• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Miiverse Daily Pic Thread: 2nd Edition (Updated 9/19)

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

Are you guys sure? I usually get it at 10 AM and it's not even 9 : 30 PM (my timezonz obv.)
It's usually any time between 11 and 12 in my timezone. Lately closer to 12.
It's almost 12:30 over here. That is unusual.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
It does appear to be later than usual. Doubt it's anything significant though. Maybe Sakurai got caught in traffic on the way back from lunch?

I'm thinking Robin info tonight.

epicgordan

Smash Ace
As a side question, do you think all of the revealed characters will be playable from the get go? Aka Starters?
At the very least, I think Pac-Man will be an unlockable character. There may be others that we already have, but I have this feeling that there will be version-exclusive starters by virtue of the demos having slightly different rosters on the 3DS and Wii U versions.

I do think our next pic of the day will be Robin though, given just how much that needs to be covered. I think what we got out of Lucina will be satisfactory enough for the time being. If we do get one for Captain Falcon, it will likely either be in a bit role, or not last for very long. But, I am always hoping for new information.

GamerGuy09

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-3742-4712-6319
For some reason......I have this feel.....

What if Bandana Dee is deconfirmed tonight? My hopes and dreams will be shattered......ugh!

Last edited:

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043
Stay strong everyone. Lord Swift Fox will not let us down.

Our time shall come. ¦(

As long as the pic is of any of our latest reveals, I'm happy.

epicgordan

Smash Ace
I wonder if Miiverse may have crashed due to traffic? Monday's reveal from what I gathered was a very big deal in the long run.

D

Deleted member

It does appear to be later than usual. Doubt it's anything significant though. Maybe Sakurai got caught in traffic on the way back from lunch?

I'm thinking Robin info tonight.
Does Sakurai even leave the building for lunch?
I thought his big thing was testing out the new characters in FFA matches during lunch break.

Last edited by a moderator:

Morbi

Scavenger
I wonder if Miiverse may have crashed due to traffic? Monday's reveal from what I gathered was a very big deal in the long run.
Miiverse would have crashed Monday in that event. To my knowledge, it has not. I doubt it is anything meaningful. Sakurai is just trying to keep us on our toes!

Blargg888

Oh okay.
NNID
Emerald_Latios
3DS FC
1977-0669-4694
Switch FC
SW-1254-5927-2992
Well now that I've played FE: A, I actually want Robin info more than CF info tonight.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Does Sakurai even leave the building for lunch?
I thought his big thing was testing out the new characters in FFA matches during lunch break.
Maybe he forgot his lunch today and went to go get some? :p

But yeah, I don't know why it's this late. I just want it explained how Robin switches from Bronze Sword to Levin Sword.

Blargg888

Oh okay.
NNID
Emerald_Latios
3DS FC
1977-0669-4694
Switch FC
SW-1254-5927-2992
Maybe he forgot his lunch today and went to go get some? :p

But yeah, I don't know why it's this late. I just want it explained how Robin switches from Bronze Sword to Levin Sword.
I'd think it would be like in FE where the sword can only be slashed like, 40 or so times before it breaks. But what do I know. We'll have to wait and see.

Last edited:

Rebellious Treecko

Smash Hero

:4greninja::4greninja won't show up:

Jp: "One piece today. Mage books and Thunder Sword, the lifeblood of Fresnes. I can be used in input smash Thunder Sword. Air smash what input is OK. And there is a number of uses as the original, it is broken too use, it takes a little time to refill. If there is no Thunder Sword, I will fight with the sword of bronze."

"How to shoot Giga Fire is poised a little maniac. Call the bullets fire from overhead, increase the pillar of fire. Mage Statement, each time you change the type."

Eng: "Pic of the day. The Levin sword and tomes are Robin's life lines. The Levin sword can be activated by using smash attacks--you can even activate these moves in midair! However, just like in the original game, the Levin sword can be used only a limited number of times before it breaks, at which point it takes some time to regenerate. When the Levin sword is unavailable, Robin fights using the bronze sword."

"The way Robin launches Arcfire is kind of crazy—he or she calls down a bolt of flame from above, then launches a pillar of fire! By the way, Robin’s tome changes with each special attack."

So yeah, it talks about the limited uses of the tomes.

Last edited:

GamerGuy09

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-3742-4712-6319
I was bored and I went to the Miiverse page and it says that we are now going to be at the 311th PoTD.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Oh yay, more Robin explanation! Ammo characters for the win, right?

GamerGuy09

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-3742-4712-6319
Seems like the LevinSword can break as I predicted. However it says that it can refill? What does that mean?

Sehnsucht

The Marquis of Sass
BRoomer
Since the majority of gamers don't read books, I feel that Robin's inclusion may be a bit of a misstep in terms of consumer appeal and marketing.

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
Ooromine IV, the second planet from the sun FS-176
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804
Well that's that. Hoping we get the majority of moveset/gameplay clarifications out of the way sooner than later.

Lest we get a single pic/trickle of information 2 weeks later ala Palutena.

Silvera

Jammin' Jammies
3DS FC
4914-7114-2601
Switch FC
SW-2130-5650-7930
"Pic of the day. The Levin sword and tomes are Robin's life lines. The Levin sword can be activated by using smash attacks--you can even activate these moves in midair! However, just like in the original game, the Levin sword can be used only a limited number of times before it breaks, at which point it takes some time to regenerate. When the Levin sword is unavailable, Robin fights using the bronze sword.

The way Robin launches Arcfire is kind of crazy—he or she calls down a bolt of flame from above, then launches a pillar of fire! By the way, Robin’s tome changes with each special attack."

Last edited:

ORVO5

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4785-5813-6727
I doubt translation complications would result in such an extended delay to be honest. It is more likely that Sakurai merely forgot. :dazwa:
Mmm idk, it's like the one important thing everyone's looking forward to everyday. I doubt he'd just forget lol. Not really assuming it's translation issues either but I'm pretty sure he didn't forget. Probably some technical issue with the post.

Edit: Oh nvm there it is lol.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom