• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Miiverse Daily Pic Thread: 2nd Edition (Updated 9/19)

Status
Not open for further replies.

SpaceJell0

Smash Ace
NNID
SpaceJell0
3DS FC
0104-0342-5999
Hoping for a vet during my birthday week :D Is it nerdy of me to think that the unconfirmed characters are playing a game like Survivor but those that aren't voted off lose (aka deconfirmation) lol idk it's 2:30AM where I am. Captain Falcon just got voted off :p
#shoutouttoKingofSmashKen

Last edited:

Cheezey Bites

Slime Knight
NNID
koske1
3DS FC
4356-0097-9129
The first?

Ivysaur drains in P:M, and Jigglypuff's rest heals her in Brawl-...

Sakurai you're drunk!

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
New information on a move = filler.
Eh?
It's not new info, we already knew this from the magazine articles.

Anyone else find it odd that Pit's upper body seems to resemble default Pit, yet his sandals and leg gear are black?

If I'm blatantly missing some reasoning for this, I'd welcome hearing it.
It's his blue costume, not black.

Last edited:

Shariq

Smash Journeyman
You sure about that? I don't see anything blue on him.
Anyone else find it odd that Pit's upper body seems to resemble default Pit, yet his sandals and leg gear are black?

If I'm blatantly missing some reasoning for this, I'd welcome hearing it.
I am pretty sure it is a different colored Pit. Look at the patterns on the border/edges of his toga. They are blue when it's default color is red. Same goes for the plate thing with the arrow on his hand. Blue in this picture while it's red by default.
EDIT: I made a image for better comparison. Excuse the amateurish quality.

zlCfzSMS8nIcvPUP3Z.jpg

Last edited:

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
For reference, here's Dark Pit and Robin trying to turn Pit into dark Pit side by side.

This is clearly the blue costume. There are blue straps on the sandals instead of gold.

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
Pretty sure it's the blue Pit. In addition to the different-colored sandals, that red thing next to the golden rings is now blue. Kind to think of it, I'm not that furious about him being hurt as much anymore (maybe) as it confirms the Blue Pit's return and him having relatively the same design like the Brawl variation.
All in all, regular, gold, red, and green Pits appeared in the demo, the blue one was shown today. Only 1 Pit remains.

Last edited:

Curious Villager

Puzzles...

Yeah I think this is a new colour swap. His sandals are black, the colour at the edge of his tunic is blue and the red part above his glove is blue with the big ring thing being black with whiter rings around it. Perhaps it's his blue colour swap?

Never mind, Shariq's edit explains it better than me.

Last edited:

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694

I apologize if the pic is gone. Just search "SSBB Blue Pit" if it isn't there.

Based on Blue Brawl Pit, the sandal colors, cept the strap right next to his toes, seem similar. I don't doubt that it may be a slightly different costume design for his blue costume though. Personally, I wouldn't be surprised if Pit's other costumes got a slight color change. I just hope my precious gold one is more polished.

APC99

Smash Master
NNID
APC-99
3DS FC
3840-8265-8211

The wings and embroidery on his skirt thing match his blue costume from Brawl. I think it's his blue costume for sure.

asia_catdog_blue

Smash Ace
Pic of the day. Robin's Nosferatu is the first ability in the Smash Bros. series that recovers your damage as it gives damage to others. The attack becomes even stronger if you strike from behind! Robin doesn't actually use this ability in the original game, but we added that element to make the character unique. Who knows--the ideas we use in this game may contribute to the original series.
He cannot do that! sakurai can't just give a character a random ability they have not access to! That's not true to the character!

...oh, what am I'm kidding? Sakurai doesn't give a damn.

Also, that pointy-eared vampire is named, "Count Orlox."

Last edited:

ToothiestAura

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4527-8092-0589
He cannot do that! sakurai can't just give a character a random ability they have not access to! That's not true to the character!

...oh, what am I'm kidding? Sakurai doesn't give a damn.

Also, that pointy-eared vampire is named, "Count Orlox."
Pretty sure the only special Ness has in Smash that he can actually learn is PK Flash.
And Greninja can't make water swords.
And Zelda doesn't use the goddess spells.
And Sheik never fought at all.
Seriously, this is nothing new.

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
As much as I like seeing newcomers, I want to see the Knee of Justice in a PotD

Last edited:

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
Robin can't use Nosferatu in his default class, but technically, Robin can use any weapon depending on his/her class.

Tactician class using dark magic is impossible in Awakening, unless you have the Shadowgift skill which only three characters can have: Aversa, Morgan (if inherited by having Aversa as her mother) and DLC Micaiah. Of the three, only Morgan and Micaiah have access to the Tactician class.

Also, Pit's color is the blue color. That means all of Pit's colors except the black one are confirmed to return...

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

So today's pic; "The attack becomes even stronger if you strike from behind!"

Shulk with Back Slash Confirmed?

because there wasn't enough Spongebob yet

PlateProp

Smash Master
NNID
Genericality
3DS FC
3823-8710-2486
Pretty sure the only special Ness has in Smash that he can actually learn is PK Flash.
For all points and purposes, it wasnt ever said that Greninja couldn't make water swords. Which in all possibility will become canon or appear in the anime because rule of badass.

asia_catdog_blue

Smash Ace
And I hated him for all that as well! 15 year, and he still got away with this?

Ness should have used his own PSI moves and became physical!
Zelda should have not been playable at all!

...Greninja could have used water swords in his source material.

Really, I... ANYONE can created a moveset more unique and creative than Sakurai without botching the character.

Last edited:

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
*Sakurai posts second pic of Ghirahim with the caption "FYI, he's an Assist Trophy"*

I love Robin, but he's stealing everyone's thunder (Thoron) at the moment. Still would like to know more about Palu and Pac. Even more of the Mii's moves.
Personally, I'm not bothered by it. I've noticed that Sakurai tends to rush specific character posts if another one is just around the corner.

Peach- 5 of 9 before Toon Link
Toon Link- 2 of 2 before Sonic
Rosalina- 5 of 5 before Zelda
Zelda- 2 of 5 before King Dedede
Lucario- 3 of 9 before Little Mac
Little Mac- 2 of 4 before Diddy
Ike- 3 of 12 before E3.

Robin's currently at 2 for the last 5 but we'll see how the rest of this week plays out.

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
I'm not that familiar with Kid Icarus, so how is this a Dark Pit hint?
Well basicly

First it was the palutena trailer

Then this which is blue pit to look like dark pit, and the nosferatu move makes it look like its turning into dark pit

Plan and simple hints toward playable than alternate costume.

viewtifulduck82

Smash Ace
NNID
Viewtifulduck82
3DS FC
4957-3557-2255
Well basicly

First it was the palutena trailer

Then this which is blue pit to look like dark pit, and the nosferatu move makes it look like its turning into dark pit

Plan and simple hints toward playable than alternate costume.
......You're not actually serious are you?

Starcutter

Resident Beedrill
NNID
Legendofrob1
3DS FC
1908-0357-9077
Dark pit would probably be like Fukua of smash if I made a comparison to something in terms of clones.

Bauske

Pac-Maniac
NNID
Bauske
3DS FC
2878-9584-0314
Hey, Lucina got in as her own character just because her sword acts differently. What's to stop Dark Pit from getting his own slot simply because his attacks are slower and more powerful?

NinfanNanz

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
4425-2858-3538
His exact model. Since Dark Pit is exactly like Pit's model, there would be two pits on the screen and it would be difficult to tell which one is dark and which one is not.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
Is it impossible to tell apart a black winged angel who wears black from a white winged angel who wears white? Not even the most colorblind people have trouble in distinguishing such polar opposite colors...

Anyway, I think Dark Pit will be an alt for Pit. But if I'm wrong and he gets his own slot, I won't be complaining.

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
Hey, Lucina got in as her own character just because her sword acts differently. What's to stop Dark Pit from getting his own slot simply because his attacks are slower and more powerful?
Well hmm.. There's different paths that can be taken.
1: Dark Pit getting his own character slot means Pit will have his Black Pit slot from Brawl (black laurel and no red eyes), but even that it'd be hard to tell who's who.
2: DP is Pit's alt costume with his updated look and voice, but it wouldn't seem right if DP used the Palutena Bow instead of the Silver Bow (which has different traits) since that's his main weapon.
3: Assist Trophy

So it aint easy. Plus it'd be weird if he used Pit's 3ST if they chose #2, but then again Smash defies things, so yea.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
Well hmm.. There's different paths that can be taken.
1: Dark Pit getting his own character slot means Pit will have his Black Pit slot from Brawl (black laurel and no red eyes), but even that it'd be hard to tell who's who.
2: DP is Pit's alt costume with his updated look and voice, but it wouldn't seem right if DP used the Palutena Bow instead of the Silver Bow (which has different traits) since that's his main weapon.
3: Assist Trophy

So it aint easy. Plus it'd be weird if he used Pit's 3ST if they chose #2, but then again Smash defies things, so yea.
Considering the Silver Bow is a recolored Palutena's Bow, it wouldn't be hard to have a Dark Pit alt color to wield it. The projectiles could also change color. Of course, Dark Pit using Palutena's Bow wouldn't be far fetched since he can use it in Uprising, but the Silver Bow is more iconic to him.

As for the Final Smash, well, many characters use moves they never used in the original games... Plus, considering Dark Pit's fight skills are the same as Pit's, who says he can't use the Three Sacred Treasures?

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice

I feel like my last three favorite veterans are locks (:popo::ness2::wario:) and I only genuinely care about one potential newcomer (Takamaru) at this point so now I'm mostly just interested in seeing the new stages. It's kind of weird how few we've seen in the grand scheme of things and how little we know about a good number of ones that have been revealed. I feel like there's more to Pyrosphere, Mario Galaxy, Kalos Pokemon League, and Palutena's temple than Sakurai lets on and the total lack of DK, Kirby, and Star Fox stages after more than a year is kind of suspicious too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom