• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Miiverse Daily Pic Thread: 2nd Edition (Updated 9/19)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rebellious Treecko

Smash Hero
I heard that Robin's Down B (Nosferatu) actually sucks health from the opponent, like Absorb in the Pokemon games.

I've wanted to see an attack like that in Smash for a long time.

----

Last edited:

BeatNinja

Smash Ace
NNID
BeatNinja
3DS FC
0473-8305-4122
CroonerMike is the messiah, the one they talk about in the ancient Manuscript...

Hong

The Strongest
Dark Pit! So is he still an alt costume?
It's a default Pit covered in dark magic.
I heard that Robin's Down B (Nosferatu) actually sucks health from the opponent, like Absorb in the Pokemon games.

I've wanted to see an attack like that in Smash for a long time.

----
Yes. It sends out dark tendrils that "curse" the opponent, and they heal even more when you curse the enemy from behind.

Silvera

Jammin' Jammies
3DS FC
4914-7114-2601
Switch FC
SW-2130-5650-7930
Pic of the day. Robin's Nosferatu is the first ability in the Smash Bros. series that recovers your damage as it gives damage to others. The attack becomes even stronger if you strike from behind! Robin doesn't actually use this ability in the original game, but we added that element to make the character unique. Who knows--the ideas we use in this game may contribute to the original series.

Hong

The Strongest
The way Mr. Sakurai words that post is deceiving.

It's not that Robin can't use dark magic. Rather, Robin's default class, the Tactician, cannot equip dark tomes. She can reclass to Dark Mage and use them just fine.

Spazzy_D

Smash Hero
NNID
Spazzy_D
3DS FC
1590-4700-7117
"Pic of the day. Robin's Nosferatu is the first ability in the Smash Bros. series that recovers your damage as it gives damage to others. The attack becomes even stronger if you strike from behind! Robin doesn't actually use this ability in the original game, but we added that element to make the character unique. Who knows--the ideas we use in this game may contribute to the original series."

edit: awww, had this set up to go out but Smash boards sent it out late. Anyway, :4greninja:'d

Last edited:

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
Ooromine IV, the second planet from the sun FS-176
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804
Yes. It sends out dark tendrils that "curse" the opponent, and they heal even more when you curse the enemy from behind.
dark tendrils

from behind
Krista Stare.png

Robin doesn't actually use this ability in the original game, but we added that element to make the character unique. Who knows--the ideas we use in this game may contribute to the original series.
First the when's F-Zero comment, now Sakurai's telling other game directors to step it up/use his ideas. F-Zero x Fire Emblem when?

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
The way Mr. Sakurai words that post is deceiving.

It's not that Robin can't use dark magic. Rather, Robin's default class, the Tactician, cannot equip dark tomes. She can reclass to Dark Mage and use them just fine.
Details.
I'm guessing the translation messed up. It makes sense, as he is a Tactician here, so...
Besides, Sakurai's descriptions of other games are not known for 100% accuracy. Like King K. Rool's twin brothers, for example.

Krysco

Aeon Hero
NNID
Krysco
3DS FC
2122-7731-1180
Oh Sakurai, you're so funny. 'First' to recover damage while also dishing out damage. Too bad P:M was one step ahead of you. And before anyone replies, yes I know what he means, first on a Nintendo made Smash or however you wish to word it. Odds are he doesn't even know about P:M.

Anyways, good start to a Monday, very informative for anyone who doesn't play Fire Emblem.

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
I may be happy Pit's getting more PotD, but I'm not happy bout him soon to become the new "Bowser/Fox" in terms of getting hurt often lately. And why is he doing that on KI characters only!?
(I shall avenge you Pit, don't worry.)

Enough of my angel rants for today. I'm hoping that move has a bit of lag for balance reasons. Unfortunately, I fear it goes through shields, too. I don't know, but it just seems like it will do that. Or maybe it's a Pseudo Force Palm with small grabbing range of the sort? Better be limited use, too.

Last edited:

Sehnsucht

The Marquis of Sass
BRoomer
Oh Sakurai, you're so funny. 'First' to recover damage while also dishing out damage. Too bad P:M was one step ahead of you. And before anyone replies, yes I know what he means, first on a Nintendo made Smash or however you wish to word it. Odds are he doesn't even know about P:M.

Anyways, good start to a Monday, very informative for anyone who doesn't play Fire Emblem.
I'd like to draw attention to the serendipitous content of your current signature GIF.

ScottyWK

Smash Lord
NNID
ScottyWK
3DS FC
3239-4428-9575
Anyone else find it odd that Pit's upper body seems to resemble default Pit, yet his sandals and leg gear are black?

If I'm blatantly missing some reasoning for this, I'd welcome hearing it.

ScottyWK

Smash Lord
NNID
ScottyWK
3DS FC
3239-4428-9575
Yeah, but the toga is still white.:tired:
Not saying that this in anyway confirms Dark Pit or anything, but it's a little odd that his legs don't match the upper body. My only guess would be that it is some effect of Robin's magic, but I don't think Palutena changes tints in Robin's trailer.

Radical Bones

Soul King
Switch FC
SW-3027-1027-5433
Every night, I hold my breath in hopes my most wanted character is not deconfirmed.
Yet another day I can rest easy. Thank you, filler pictures.
*Sakurai posts second pic of Ghirahim with the caption "FYI, he's an Assist Trophy"*

I love Robin, but he's stealing everyone's thunder (Thoron) at the moment. Still would like to know more about Palu and Pac. Even more of the Mii's moves.

Amazing Ampharos

Balanced Brawl Designer
Writing Team
I have this sneaking suspicion that this move is going to be really slow, and seeing as it holds the victim, it's probably possible to greatly mitigate it with hardcore mashing. I am not optimistic that this move will turn out to be one of Robin's good ones, but of course, we should be very slow to judge special moves since it has two completely unknown custom variations, either of which might be amazing.

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
I may be happy Pit's getting more PotD, but I'm not happy bout him soon to become the new "Bowser/Fox" in terms of getting hurt often lately. And why is he doing that on KI characters only!?
(I shall avenge you Pit, don't worry.)

Enough of my angel rants for today. I'm hoping that move has a bit of lag for balance reasons. Unfortunately, I fear it goes through shields, too. I don't know, but it just seems like it will do that. Or maybe it's a Pseudo Force Palm with small grabbing range of the sort? Better be limited use, too.
Nobody has had Samus levels of pain.

Krysco

Aeon Hero
NNID
Krysco
3DS FC
2122-7731-1180
Both times Nosferatu has been shown it has been on a Kid Icarus character. :) I like this, darkness consuming irritating 'light' based characters. Just wait till Ganondorf appears! Gotta add this pic to my sig.

Also one random thing I just thought of, one of the special variants for Nosferatu could be making it a light version of the move since in some games it's a light tome and other games it's a dark tome. It could have more range but less power (since usually light tomes are weak but accurate while dark tomes are inaccurate but powerful).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom