• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Miiverse Daily Pic Thread: 2nd Edition (Updated 9/19)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zero Suit Wario

Smash Ace
NNID
Candytechnics
3DS FC
4081-6017-8838
Switch FC
SW 3576 5099 8787
But.. but.. the first two female villagers were so cute. ;-;
The new guys are just as good though.

Wyoming

Connery, Sean
Switch FC
7748-5364-3982
The costumes/colors have been really amazing so far. Now we just need great Jigglypuff hats! :yeahboi:

DraginHikari

Emerald Star Legacy
NNID
Draginhikari
3DS FC
4940-5455-2427
Switch FC
SW-7120-1891-0342
I always dig more palette options. Eight per character is a pretty nice selection.

Shariq

Smash Journeyman
So all Samus gets is palette swaps. No alternate costumes? Oh well. The colors look really cool though.

silvR1995

Smash Journeyman
NNID
silvRboLt1995
3DS FC
0834-0571-4339
Sakurai, STAHP.
I DON'T HAVE THE MONEY TO IMPORT ANYTHING.​

I wonder what kind of costumes my buddy :4pikachu: will have.

Morbi

Scavenger
I'm thinking about making Samus one of my mains just for that sexy Dark Samus alt.
Right? That alternative costume turns me on A LOT more than Samus in shorts.

But seriously, the Dark Samus reveal bothered me as I thought that we would not get a Dark Samus palette swap, glad I was wrong.

Jords2Good

Smash Journeyman
This is a pretty cool update. I'm guessing though sakurai ain't gonna reveal stuff before Japan release date because we got so little pic of the days left and we are still getting tidbits. Idk maybe when the closed event was about all the characters that was left to be revealed.

D

Deleted member

Sweet, this means memories of the 8 Kirbies from Air Ride can flow bac-

....damn. Forgot that Kirby had a weird....sort of maskless Meta Knight sort of Fighters Shadow Kirby palette that's pretty much in place of Purple.

...but I can at least have Brown?

gamer8

Smash Lord
So I can imagine Yoshi getting only palette swaps like Samus, just how many Yoshi colors are there? I hope black and white appear in the game.

JUr

Smash Journeyman
NNID
JorgeUr
3DS FC
4957-3388-8097
I'm gonna be totally honest here, but those Villager customs look... ugly. Anyone agree with me?
I like the customs, they still have the cute/psycho look that made the magic of Villager :grin:

For example, the blue male one with the stick and purple eyelids it's practically screaming"wrong neighborhood fella"

Boofer

Smash Ace
This is nice. I'm especially liking the white Samus suit and Dark Samus.I'm sure the Fusion suit will look sick as well.

About the Ninka leak: Isn't that the leak the metioned a particular bike riding fellow making an appearance as a playable, or am I mistaken?

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
The Dark Samus one is beyond radical. Sakurai dun goofed btw, the pink Samus is the Varia Suit from Metroid 1, not the Gravity Suit from Super Metroid.

Ninka already told us we'd get 8 palettes, so no surprise here. Bring on the Puff hats!

Last edited:

Neo Zero

Banned via Administration
Remember guys, I still have my shot with the Bayonetta trailer. It's not over yet....^^;
"I suppose ill get my warning another day..."

No you'll get it today :troll:

i leave you at IsmaRs mercy

Dark Samus alt, where have you been all my life.

silvR1995

Smash Journeyman
NNID
silvRboLt1995
3DS FC
0834-0571-4339
So I can imagine Yoshi getting only palette swaps like Samus, just how many Yoshi colors are there? I hope black and white appear in the game.
I just don't want 2 blues like what we got in both Melee and Brawl.

gamer8

Smash Lord
I just don't want 2 blues like what we got in both Melee and Brawl.
Yeah I googled it and there's a Purple and Orange one as well, it'd be nice if they put one of those in instead of light blue. It's too bad we can't get every Yoshi color, we'd only be two short.

Nikes

Smash Lord
NNID
AussieYoshi
No power suit for Samus :c
I never really acknowledged Samus's pink palette in smash to be the Super Metroid gravity suit, it did have a pink tint in the game but was still purple as opposed to this.

Nintendotard

Smash Lord
NNID
Mariotard
I think it's safe to assume that any character with an alt, whether it be an gender alt or legit alternate costume like Mac, Zamus, and Shulk, will still only get 8 costumes. Either 4 and 4 or have 7 colors and the last be their alt (or in Zamus' s case, last 2)

MrSirSteven

Smash Journeyman
Well at least this week isn't about god dam Menus, this makes a lot of people happy but I can't believe how nice that Dark Samus Color is. Going to be using that every time I use her.

Hayzie

Smash Lord
NNID
Hayzie
3DS FC
5000-3322-4068
I love the Dark Samus. Now I know why the Assist Trophy looked like poop.

Would have preferred the actual Fusion Suit, but s'ok.

Nintendotard

Smash Lord
NNID
Mariotard

If Rosalina gets a cosmic spirit recolor I will be overjoyed

It seems like the go all out on the last color or last 2

Ehn Jolly

Smash Journeyman
I'm seriously hoping every character has at least one true alt, like Wireframe Mac. While I like the recolors (I'd honestly say Villager has 7 alts), I'd like at least one 'different outfit for everyone. But for me, Dark Samus counts in the same way that Dark Link did.

Baskerville

That's a paddlin'
NNID
RedGazelle7
3DS FC
4184-3881-5805
Light and Dark Samus inspired colours.
All of my satisfaction.

MasteRMerF

Smash Journeyman
NNID
MasteRMerF
3DS FC
5000-2607-1297
Honestly, this is one of my favorite updates, for I am one of those people that holds up a match deciding which palette I want. AMIRITE GUYS?
Amirite? Guys?
No one?
Okay...

tsvlink25

Smash Apprentice
NNID
tsvlink25
3DS FC
1719-3628-9238
Wow, I love this PotD! (Mostly because I was asking for a post about alternate costumes/palette swaps yesterday!)
I love the various outfits that Samus has--While I would say the same of the new villagers, their half-closed eyes strike me as slightly creepy, in the picture at least.

Nonetheless, a satisfying, and great Pic of the Day!

Jords2Good

Smash Journeyman
I'd be surprised if we don't get ms pacman and giving him that brown hat he wears.

Would classic sonic work good for an alt or recolor?

Last edited:

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
Heck yeah, I knew they were going to bring it back but it's nice to see Fusion and Dark Suit Samus Palettes back again. I used those two a lot, can't wait to play as her in those palettes again, along with the new Dark Samus and good old purple Gravity Suit. The Light suit looks pretty sweet as well.

Nice to see even more Villager alts. too.

Last edited:

PK_Wonder

Smash Lord
I was wrong, I couldn't sleep guys. Dark Samus and Light Suit are legit. I can't decide which I prefer. I can't wait to see the rest of them. The female Villagers are ugly, but Male #4 Shirt is similar to my own Villager, so I am pleased. They made iconic T-shirt choices at least.

All three pics in one easy image:

nuclearneo577

Smash Journeyman
Now I'm wondering if you'll have to unlock any of the colors this time around, I mean, this is a Namco fighting game after all.

MewtwoMaster2002

ミュウツーマスター2002
3DS FC
2922-0496-2962
I'd prefer if Fusion, Light, and Dark Suit are actual alternate costumes. Dark Samus colors should stay as alternate colors though. Villager on left is trying to steal Ness' spot. I'm guessing Dark Pit will just have inverse colors of regular Pit's colors...or they have the same colors, but there are minor differences such as his eyes and hair being a bit darker and difference in expression and voice.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom