• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Miracle Of Light - Palutena in SSB4 (Featuring Cereza from Bayonetta-series)

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
Yeah I've seen Palutena pull off that attack on the Hewdraw too. I've wanted to see what happens if I toke more than 5 minutes to beat the Hewdraw (And any other flight section where you are required to actually do something) and that little scene toke me by surprise. XD

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
If she's in they'd better have more talking options is Smash 4. Let her get her TrollFace on.

SmashChu

Banned via Warnings
So I was looking for this thread, and somehow it ended up on Page 3. Yet, on page 1 we have Goku and Popeye. What is wrong with this place.

SmashChu

Banned via Warnings
Naw, your doing fine.

I do want to ask. Why do you all think Palutena should be a heavyweight?

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
Check all the stuff she's carrying! She has lots of jewelry and and shield to boot whole carrying a staff. Surely she'd be heavy-weight due that!

/And maybe it helps she has quite a buxom. :awesome:/

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
Well Palutena being somewhat of a heavy weight would stem from being a relatively large character. Kind of similar to Roselina in Mario spin offs.

She won't be too heavy though, like borderline middle weight and heavy weight.

D

Deleted member

An example of size would be to stand Ganondorf next to Pit.
She's practially an Amazonian.

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
I can't say there's a real good reason for wanting her to be heavy, but it just "feels" right. That sort of "feeling" is more important than anything that makes sense. It would also fit with how I imagine her to play as. Balance her out, I suppose. IF NOT then we might have another Zelda, lol.

I know Samus is female, but it'd be nice to have a MORE FEMININE female as another heavyweight as well. As it is now, all the female are within the same 10 unit range for weight. 90 (Peach) to 81 (Sheik). It's larger than what I thought actually, but I just think it'd be nice to have a female character that feels and plays similar to characters like Bowser and Ganondorf. ...Probably not THAT heavy though. Like, 105 or something.

Jakor

Smash Ace
I can't say there's a real good reason for wanting her to be heavy, but it just "feels" right. That sort of "feeling" is more important than anything that makes sense. It would also fit with how I imagine her to play as. Balance her out, I suppose. IF NOT then we might have another Zelda, lol.

I know Samus is female, but it'd be nice to have a MORE FEMININE female as another heavyweight as well. As it is now, all the female are within the same 10 unit range for weight. 90 (Peach) to 81 (Sheik). It's larger than what I thought actually, but I just think it'd be nice to have a female character that feels and plays similar to characters like Bowser and Ganondorf. ...Probably not THAT heavy though. Like, 105 or something.
If Medusa is playable, I guess she would be even heavier too.

Bowserlick

Smash Hero
I wanted Medusa. But now the portability of Palutena being the second Kid Icarus rep (if there is one, which I think there will) seems to be above average. Sakurai invested a personality in the goddess. I bet she will appear as a medium-medium heavy character with offensive and defensive properties like Pit.

I am guessing only two Kid Icarus reps (with Pit being one of them).

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
unless Sakurai doesn't want a goddess to be a playable character, I can see Palutena as a playable character.

but it would be kind of bizarre (and funny) to have an all-mighty powerful goddess in a Smash styled fight...

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
unless Sakurai doesn't want a goddess to be a playable character, I can see Palutena as a playable character.

but it would be kind of bizarre (and funny) to have an all-mighty powerful goddess in a Smash styled fight...
Considering the fact that Kid Icarus doesn't take itself seriously AT ALL, I think it's all acceptable for Palutena to appear as playable. Who needs logic in Smash Bros-games anyway?

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
I could imagine Palutena pretending to be a stereotypical god by being extremely dramatic in one of Pit's Smash Taunts. It would be kind of in-character for Palutena to mock the god stereotype anyway.

Haxeye

Smash Cadet

Lol your avatar (Ganondorf) is a king of evil/Demon King and he's in Smash, not much less of a stretch than a goddess.

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
I'm sure Palutena isn't going to use all of her powers to become unstoppable in smash, there has to be a hidden limit we don't know about. Or else the likes of Ganondorf and Mewtwo would have killed everyone day one... And wouldn't have ended up so low in the tier list. :troll:

Zzuxon

Smash Champion
NNID
zzuxon
3DS FC
3695-0453-0481
I don't like the idea of a 2nd Kid Icarus character, but if there has to be 1, it should be Palutena.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
I'm sure Palutena isn't going to use all of her powers to become unstoppable in smash, there has to be a hidden limit we don't know about. Or else the likes of Ganondorf and Mewtwo would have killed everyone day one... And wouldn't have ended up so low in the tier list. :troll:
I don't like the idea of tiers, but oh the irony...

and yes, Palutena can totally be a playable character.

one does not simply take a game seriously.
Guess that could apply to tournament related stuff, but I'm not going that way...

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
I don't like the idea of a 2nd Kid Icarus character, but if there has to be 1, it should be Palutena.
May I ask why, by any chance? I mean, most feel it deserves a second rep, so I was just curious.

shinhed-echi

Smash Hero
NNID
punchtropics
3DS FC
5301-0890-0238
May I ask why, by any chance? I mean, most feel it deserves a second rep, so I was just curious.
By now 3 games in the series does kind of merit a 3rd character, in my book.

Sure I'd love to see PLENTY other characters before her, but if we need a new female character, then hands down Palutena is basically the most popular female character out there (at least in Japan).

And I'm all up for it. Besides, loved the first two KI, gotta try this one now. :O

Zzuxon

Smash Champion
NNID
zzuxon
3DS FC
3695-0453-0481
A 3 game series does not warrant a 2nd character.

By now 3 games in the series does kind of merit a 3rd character, in my book.

Sure I'd love to see PLENTY other characters before her, but if we need a new female character, then hands down Palutena is basically the most popular female character out there (at least in Japan).

And I'm all up for it. Besides, loved the first two KI, gotta try this one now. :O
Pikmin, and Golden Sun all/ will have 3 games by the time Smash 4 comes out. I see no-one supporting the addition of more than one character for either of those series.
Heck, Starfy has FIVE games, and whether or not he should get in at all is contested.

Junahu

Smash Ace
Kid Icarus is a recent and relevant IP.
It's not about "how many games are there in the series?", it's about "what games have an impact and a draw on audiences?".

Besides... Mother series. Three games. Two Reps.

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
A 3 game series does not warrant a 2nd character.
Star Fox had 2 characters to 2 games in Melee. Mother had 2 characters to 3 games in Brawl. Pokemon could also be argued for the 64, heck Mewtwo was planned for the 64 as well, so 3 characters to arguably 2 games. I don't see the big deal, especially for a popular and cult classic game series that Nintendo promoted as much as they did Pokemon in the late 90s.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
Star Fox had 2 characters to 2 games in Melee. Mother had 2 characters to 3 games in Brawl. Pokemon could also be argued for the 64, heck Mewtwo was planned for the 64 as well, so 3 characters to arguably 2 games. I don't see the big deal, especially for a popular and cult classic game series that Nintendo promoted as much as they did Pokemon in the late 90s.
I totally agree with this. Kid Icarus can have more characters, even if there are only three games in the series.

Zzuxon

Smash Champion
NNID
zzuxon
3DS FC
3695-0453-0481
The extra Mother and Starfox characters are obviously fillers to beef up the roster right before release.
There isn't any clone material in Kid Icarus, except maybe that Stupid Dark Pit, but his chances are negligible.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
The extra Mother and Starfox characters are obviously fillers to beef up the roster right before release.
There isn't any clone material in Kid Icarus, except maybe that Stupid Dark Pit, but his chances are negligible.
given the massive amount of weapons in Uprising, I don't think that Dark Pit would necessarily be a clone of Pit... then again, Dr. Mario, Pichu and Toon Link could have been different characters if the developers got a little more creative, specially when considering Ganondorf's clone status, which is bad.

only close-minded people make the assumption that similar looking characters are necessarily clones. problem is when the developers themselves are close-minded as well, when making movesets for the characters... but, even so, clones aren't that bad as long as there are significant differences between the characters, but some disagree...

anyway, Palutena's chances are quite favorable, and she has good moveset potential.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Correct me if I'm wrong, but according to some Brawl data, both Ness and Lucas were more intentional, unlike Toon Link, Jigglypuff, and Wolf who were added later due to time. That does not qualify as a filler to me.

Zzuxon

Smash Champion
NNID
zzuxon
3DS FC
3695-0453-0481
given the massive amount of weapons in Uprising, I don't think that Dark Pit would necessarily be a clone of Pit... then again, Dr. Mario, Pichu and Toon Link could have been different characters if the developers got a little more creative, specially when considering Ganondorf's clone status, which is bad.

only close-minded people make the assumption that similar looking characters are necessarily clones. problem is when the developers themselves are close-minded as well, when making movesets for the characters... but, even so, clones aren't that bad as long as there are significant differences between the characters, but some disagree...

anyway, Palutena's chances are quite favorable, and she has good moveset potential.
I'm not saying Dark Pit would necesarily be a clone, he just easily could be.

Furthermore, no-one is responding to my other point regarding the Pikmin, Golden Sun, and Starfy series.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
For the point on Starfy, Isaac, and a new Captain, it is due to the precedent that, minus Fire Emblem, a new series added after 64 hasn't had more than one character added from the start. Heck, Roy was more of a promotion due to extra time, anyway. That's why only Isaac and Starfy get support for their series, I believe. They have to set the foundation.

For the new Captain, I'm guessing it's due to the fact that it is hard to imagine another moveset for a captain that essentially does the same things as Olimar.

Just what I think is going on about those.

Zzuxon

Smash Champion
NNID
zzuxon
3DS FC
3695-0453-0481
For the point on Starfy, Isaac, and a new Captain, it is due to the precedent that, minus Fire Emblem, a new series added after 64 hasn't had more than one character added from the start. Heck, Roy was more of a promotion due to extra time, anyway. That's why only Isaac and Starfy get support for their series, I believe. They have to set the foundation.

For the new Captain, I'm guessing it's due to the fact that it is hard to imagine another moveset for a captain that essentially does the same things as Olimar.

Just what I think is going on about those.
Fire Emblem was a very large series when it waas introduced.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
I know, I was just saying that that particular reasoning was likely the case. It also wasn't too large: only 5 games. Like what Starfy has now (another reason I find Starfy pretty darn likely...)

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
I decided to do a size comparison concept for Palutena, comparing her size to Ganondorf and Bowser. I'm basically envisioning Palutena rivaling Ganondorf's height, but she'll be shorter than Bowser.

[collapse=Size Comparison]Palutena, Ganondorf, & Bowser
[/collapse]

Mypantisgone

Smash Lord
I'm not saying Dark Pit would necesarily be a clone, he just easily could be.

Furthermore, no-one is responding to my other point regarding the Pikmin, Golden Sun, and Starfy series.
There is a whole thread for a second captain,and like we already said,the number of games doesn't count.

Top Bottom