• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Mii Swordfighter Social: Guide Hype

Antonykun

Hero of Many Faces
3DS FC
1049-0472-0051
so um
  1. what does the underlined portion mean
  2. why do you use anime to describe yourself
  3. pls stop
3rd page hype!
1/2. It just so happened Tsundere best describes someone who flip flops between really mean and really nice
3. nuuuu

san.

1/Sympathy = Divide By Zero
NNID
Sansoldier
3DS FC
4957-2846-2924
Some would call that bipolar.

I never thought I'd say it, but I actually got into light novels a bit. They're like comics without the images.

Also, I think I generally got my mii swordsman to around the same level as my other characters. I just have to learn what options I have to adapt to certain playstyles and see what tactics are viable at mid-high levels.

Unknownkid

Smash Lord
Yeah Light Novels are good. Which ones are you reading or finish reading?

Around the same level as your other characters? Oh I have to see this. Are you going to do a Swordman Ex like the Gunner Exhibition Video?

How do you think Swordspider's viability would be affected if he was restricted to default height and weight? I know it affects miscellaneous autocancels (probably the biggest change in mobility for the Mii Fighters IMO).
He is doable in Default Height and Weight ("more" range for less mobility and more ending lag) but like all miis, they go up a rank or two when using their optimal size. Puffster did state that EVO size Swordfighter is sort of mid tier status but Trela did use Default to win a tournament before the patch (I know. We need to stop abusing this claim) and mention he prefer Default Swordfighter. So take that as you will...

Burgundy

kick kick
NNID
SuperSableye24
3DS FC
5456-0591-6968
I was using Default Sword Mii for a while, but I just switched to 1/4 height and I prefer it much more. Though for Brawler and Gunner I use the default sizes.

Antonykun

Hero of Many Faces
3DS FC
1049-0472-0051
Some would call that bipolar.

I never thought I'd say it, but I actually got into light novels a bit. They're like comics without the images.

Also, I think I generally got my mii swordsman to around the same level as my other characters. I just have to learn what options I have to adapt to certain playstyles and see what tactics are viable at mid-high levels.
but san what sounds less like i have a mental disorder (granted i think way too many tsunderes have a mental disorder)

I was using Default Sword Mii for a while, but I just switched to 1/4 height and I prefer it much more. Though for Brawler and Gunner I use the default sizes.
EVO swordspider is too good.

Trieste SP

Smash Champion
Mine is just like yours. When you play too many characters certain MUs get harder for some reason.

Antonykun

Hero of Many Faces
3DS FC
1049-0472-0051
Mine is just like yours. When you play too many characters certain MUs get harder for some reason.
That's mostly why I mostly have a core of Villager/Pikachu/Swordfighter anything more that's for a long period of time is just confusing

san.

NNID
Sansoldier
3DS FC
4957-2846-2924

Around the same level as your other characters? Oh I have to see this. Are you going to do a Swordman Ex like the Gunner Exhibition Video?

He is doable in Default Height and Weight ("more" range for less mobility and more ending lag) but like all miis, they go up a rank or two when using their optimal size. Puffster did state that EVO size Swordfighter is sort of mid tier status but Trela did use Default to win a tournament before the patch (I know. We need to stop abusing this claim) and mention he prefer Default Swordfighter. So take that as you will...
At most, I can only make a list of combos/strings. It will take some time for me to iron out what movement options are optimal and what isn't. Swordfighters's run->turnaround slide being one of the longest in the game is a boost. Having one of the best walking speeds and acceleration also helps.

Random assortment of things I've been looking at.

Kills:
Jab1 combos into upB (and other stuff) on floaties
Jab2 combos into upB (and other stuff) on non-fastfallers
Utilt combos into uair
A close dtilt combos into uair for the smaller miis
Dthrow can combo into uair. I tested DI and you can dash + double jump and reach them if they DI away on 1/4 mii. smallest should be easier.
Sourspot uair combos into another uair for a fairly long %
Fsmash, Run into grounded hero's spin, and surprisingly usmash are decent punishes (as well as walk->combo setups and dash grab of course). Usmash is strong and you can just dash into it (don't try it as antiair unles they're landing right into you). Fsmash is good out of a normal pivot because of its massive range (greater than Ike's/Marth's at 1/4 height). Fsmash deals most damage at max range.
Ftilt kills at very high %, ~140ish on midweights
High percent 1st/2nd hit of landing fair may lead into upB or other attacks
Moving forward in the air + gale strike at mid range can combo opponents into uair at all %

At low percents:

Landing nair combos into dash attack
jab1(floaties)/2(non fastfallers) can lead into dtilt. It may string into another jab, utilt, or grab
A little above 0, a landing bair can lead into dash attack
Dtilt can lead into a bunch of things: another dtilt, dash grab, dash attack, fair, nair and uair (a little above 0), etc
Dthrow: Fair(and a second fair on smallest mii), uair, bair, and dair. 0% dthrow into dair at the edge may have gimping potential depending on if it's possible to DI out.
Back end of utilt into dtilt or jab1/grab a little above 0. I wouldn't recommend using more utilts until 20-30ish %
Gale strike combos.

Mid %
Dtilt still combos into stuff. Easier to combo into uair, nair, and fair
Nair, especially the backwards hit may still lead to dash attack, it depends on rage.
Utilt starts comboing into itself, then later into uair/bair. I still prefer utilt->jab1+2->grab or dtilt into uair since that's a good 30% easy
At mid rage, you can try fancy things like jab1+2 into reverse utilt
1st/2nd hit of fair may lead to grab or dtilt if you have decent rage as well if your opponent is on the lighter side of floatiness
Gale strike combos

For strings, the quick draw side B puts you in favorable positions. Dash attack does as well.

That's all I have on combos. A lot of jab1s, dtilts, utilts, and walking (dtilt gets a moderate range boost when walking). Most of the airs combo into something if you can hit with them. Bair actually has the lowest end lag in the air and generous autocancel frames, so you throw this attack out to miss, then land as soon as you can into the more powerful ground options. In the air, fair has surprisingly low endlag, so fair, uair (especially uair), and bair are pretty spammable. Combine that with gale strike, dair, sometimes nair, and hero's spin, and mii swordsman is capable of some damaging edgeguarding. If an opponent is touched by gale strike, even a weak hit may combo into dair if you took initiative. Ledge release bair can actually hit some characters during ledge vulnerability as well.

As far as BnB goes, definitely the tilts (minus ftilt), jab cancels, and grabs. Outside of uair and maybe nair, the aerials seem specialized more towards airborne opponents. I wouldn't try to hit someone with a landing bair for instance unless it was punishing endlag, and would instead do short hop bair into an autocancelled fastfall or double jump. Dash attack, quick draw side B, and power thrust have good range even at the smallest size and can pressure opponents. Quick draw side B is surprisingly decent in the air since the extra distance makes it less punishable and has decent rewards for followups.

Marrow

Speak softly and carry a Thick Club
3DS FC
1993-9950-1450
Hey fellow Mii fighters, could I ask a favor? I'm trying to set up my 3DS with EVO's standard custom moves, but I've run into a little problem. Swordfighter/Gunner miis require 1/4 height. Since this can only be done on the Wii U due to the more intricate height/weight sliders, and I don't have a Wii U, I can't accurately get the full list. So, would I be able to get a QR with the specific height requirement from anyone? I'd prefer if copying was allowed, so the face didn't have to be the generic one(s), but it's not necessary.

Trieste SP

Smash Champion
Hey fellow Mii fighters, could I ask a favor? I'm trying to set up my 3DS with EVO's standard custom moves, but I've run into a little problem. Swordfighter/Gunner miis require 1/4 height. Since this can only be done on the Wii U due to the more intricate height/weight sliders, and I don't have a Wii U, I can't accurately get the full list. So, would I be able to get a QR with the specific height requirement from anyone? I'd prefer if copying was allowed, so the face didn't have to be the generic one(s), but it's not necessary.
They are here

san.

NNID
Sansoldier
3DS FC
4957-2846-2924
QR codes are listed in the OP:
http://smashboards.com/threads/official-custom-moveset-project-summer-2015-edition-evo-sets.395721/

edit: ninjad!

Last edited:

Antonykun

Hero of Many Faces
3DS FC
1049-0472-0051
Dang I was trying to find it and got double greninja'd

ItsMeBrandon

Smash Journeyman
NNID
HumanMaleBrandon
A social for the Mii Swordfighter, and we already have running gags?

This is going to be a fun thread. :4miisword:

Burgundy

kick kick
NNID
SuperSableye24
3DS FC
5456-0591-6968
We've already hit 101 posts. Oh look at us go~

ItsMeBrandon

Smash Journeyman
NNID
HumanMaleBrandon
So what does that make our goal?
I may or may not support a "become Zelda social" goal, but I'll definitely support a "spread the butter word on butter knife swordfighter" goal.

Unknownkid

Smash Lord
The goal is to socialize and spread the butter knife spider fun. Leave the sass to the gorls on the other side.

I was never really bent on the whole "Zelda social" thing. We're just here to spread butter on Smashboards with our knives ;)

Antonykun

Hero of Many Faces
3DS FC
1049-0472-0051
for now our goal is to give somewhere for the Swordspiders and Swordspider supporters to talk without having to be directly about spreading butter on falco's bread

GS3K

Smash Ace
NNID
Gamestar3000
What if you can't believe it's not butter?

What if you feel like spreading peanut butter instead, isn't that what a butterknife is used for?

What if a spider has a butterknife pointed at you and demands all your butter and butter substitutes?

Unknownkid

Smash Lord
What if you can't believe it's not butter? Perfect line when you hit someone with BFS's Fsmash at maximum range.
What if you feel like spreading peanut butter instead, isn't that what a butterknife is used for? When you kill someone with BFS's dair. Feels good man!
What if a spider has a butterknife pointed at you and demands all your butter and butter substitutes? Then take out your butter knife and duel that dirty arachnid to submission. If you win, you are the true Sword Spider - King of Butter Knife. If you lose, well... switch to Diddy and try again.

Last edited:

san.

NNID
Sansoldier
3DS FC
4957-2846-2924
Wanna make a chef swordsman but I don't want that hat to throw me off.

Antonykun

Hero of Many Faces
3DS FC
1049-0472-0051
I realized recently that up throw to up air will never work on a competent player

Unknownkid

Smash Lord
Wanna make a chef swordsman but I don't want that hat to throw me off.
Do it anyways. When you enter tournaments, use the tag line "ButterFace" with Ugly Zelda Mii to add icing to the cake.

Okay.... I having too much fun here. This is an awesome thread.

Antonykun

Hero of Many Faces
3DS FC
1049-0472-0051
imma ask here should we have weekly discussions over on the MU thread?

ItsMeBrandon

Smash Journeyman
NNID
HumanMaleBrandon
I haven't been looking so much into match-ups with Swordfighter, so I don't know how you guys look at things, especially given we can't use Miis in general online matches.

I could contribute, but pretty much only if fights against CPUs count at all. If not, then I probably can't.
I don't really do competitive stuff anyway...

Burgundy

kick kick
NNID
SuperSableye24
3DS FC
5456-0591-6968
I'd help, but I'm not very good at analyzing match-ups. :/

Antonykun

Hero of Many Faces
3DS FC
1049-0472-0051
well if nothing else getting other threads to contribute to the discussion will get more people interested in Swordfighteer and we'll spread the butter of knowledge with our swords :3.
Alright starting tomorrow we'll do a weekly discussion between three characters or so. Any specific characters or should i just go in order?

Burgundy

kick kick
NNID
SuperSableye24
3DS FC
5456-0591-6968
I think I can at least try to help. Maybe we should start with the higher tiers first? Maybe Fox/Sheik.

san.

NNID
Sansoldier
3DS FC
4957-2846-2924

Just the fun/easy ones: Re: Monster, Shield bro, legendary moonlight sculptor, Ark, Arifureta (bad but why do I keep reading it..), and Zhan Long. I want to get into wuxia novels but I'm a little intimidated by them since there's so much to read vs. reading the daily/weekly update.

Default height/weight plays like a heavy without the weight, which is not that great. Default height and min weight is much more decent though. Trela made me realize how good fsmash was with a decent read. Fsmash range is legit scary.

Last edited:
Top Bottom