarm, Ripple, So Fatal, Iliad, Toronto Joe, greatness_007, TheTantalus, da K.I.D., Hey_its_YO, swordgard, Razmakazi, Thunderhorse+, TwentyTwo, Illmatic.+, southpaw, ChaosKnight, SnackAttack, blackanese, Twilight Prince, King~, SilverDoc~, KageMurphy, itsthebigfoot, BigLøu, vVv ChiboSempai, D1, Tin Man

IT'S A TUESDAY, GUYS

TheTantalus

Smash Hero
Fatal you could always just not read the thread lol

This is fun for the spectators, let some people thrive on drama and make news out of it. It'll make for great stories at nationals.

Claire Diviner

President
NNID
ClaireDiviner
I suppose this thread became a soap opera for the smashers. XD

I'm still no fan of drama, and believe this whole thing should have never happened. Oh well... I guess.

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
The most unbalanced thing I see in this bracket is the fact that YOU are in it twice, which is the most ludicrous thing I've ever heard of. Entered twice into an EIGHT PERSON BRACKET. ROFL, stacked in all types of new ways. That's Vegas for you :p
You were allowed to be in the finals 3 times, and MGC was very vocal about this. I took advantage of it and won more qualifiers. Everyone else was welcome to. I actually had 3 spots in the final bracket but forfeited to Fatal's only spot so he could make it to Vegas. And in all splits I only got one part, not two obviously.

Good evidence. Why didn't you bring this up with this Blake guy AGES ago though?
We did, actually well I didn't. It was brought up by others. Sometimes MGC was a little iffy on responding well with emails, but nothing ever came from it other than "we're looking into this." They did know though.

You had an equal chance to earn the money already. In fact, you had 2x greater chance than anyone else.
With that split no. Equal change would be paying out to top x placements, not paying specific ppl regardless of placement.

They perceive him as a threat, he perceives them as a threat, they work out an agreement. They didn't perceive you as a threat, and considering your placings, I can't say I don't see why.
Except lol I beat Haze.

okay, you did a lot for Ally. I admit that. Even if he hated your guts, he still has a lot to be grateful. Just because people are abundant in favors to a person, doesn't mean that person should not be abundant in gratitude.
I didn't want money from Ally, I wanted to be treated as a friend. Alienated from the group saying I don't deserve money, he withdrew the deal with me he prompted, etc.

If payouts weren't changed and not split alienating ppl I'd have no problem.

Why does Haze deserve money over me? Why does Lee deserve MUCH more money than Fatal?

And god, the Mikehaze plane ticket buying deal was real UNTIL MIKEHAZE WAS ACTUALLY SPLITTING WITH US, WHY IN THE HELL WOULD I SPLIT WITH MIKE, THEN GIVE CHIBO A PLANE TICKET FOR BEATING SOMEONE WHO WAS ALREADY SPLITTING WITH ME REGARDLESS OF WHAT PLACE I GET. WTH IS THIS LOGIC?
What does splitting with Mike have to do with me and Xzax?

Ripple

ᗣᗣᗣᗣ ᗧ·····•·····
LET'S GET EVERYONE IN HERE!!!!

Ripple, -Chad-, -Dourin-x-, 0Dozzer0, 2ch User, 2link121, 4nace, 8BitRevolver, a nub, A-Laon, Akon, AlphaZealot, AmcD, AMKalmar, AOB, arch knight, Arty, Asa, Asdioh+, Ausp, Ava john, AyatoK26, B0x, BacklashMarth, Bacon Isai, Ben-Teezee, Berserker Swordsman, BetaBahamut, Blaziking17, BluB, booshk, boss8, BPx, brickbox, BuntyBant, Carroll, Cello_Marl, chansen, ChaosKnight, chaosmaster1991, ChocoNaner, CloudChaser071, CloverLeaf, Col. Stauffenberg, coney, Cook, Crash02, Cubone, Curlz, Cynan Machae, da K.I.D., daisho, dandan, Dark.Pch, Darkshooter, Dark_Ermac, deathbysuarez, Deathfox30, Diakonos, Dinner, dkuo, DMG, Dragonrage, ds22, duyzee, Elletrico, Engdrew, ESOJOSE, Fat_K, felipe_9595, Fernandez, Forsworn, fZk, Gaia_x, Gammelnorsk, Gantz ak-47, Gastón, GawdImFoxy, genkaku, Gichan, GLICH, God-is-my-Rock, Goldenadept, gooftroop13, greatness_007, Griffard, Hara, Hey_its_YO, HollaAtchaBoy, Homelessvagrant, HondaFoo, hotgarbage, Hot_ArmS, HugS™, HyL!, Hylian, ihavespaceballs, Iliad, Illmatic., Inui, iRJi, iTz.KiLLa, Jage, Jaklub, Jayford, jber4life, JCaesar, JNig, justaway12, justice, Juushichi, JWT2k6, KageMurphy, Kappy, Keitaro, King Funk, KirbyKaze, Krackshot Kroc, Krautrock, Krystedez, Kuares, KumaOso, KyloWinter, Laem, LauLau, leffen, LightsOutAce, Liquid-117, Lobos, LoliLovesRain, LoOshKiN, Lord Chair, LozanoGarbanzo, M0nkUn1t, Maaaaaaaaaan, maaple, MaSHi, MasterRaichu, MattDotZeb, Max Falcon, meleemaster500, Meleeruler, Melomaniacal, Meno, Micklem, mikeHAZE, MikeKirby, Mind Trick, Monkley6, mr yo, Mr-R, MT_, Nasty_Nate, nealdt, NeverKnowsBest, NickRiddle, NoID, Omegapaste, OMG H4X, Oro?!, Pakman, Patinator, PentaSalia, Pharaoh.DsY Kyon, Pierce7d, Pikachu :3, Plairnkk, Player-4, POONR, prog, Pyronic_Star, Quetzalcoatl, Radium88, Raider 88, Raihje, Randy McRanderson, Ranmaru, RATED, Razmakazi, Red X, Resolve, RiKu.757, Rizul, RjPunch, Robfox, Rockettrainer, Rockin, runningbrave, rvkevin, Semifer, shanus, Shears, Shimazu, ShippoFoxFire, Shun Goku Satsu, Silly Kyle, SilverDoc~, Sinnova, SleepyK, SM3EsH, SnackAttack, SNG, So Fatal, soldiviner, SonicMaster5, southpaw, SOVAman, Spam_arrows, Staco, standardtoaster, Staz, Stevo, strawhats, Sudai, SUNG475, Surreal, SuSa, Sushi-Man, Sveet, Swagga $u$, Swiss, swordgard, Sybawave, takieddine, Tamoo, Teczero, Tewx2, the king of murder, TheBuzzSaw, TheKiest, TheOgbot, theONEjanitor, TheReflexWonder, TheTantalus, ThreeX, Thunderhorse+, TigerWoods, TKbrO, tko112, Tmacc, toasTBacon, tofer_booboo, Tommy_G, Toronto Joe, trahhSTEEZY, TravisT, tsl, TwentyTwo, udikq, Umby, Utto, Venusaur Trainer, VibeSlyph, VideoKidHEERO, Violence, Volcanic Doomfire, Vurkyzo21, vVv Denyce, vZakat, WestBallz, X17the17th, XenoStar, Xposure, Yeroc, Yikarur, Yink+, Z-block, Zephyrkaiser, ZeroUnderOne, Zero_Gamer, Zeru Barton, Zigsta, Zinayzen, Zinth, ZIO, ZombieSwarm, _Kadaj_, _umbra_, ~N9NE~, §chizm, Ørn, Øte

Toneh

Smash Lord