• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Miiverse Daily Pic Thread: 2nd Edition (Updated 9/19)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vintage Creep

Smash Master
NNID
VintageCreep
Sakurambo should just announce the non-officially announced characters, starting tonight with maybe Ness or Ganondorf.
Why? I'm way more interested in WiiU's exclusive stages and modes. The more I look at the 3DS version, the more I realize the real Smash Bros. 4 isn't out yet.

Flaxr XIII

Smash Lord
NNID
FlaxrXIII
Was it ever stated that both versions would have the same items, Assist Trophies, and Pokemans? As far as I know, only the character roster is said to be the same for both.

majora_787

Smash Hero
Ignoring that ridiculous shenaniganry, the choice is this.

A) Get 3DS stuff like the roster everyone knows by now out of the way ASAP, THEN begin shifting gears into full Wii U mode.

B) Go into Wii U mode, and stop randomly to talk about characters we'll have been familiar with for weeks or months already.

Miffa

The Money Man
NNID
DeanMiffa
Was it ever stated that both versions would have the same items, Assist Trophies, and Pokemans? As far as I know, only the character roster is said to be the same for both.
Items are the same some assists are different Pokemon not sure if there the same.

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
The Hype is so ded now, I hope we get a Wii U Stage soon, but this day Im guessing another 3DS pic: My bets are on Master Hand/Core or more online stuff.

PurpleSpaceDragon

Smash Journeyman
A lot depends on whether Japan gets the Wii U version earlier than the United States.

If Japan gets it 3 weeks early like they did the 3DS version, we'll probably start getting Wii U-hyping pics right away.

GamerGuy09

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-3742-4712-6319
I wonder if this update will show us the unlockable characters.

#BagOfPizza

Last edited:

R0Y

Smash Master
Mario and Luigi: Dream Team has an exploit that lets you post any pic. Only a matter of time until pics are disabled there, as you can imagine. Amusing while waiting for POTD.

mygamecube

Smash Lord
NNID
mygamecube
3DS FC
4596-9526-5701
A lot depends on whether Japan gets the Wii U version earlier than the United States.

If Japan gets it 3 weeks early like they did the 3DS version, we'll probably start getting Wii U-hyping pics right away.
Call me crazy but I do have a big feeling that NA/UK will get the Wii U version before Japan. More Wii U consoles have been sold between the two regions compared to Japan.

Miffa

The Money Man
NNID
DeanMiffa
Call me crazy but I do have a big feeling that NA/UK will get the Wii U version before Japan. More Wii U consoles have been sold between the two regions compared to Japan.
It comes down to localisation as well since the game gets made in Japanese it probably come out Worldwide instead of Japan later or just Japan first.

Last edited:

Shroob

Sup?
I think it'd be nice since we had to wait for the 3DS version.... but I find it highly unlikely.

mygamecube

Smash Lord
NNID
mygamecube
3DS FC
4596-9526-5701
It comes down to localisation as well since the game gets made in Japanese it probably come out Worldwide instead of Japan later or just Japan first.
Except I'm sure just like the 3DS version, the Wii U version is already localized pretty extensively. I wouldnt' be surprised if it's worldwide either tho.

R0Y

Smash Master
Naaaah... Japan has sold more Wii U's than the entire rest of the world aside from North America combined. Wii U is doing particularly bad in EU for what a major market it is.

mygamecube

Smash Lord
NNID
mygamecube
3DS FC
4596-9526-5701
Naaaah... Japan has sold more Wii U's than the entire rest of the world aside from North America combined. Wii U is doing particularly bad in EU for what a major market it is.
Really? I was under the impression that all the consoles in Japan was doing very poorly, but handhelds were thriving.

I did know that Wii U was nonexistant in EU before Mario Kart 8, but it's been better as of late.

Miffa

The Money Man
NNID
DeanMiffa
The EU has always been Nintendo's worst market it is the only place SEGA beat them in the 90s.
Except I'm sure just like the 3DS version, the Wii U version is already localized pretty extensively. I wouldnt' be surprised if it's worldwide either tho.
I guess we will see it seems to be pointing to late November atm.

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
Really? I was under the impression that all the consoles in Japan was doing very poorly, but handhelds were thriving.

I did know that Wii U was nonexistant in EU before Mario Kart 8, but it's been better as of late.
Video games in general in Japan aren't doing that well.
Although I'm pretty sure Wii U is the number one console there.

R0Y

Smash Master

They are but Wii U is usually #1 in terms of those dying home consoles in Japan now and that's enough to outsell all of the rest of the world outside North America for Wii U's.

mygamecube

Smash Lord
NNID
mygamecube
3DS FC
4596-9526-5701
They are but Wii U is usually #1 in terms of those dying home consoles in Japan now and that's enough to outsell all of the rest of the world outside North America for Wii U's.
I see. Gotcha. Shows you how out of the look I am regarding console sales lol

I still hope we'll get the Wii U version first. Ideally it'll work out well for Black Friday and whatnot.

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
They might shoot for a early before black Friday release in NA. Japan might get it in early December.
Imagine if the Wii U version gets released during Black Friday; that would cause actual Smash fights inside the store to get a copy of the game!

Also, the POTD is getting late....

ShyGuy XL

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ShyGuyES
3DS FC
5386-9776-6327
Imagine if the Wii U version gets released during Black Friday; that would cause actual Smash fights inside the store to get a copy of the game!

True dat about Black Friday and yeah where is the PotD ? It's about to be half an hour late then again the game did just released in Japan make Sakarai is a little tired from last week since the game did release early before launch

Last edited:

GamerGuy09

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-3742-4712-6319
I'm confident that the website is updating with Bios of the rest of the roster, we won't see anything for another 2 hours.

#BagOfPizza

#BeefJerkyBros

Croco

Smash Lord

Haha.
I can imagine parents ripping and punching for a Wii Fit Trainer Amiibo.

Flaxr XIII

Smash Lord
NNID
FlaxrXIII
C'mon, we need something hype-rific to get the PotD Hype Train back on track. No whammies no whammies!

BeatNinja

Smash Ace
NNID
BeatNinja
3DS FC
0473-8305-4122
What if the release of the game was our Pic of the Day. For the rest of the year.

Game release of the day. Here's everything. Laughing Dog, Bowser and Peach's illegitimate child, clones. 11/10 roster.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
In before we get a spoiler section and Lucina mysteriously moves there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom