• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Mini WWYP 4 - Afterlife

Status
Not open for further replies.

M.K

Level 55
Ooh, thanks to Tom for pulling me into this!

I'll definetly enter, this is what I'll do in my spare time after tests in school!

Eor

Banned via Warnings
BRoomer
My story is the best kind. it starts out with all the black people dead

raul

Smash Lord
WOW, that was a bit....yeah. I mean its funny, but...eh screw being politically correct. Wheres the fun in being PC?

One side note: This wwyp has inspired me to the point of no return. I will def be entering this and completing what I believe to be a very solid entry. Again, this might be the best prompt I have had the chance to take part in.

Edit: I just realized its Feb. 18th and I have completed half of my miniwwyp4 story. I've got over 2 weeks to make it perfect! I am excited now!

Jam Stunna

Writer of Fortune
BRoomer
3DS FC
0447-6552-1484
I finally finished writing my story, and I finished reviewing the WWYP 7 pieces. Now I can spend the next three days typing!

Blackadder

Smash Master
Squee!
I had a friend of mine come 'round, I used to draw comics with him as a kid.
And he brought 'round a book, with some of his new comics in it, and asked me to do one for old time's sake. So I did!

And then I went on ebay and bought Johnny The Homicidal Maniac and Squee!.
I'm currently getting this high creativity vibe, and am reading to rite something! Anything! Creepy afterlife stuff is on good terms with me, so I'm hoping I'll write a decent story!

Huzzah for spam posts!

Fawriel

Smash Master
I'm probably going to enter this one purely for fun. I have a cute idea ( don't worry, this one's following the prompt ), but it doesn't have an extreme lot of potential and I have other things to take care of than to participate in a contest like this.
If I do post it, just go ahead and read it if you're looking for a short story about something completely different. ^^

Jam Stunna

Writer of Fortune
BRoomer
3DS FC
0447-6552-1484
Allright, I'm about halfway done typing up my submission.

I'm going to make the judges earn their pay with this one!

tmw_redcell

ULTRA GORGEOUS
BRoomer
Oh, and I forgot to mention, you guys gotta give me your real names if you want to be credited with your real name. Just post it at the beginning or end of your entry.

raul

Smash Lord
Oh, and I forgot to mention, you guys gotta give me your real names if you want to be credited with your real name. Just post it at the beginning or end of your entry.
Speaking of that, is it possible to purchase the finished product once you have all the entries in? I realize the winner gets a copy but I'd like one too. If you'd take a money order, I'd buy one.

tmw_redcell

ULTRA GORGEOUS
BRoomer
They might be so cheap that I'll just give them away, rather than dealing with the hassle of accepting payment. Although I'm poor as hell right now, so who knows.

Blackadder

Smash Master
I like how I started a story about with an afterlife theme, and ended up starting a dark-humour comic book with a strong death theme, among other things.

The mind boggles. :confused:

Tom

Bulletproof Doublevoter
BRoomer
I didn't finish either, school johns. But to be fair to you, redcell, I will submit something that you can still put in your magazine.

Fawriel

Smash Master
I'm afraid I'm too tired to still finish ( well, start ) mine today. But on the bright side, it's not as if it had any chance to win anyway. ^^

Fawriel

Smash Master
Not true, everyone always has a chance to win, unless you steal someone's idea of course.
Not if I intentionally write a very short story just for fun with no intention of winning in the first place, I don't! *determined pose*

I'll just throw it into the bucket of normal threads sometime after the deadline. The good thing about WWYP is, after all, that it gives you a prompt to work with. Good practice. ^^

Eor

Banned via Warnings
BRoomer
Matt stole my idea, and he didn't even do it in a creative way! It should have been several long blank areas before the end. Like this:

The Afterlife:

~~~~~~

End

oh well. I had a story planned out about an Atheist that winds up in some sort of afterlife, but it's not a paradise, as everything is slightly off. He doesn't know what religion's afterlife it is, and he doesn't want to ask because he thinks he's there by mistake and doesn't want to be found out. it was a black comedy, and it ended with the realization that no one knew what afterlife it was, but that it didn't matter, and they continued on with their existence.

Fawriel

Smash Master
oh well. I had a story planned out about an Atheist that winds up in some sort of afterlife, but it's not a paradise, as everything is slightly off. He doesn't know what religion's afterlife it is, and he doesn't want to ask because he thinks he's there by mistake and doesn't want to be found out. it was a black comedy, and it ended with the realization that no one knew what afterlife it was, but that it didn't matter, and they continued on with their existence.
Oh. Yeah. Yeah, that's the other reason.

Eor

Banned via Warnings
BRoomer
I just realized that Virgilijus is going to have to grade both these entries along with the several he hasn't judged yet from wwyp7.

edit: i can't get your comment.

Fawriel

Smash Master
That's my way of saying "****, man, that was absolutely brilliant" by hinting at my earlier comment about why I have no chance to win. =D

SunriseW12

Smash Apprentice
I don't expect these to actually be read until sometime in 2010, when the judges finally stop playing brawl.

SunriseW12

Smash Apprentice
well, I am glad that at least one of you will be able to read them, but I am also incredibly sorry for you.

tmw_redcell

ULTRA GORGEOUS
BRoomer
Extension granted! Since you guys were all begging and everything, the new deadline is Monday, the 10th, at midnight.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom