• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Miiverse Daily Pic Thread: 2nd Edition (Updated 9/19)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hayzie

Smash Lord
NNID
Hayzie
3DS FC
5000-3322-4068
Now I can specualte! Original Super Mario Bros. white Fire Flower colors please. And Orange on Orange Mario Bros. 3 suit.

mygamecube

Smash Lord
NNID
mygamecube
3DS FC
4596-9526-5701

Seriously look at this ****. This is something that would jump scare you in Five Nights at Freddy's

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043
"Pic of the day. Until now, you were only able to choose from four, or sometimes five or six colors for each character. This time, though, all characters have eight colors to choose from! The first four color schemes for Samus are based off her Varia Suit, Fusion Suit, Gravity Suit from Super Metroid, and the Dark Suit."

"…And here she is in the color schemes of the Gravity Suit from Metroid Prime, Green Samus (a regular in the Smash series), the Light Suit, and Dark Samus. A total of eight colors."
Sweet mother of gingersnaps, ALL characters have 8 colors now!?

IwannaseeSonic'sIwannaseeSonic'sIwannaseeSonic'sIwannaseeSonic's

Yet another fantastic post for the night! Way to go, Mashpotato Samurai.

tsvlink25

Smash Apprentice
NNID
tsvlink25
3DS FC
1719-3628-9238
Now I'm wondering if you'll have to unlock any of the colors this time around, I mean, this is a Namco fighting game after all.
Colors, I'm not so sure, but perhaps special alts? Such as the NES Golf Mario, (if we get it) Cosmic Spirit Rosalina, and etc may be unlockable.

I'm really excited by the fact that Sakurai set aside a PotD for alt costumes/palette swaps. This confirmation makes me really excited to see what sort of wonders we'll get in costumes for certain characters..
I'm starting to have no doubt in my mind that :4robinm::4robinf: will get the Grandmaster class outfit, and :4lucina: will get the Great Lord class outfit.

nuclearneo577

Smash Journeyman

Sonic will have 8 costumes where he's in slightly different shades of blue again like in Brawl.

s07195

Smash Cadet
Switch FC
SW 4502 0980 9128
Dat Fusion Suit though. The lack of hype in recent weeks is real, too. Guess yesterday's potd wasn't enough. :(

Demon-oni

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Thanatos-Demon
3DS FC
0147-1152-7184
Back. So Speed was wrong huh? So where is his body to be hanged again?

Back to topic, nice to see the Ninka link getting affirmed more. Didn't that leak also state something about Mewtwo/Ridley, or was that another one?

NNID
Nightdazer
3DS FC
0731-4784-1465
Back. So Speed was wrong huh? So where is his body to be hanged again?

Back to topic, nice to see the Ninka link getting affirmed more. Didn't that leak also state something about Mewtwo/Ridley, or was that another one?
Mewtwo and Ridley were linked to that leak after it was posted. By a different person.

Last edited:

Shroob

Sup?

Well, if that one leak is to be believed, 4 are straight up Metal Sonic.

Rebellious Treecko

Smash Hero
Sorta off-topic, but for those who like Brawl hacking, there's a program called cBliss that lets you have more than 6 colors (or alts, rather) for characters. The max so far is 10.

Oh, and the Pokemon better have shiny colorations this time. Looking at you, Lucario and Charizard.

----

Last edited:

tsvlink25

Smash Apprentice
NNID
tsvlink25
3DS FC
1719-3628-9238
Hm...I wonder why we stopped receiving "Song of the Days," as my friend called them. I quite liked getting new music samples every few updates--shame that stopped.

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043
Sonic will have 8 costumes where he's in slightly different shades of blue again like in Brawl.
From one purple dragon to another, stop crushing my hopes and dreams, man. ¦(

Well, if that one leak is to be believed, 4 are straight up Metal Sonic.
Uh, what?

Eh, I'd totally be okay with that, actually.

MewtwoMaster2002

ミュウツーマスター2002
3DS FC
2922-0496-2962
I can't wait to see Pikachu and Jigglypuff's new hats. Lucario and Charizard definitely need their shiny colors...Greninja also needs his real shiny color and not just partially influenced by it.

Shroob

Sup?
From one purple dragon to another, stop crushing my hopes and dreams, man. ¦(

Uh, what?

Eh, I'd totally be okay with that, actually.
Considering today's pic more or less confirms Alph as an Olimar alt and the Koopalings as Bowser Jr's, there's that video floating around out there of Sonic's alts being Metal Sonic.

Wyoming

Connery, Sean
Switch FC
7748-5364-3982
Captain Falcon

You better have a costume based on Phoenix right now. Or Beastman. Or your GX outfit. Or Fabulous Falcon. Or Blood Falcon.

Last edited:

nuclearneo577

Smash Journeyman
Colors, I'm not so sure, but perhaps special alts? Such as the NES Golf Mario, (if we get it) Cosmic Spirit Rosalina, and etc may be unlockable.

I'm really excited by the fact that Sakurai set aside a PotD for alt costumes/palette swaps. This confirmation makes me really excited to see what sort of wonders we'll get in costumes for certain characters..
I'm starting to have no doubt in my mind that :4robinm::4robinf: will get the Grandmaster class outfit, and :4lucina: will get the Great Lord class outfit.
Well, they are all going to be switched out like colors according to one of the leaks, but having to unlock colors for some characters and not for others just seems a bit odd. If anything we'll start with them all, I mainly say that because I don't remember seeing anything related to costumes for non-Miis in anything about unlockables before.

Last edited:

tsvlink25

Smash Apprentice
NNID
tsvlink25
3DS FC
1719-3628-9238
Well, they are all going to be switched out like colors according to one of the leaks, but having to unlock colors for some characters and not for others just seems a bit odd. If anything we'll start with them all, I main;y say that because I don't remember seeing anything related to costumes for non-Miis in anything about unlockables before.
Hm, that's true--you're probably right.

MewtwoX825

Smash Ace
Somthing related to this, but does the leaked shulk video mean that Team Battles are no longer limited to RBG pallets, meaning you can now use any color regardless what the team color is?

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
By the way, if Jigglypuff doesn't get her bandana back now that we have 8 costumes I'm gonna cry myself to sleep. They could make it gray in memory of Snake.

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
FINALLY! Costumes after so long! And I guess that thing was true about 8 costumes, I must know what they have in store for Pit and Palutena! Maybe Pit having his tunic rolled up to resemble how he looked in Chapter 22?

And Pika (who only had 4 costumes this whole time).

Last edited:
Really? When was it confirmed officially?
It was on May 22nd's PotD - "In previous games in the series, if you chose the red team in a team battle, your Mario would have been red. But now you can choose any color you want! The color outlining the characters will show their team affiliation."

Last edited:

Demon-oni

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Thanatos-Demon
3DS FC
0147-1152-7184
Long time ago. Like, probably before E3 long time ago. Your outline becomes the color of your team. At least in the 3ds version. Don't know about WiiU

Edit: :4greninja:'d

Last edited:

New_Dumal

Smash Lord
NNID
NewTouchdown
Only nine PotD before japanese release.
I'll miss this little pieces of information, even when we were trolled with Luigi's nose.

MechaWave

Smash Champion
Very excited about this. I can't wait to see Pikachu's (who only ever had 4 in previous games), Jigglypuff's (crown, bandana & more plz?) and... well, everyone's colors! Not sure why I'm giddy over this but it's cool nevertheless.

Only nine PotD before japanese release.
I'll miss this little pieces of information, even when we were trolled with Luigi's nose.
I'm very sure Sakurai will keep posting more PotDs. There's still the American release and the Wii U version, which in comparsion, we know very little about.

Last edited:

Silvera

Jammin' Jammies
3DS FC
4914-7114-2601
Switch FC
SW-2130-5650-7930
FINALLY! Costumes after so long! And I guess that thing was true about 8 costumes, I must know what they have in store for Pit and Palutena! Maybe Pit having his tunic rolled up to resemble how he looked in Chapter 22?

And Pika (who only had 4 costumes this whole time).
Pit will probably get a new palette/alt to replace the Dark Pit one since he's his own character this time around.
Really? When was it confirmed officially?
https://miiverse.nintendo.net/posts/AYMHAAACAAAYUKlVDt0-Nw

Tollhouse

Smash Journeyman
I don't get why some people are complaining about the villagers looking ugly/creepy. They look just like that in the Animal Crossing games. XD

MewtwoX825

Smash Ace
It was on May 22nd's PotD - "In previous games in the series, if you chose the red team in a team battle, your Mario would have been red. But now you can choose any color you want! The color outlining the characters will show their team affiliation."
Ok now I remember, tend to forget about PotDs when most of the recent ones have had usless info, this week being an exception.

JamietheAuraUser

Smash Lord
Shiny Lucario now please?

Also Shiny Jigglypuff and Shiny Pikachu? (Even if Shiny Pikachu is just gold...) They could even give Shiny Pikachu sparkles to make the gold more obvious.

Also Pichu tomorrow.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom