• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Mii's not to be used in Online play

Deoxys911

Laughs and Logic
NNID
Deoxys911
Mii's can choose 4/12 special moves, so opponents never know what moves they are up against.
Palutena confirmed un-usable in "With Anyone."

But really, if a bunch of other games (and Miiverse) allow you to showcase your Mii(s) online with people you don't know and Palutena is available in all online modes even though she apparently has a fully customizable moveset just like Mii Fighters, why exactly are Miis banned from anonymous online matches? Not to mention the fact that there is going to be a system in place to report inappropriate conduct, which could easily be used to take care of offensive Miis. On top of all of that, wouldn't it be fairly easy for Miis to just appear as their defaults on your anonymous opponents' screens but retain its customized look on the player using it's? Doesn't seem like all that challenging of a programming task, especially not for games with such a huge development team. I really feel like they just copped out here, which is very uncharacteristic. That being said, I have to agree that on the bright side at least this will keep random online matches looking more interesting.

Second Power

Smash Ace
3DS FC
0774-5502-4430
I don't see Sakurai, who's logic is to have as many players be able to enjoy the game, would force players to customize a Mii before fighting as one. It's the same logic as the default Miis that can be used and never deleted.
I'd imagine those would be sample Miis, and would be about as significant as the sample custom stages.

Last edited:

NekuShikazu

Smash Journeyman
I hope the default Miis are playable, since I trust Sakurai's balancing. But I am completely fine with this since friends you play with are forced to know what moves are available to punish them for mistakes.

Xigger

Smash Lord
I'd imagine those would be sample Miis, and would be about as significant as the sample custom stages.
Yes, those are in fact sample Miis, and they are as significant as sample custom stages S M and L. (small medium and large)

Except characters are more significant than stages.

Vann Accessible

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2208-6640-6360
Mii's feel TERRIBLY out of place in Smash, and I would hate for the game to suddenly be all about them.
Doesn't every character in Smash Bros feel out of place the first time you see them? Isn't that the point?

I'm disappointed at the lack of Miis in online, but oh well. If the move customization is the reason we won't be playing them online, I wonder if Palutena won't be allowed either.

Last edited:

Second Power

Smash Ace
3DS FC
0774-5502-4430
Yes, those are in fact sample Miis, and they are as significant as sample custom stages S M and L. (small medium and large)

Except characters are more significant than stages.
Yeah, since characters are more significant than stages, wouldn't people be more inclined to customize them rather than trying/sticking to the sample ones?

freeman123

Smash Lord
NNID
josephf5
Yea, the reason is mostly because of the immature people who will make Hitler Mii's and inappropriate things like that
That doesn't stop them from allowing Miis online in Mario Kart and various other games. I think that this is a really stupid decision.

Zzuxon

Smash Champion
NNID
zzuxon
3DS FC
3695-0453-0481
This is a really awful solution to the problem of genital faced miis. Miis have their own moveset. What if you main a Mii?
A far better solution would be to restrict you to default miis with anyone.

Xigger

Smash Lord
Yeah, since characters are more significant than stages, wouldn't people be more inclined to customize them rather than trying/sticking to the sample ones?
Yes, but you shouldn't assume that every player will want to customize Miis. Take for example, people who want to play a quick match, whether they're big fans or not. Sometimes, people will just want to play and not want to customize.

These are opinions, but as I mentioned before, Sakurai's philosophy is to have as many players be able to enjoy the game, not force players into a single option. Thus, that is what we should expect.

Rockaphin

Smash Champion
NNID
Rockaphin
3DS FC
2595-0113-8473
I'm not the biggest Mii supporter but I think this is VERY unfair.

Top Bottom