• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Miiverse Daily Pic Thread: 2nd Edition (Updated 9/19)

Status
Not open for further replies.

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
Pic of the day. The Levin sword and tomes are Robin's life lines. The Levin sword can be activated by using smash attacks--you can even activate these moves in midair! However, just like in the original game, the Levin sword can be used only a limited number of times before it breaks, at which point it takes some time to regenerate. When the Levin sword is unavailable, Robin fights using the bronze sword.

Second caption:
The way Robin launches Arcfire is kind of crazy—he or she calls down a bolt of flame from above, then launches a pillar of fire! By the way, Robin’s tome changes with each special attack.

https://miiverse.nintendo.net/posts/AYMHAAACAABnUYn9W-xLGQ

Last edited:

Radical Bones

Soul King
Switch FC
SW-3027-1027-5433
Yessss, just what I was hoping for! Looks like his sword and tomes both break, and takes time to restore itself. He must be pretty strong to have such a crippling ability. You must have to try balance out tome and sword so your not left with nothing but a bronze sword...

COOL!

GamerGuy09

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-3742-4712-6319
"Pic of the day. The Levin sword and tomes are Robin's life lines. The Levin sword can be activated by using smash attacks--you can even activate these moves in midair! However, just like in the original game, the Levin sword can be used only a limited number of times before it breaks, at which point it takes some time to regenerate. When the Levin sword is unavailable, Robin fights using the bronze sword.

The way Robin launches Arcfire is kind of crazy—he or she calls down a bolt of flame from above, then launches a pillar of fire! By the way, Robin’s tome changes with each special attack."
Huh. Weird. Didn't expect Smash attacks to be the thing that summons the Levin Sword.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Would Robin not be our first?
The closest we've officially had beforehand was Olimar and his Pikmin, but since you can instantaneously replenish them, it's less so an example. Robin apparently requires refill time, so he fits the mold better.

Morbi

Scavenger
"Pic of the day. The Levin sword and tomes are Robin's life lines. The Levin sword can be activated by using smash attacks--you can even activate these moves in midair! However, just like in the original game, the Levin sword can be used only a limited number of times before it breaks, at which point it takes some time to regenerate. When the Levin sword is unavailable, Robin fights using the bronze sword.

The way Robin launches Arcfire is kind of crazy—he or she calls down a bolt of flame from above, then launches a pillar of fire! By the way, Robin’s tome changes with each special attack."
Thank you for the English version. I could not even read the translated version because of all of the inconsistencies.

Radical Bones

Soul King
Switch FC
SW-3027-1027-5433
It must be something like:

Standard B: Arcfire.

Side B: Lighting moves, depending on how long you charge them.

Up B: Wind Tome.

Down B: Nosferatu.

And the Levin Sword always has a lightening charge.

UberMadman

Smash Lord
NNID
Psychotic_Forces
Yessss, just what I was hoping for! Looks like his sword and tomes both break, and takes time to restore itself. He must be pretty strong to have such a crippling ability. You must have to try balance out tome and sword so your not left with nothing but a bronze sword...

COOL!
Yeah, totally changes your approach to how you fight. I like it.

Last edited:

Blargg888

Oh okay.
NNID
Emerald_Latios
3DS FC
1977-0669-4694
Switch FC
SW-1254-5927-2992
It must be something like:

Standard B: Arcfire.

Side B: Lighting moves, depending on how long you charge them.

Up B: Wind Tome.

Down B: Nosferatu.

And the Levin Sword always has a lightening charge.
But didn't sakurai say that all of Robin's special moves charge? Did we even see his up B?

Shroob

Sup?
Huh.... the fact that Sakurai is giving us lots of good information this quickly after a reveal is rather nice I must admit.

Ryuutakeshi

Smash Lord
So Gamexplain was right. A different tome for each special. The limited levin sword is a nice touch. The concept is also pretty manageable.

D

Deleted member

Wait, what?
Midair Smash Attacks?

(I was actually the first to point this out. The boards wouldn't take my post.)

Radical Bones

Soul King
Switch FC
SW-3027-1027-5433
Yeah, I'd say when he runs out of tomes it'd be like when Olimar tries to use Pikmin when he has none around him. Could be annoying, unless one of his moves is a spawn/switch tome move.

LordShade67

Smash Ace
NNID
LordShade67
3DS FC
2148-8642-9915
....You know, looking at this now, wouldn't this TECHNICALLY make Robin sort of a stance character? Since he really does sound the part with all this.

JamesDNaux

Smash Hero
NNID
JamesDNaux
I am not sure if he meant "aerial smash attacks" or "aerial activation of the Levin sword." She could have aerial smash attacks, but that would be odd.
I have no idea.

"The Levin sword can be activated by using smash attacks--you can even use these moves in midair!" Sounds like smashing midair.

I'm more confused by "activated" does that mean that he doesn't use a sword for his regular attacks besides smashes? Does it mean he uses the bronze sword at first and then uses the Levin sword once he uses a smash? Is the Levin only for smashes?

This really is more confusing than anything.

Ryuutakeshi

Smash Lord
Now the question is does the number of uses of the levin sword match up with it's limit in Awakening and can I equip Armsthrift?

I predict standard for fire, side for thunder, up for wind, and down for nosteratu.

McDuckletts

Smash Ace
NNID
JaredandCompany
3DS FC
2105-8715-5535
I have a feeling that Robin will be this game's "Pokemon Trainer", in that he has a gimmick that is true to his source material, but in the end makes him much less viable in the competitive scene.
I really hope that isn't the case because he actually looks really fun to play as.

Reila

the true enemy of humanity is anime
Yay to more Robin pictures! She looks glorious!

Last edited:

Your Hero

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1392-4236-0236
The Robins are definitely proving themselves to be quite unique. I'm curious as to how their custom moves will work, since I figured it would be based on each element.

Yonder

Smashboard's 1st Sole Survivor
NNID
Skullicide
3DS FC
4055-4053-1813
Great we''re getting some clarification on characters that needed some explaining.

Heh, I remember my reactions to the trailer still. Ahh....

Lucina: '_'

Falcon: :)

Robin: :O :D :D :D :D

Morbi

Scavenger
I have a feeling that Robin will be this game's "Pokemon Trainer", in that he has a gimmick that is true to his source material, but in the end makes him much less viable in the competitive scene.
I really hope that isn't the case because he actually looks really fun to play as.
Unless Robin is forced to switch out to Chrom, a character with a completely different move-set, because she has run out of stamina; I believe that we are fine.

Last edited:

Hong

The Strongest
None of this is an issue.

I just hope that we can either discard tomes and swords preemptively, or that they will automatically return to perfect condition while not in use.

Morbi

Scavenger
Eh...no switch out characters were confirmed already.
Precisely the point.

None of this is an issue.

I just hope that we can either discard tomes and swords preemptively, or that they will automatically return to perfect condition while not in use.
I agree, it would be unfortunate to be forced into using up a tome that you want to discard to our detriment. I hope that they "regenerate" while not in use personally.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
I'm pretty sure today's picture will talk about Robin, like yesterday's was focused on Lucina.
Yes this is late, by at least half an hour now.

What could be the reason? Too much Falcon awesomeness for the website to handle?
Well, I was right on both accounts except the awesomeness part.

Robin's gimmick seems to be an advanced form of Stale move negation from the looks of it, I'd say. It will become important to choose moves so that you don't run out of ammo at the wrong moment.

Last edited:

Ryuutakeshi

Smash Lord
Precisely the point.

I agree, it would be unfortunate to be forced into using up a tome that you want to discard to our detriment. I hope that they "regenerate" while not in use personally.
The big question now is how tome breaking works. If Elwind is a recovery move, that could be really unfortunate to lose access to.

Sonsa

Smash Champion
Kinda weird but kinda awesome to be getting all this clarification out of the way. I think that clears up everything! Now we don't have to wait for it in the upcoming weeks! Wonder what the rest of the week holds in store?

Nintendotard

Smash Lord
NNID
Mariotard
So I get that tomes and Levin sword get used up after a while, but seeing how Robins specials use the tomes he sounds FUBAR if he's trying to recover without his book....

Almost sounds like Rosalina because people were worried that she would be bad without Luma but from the looks of things, no tomes mean no recovery for Robin for a bit

Ryuutakeshi

Smash Lord
Alternatively, it's just referring to the tomes attached to each special. For example, thoron breaks but you can still use other thunder spells, just of lower power.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom