• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Miracle Of Light - Palutena in SSB4 (Featuring Cereza from Bayonetta-series)

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
I decided to do a size comparison concept for Palutena, comparing her size to Ganondorf and Bowser. I'm basically envisioning Palutena rivaling Ganondorf's height, but she'll be shorter than Bowser.

[collapse=Size Comparison]Palutena, Ganondorf, & Bowser
[/collapse]
Very great thoughts there, quite impressed by how you do these M&S Guy! I'll add these to the first post! (-lvl-)_d

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
I must say that Palutena's Brawl model looks a little creepy. Like a uncanny valley creepy sort of way. Maybe it's the face throwing me off.

:phone:

SmashChu

Banned via Warnings
I decided to do a size comparison concept for Palutena, comparing her size to Ganondorf and Bowser. I'm basically envisioning Palutena rivaling Ganondorf's height, but she'll be shorter than Bowser.

[collapse=Size Comparison]Palutena, Ganondorf, & Bowser
[/collapse]
Goes with the idea of making her a heavier character.

I must say that Palutena's Brawl model looks a little creepy. Like a uncanny valley creepy sort of way. Maybe it's the face throwing me off.

Very little expression. One thing Uprising did better.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
That seems like a perfect size for Palutena, actually. Any chance you can show her next to Pit for scaling purposes?

D

Deleted member

Hypothetically, if she ends up being playable, would that light symbol behind her be behind her at all times....?
If yes, that would get very annoying very fast...

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Most of the Brawl character models were weird. Mario had a pokerface the entire game. :laugh:

@Golden: Maybe. In all the uprising dialogue and OVAs she never really lit up except when she used her powers extensively. I'd imagine that she'd probably light up when she does her specials, FS, and a few magic based normals.

D

Deleted member

The fact that the series is named after her in Japan already makes her a good candidate for the game.

Among other things, she is one of the most likely newcomers for this game. She definitely has my support.

D

Deleted member

The fact that the series is named after her in Japan already makes her a good candidate for the game.
Among other things, she is one of the most likely newcomers for this game. She definitely has my support.
I'm all for arguing her case as being the next prominent character in the series after Pit, but using the fact the series is named after her (in one country) is a poor argument.

Otherwise, we should have a Metroid included as well for the same reason.

Enlong

Smash Journeyman
We already have the Ultimate Warrior in the game, man. Samus is all kinds of badass.

D

Deleted member

I'm all for arguing her case as being the next prominent character in the series after Pit, but using the fact the series is named after her (in one country) is a poor argument.

Otherwise, we should have a Metroid included as well for the same reason.
I should clarify.

When I brought this up, I was thinking of The Legend of Zelda as an example. Note that "Zelda" indicates the said characters importance in the series. Zelda is a very important character in the series (as much, if not more so than Link) and her name being emphasized throughout the series further press her importance.

Palutena's Mirror can be a case of emphasizing a specific character's importance, in which case, it emphasizes Palutena's importance to the series. Metroid is a different case since it emphasize the importance of a species (I think, haven't played much Metroid), which is why bringing it up as an argument for Metroid's inclusion wouldn't work.

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
Enlong: No, it's the Mirror Shield. I don't think it has anything to do with Palutena at all. (Isn't Mirror Shield the Great Sacred Treasure No.3?)

Enlong

Smash Journeyman
But the Sacred Treasures belong to Palutena. And it's a mirror.

Therefore, it's Palutena's Mirror. :p

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Now, as I have not played Uprising and have only heard of a few of Palutena's moves, what exactly is the "Glyph" move? Sorry if I seem ignorant on that!xD

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Oasis_Swift?

I looked it up, and I think I get it now. It seems like an interesting move, and would be cool as a Special, in my opinion.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
I should clarify.

When I brought this up, I was thinking of The Legend of Zelda as an example. Note that "Zelda" indicates the said characters importance in the series. Zelda is a very important character in the series (as much, if not more so than Link) and her name being emphasized throughout the series further press her importance.

Palutena's Mirror can be a case of emphasizing a specific character's importance, in which case, it emphasizes Palutena's importance to the series. Metroid is a different case since it emphasize the importance of a species (I think, haven't played much Metroid), which is why bringing it up as an argument for Metroid's inclusion wouldn't work.
A Metroid could be in Smash if it wasn't for the fact it doesn't have the proper body build suitable for Smash...

D

Deleted member

Maybe at the stage it was at in Brawl, but remember that Metroids have different life stages, some of which have the proper body shape, such as the Zeta stage or the Omega stage.

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
If I remember I'll do a runthrough of her fights and list some of her attacks. I also have both of her AR cards so I'll take a look at those too.

From what I remember at the moment, she had a defensive fighting style, staying away from Pit and attacking at a distance, but fast dash attacks with her staff and kicks with her legs if Pit got too close.

D

Deleted member

Sexy leg kicks?
Maybe I ought to rethink my position about Hades > Palutena....

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
By "sexy leg" attacks, she pulls off "Mimicutie". (-lwl-);;; Very fast legs there. Maybe that could be her A-A-A Combo akin to Fox or Sheik albeit MUCH faster.

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Alright here's a list of attacks she does based on her boss fights:

1. Does a Farore’s Wind and (Sonic's) Spring-like style rocket jump, creates a small energy wave that hits you. She floats down afterwards.
2. Basic projectile shot, charges it above her head.
3. Shouts "Cover your eyes" and uses her staff to cover the screen in a blinding light.
4. Launches 3 pillars of light energy at you in a wave shot.
5. Holds her shield out and creates a single shield-like projectile that blocks most attacks.
6. Creates a giant pillar of light that covers her body and tries to slam into you.
7. Same as 2, just as a spread shot.
8. Summons a centurion.
9. In Chapter 3, she creates a giant beam of light that rains down from the sky. She calls it her "Palutena Glam Blaster," and later calls it the "Sacred Goddess Clobberlaser."
- These are from her imposter fight in Chapter 24:
10. Uses her shield similar to 5 to create two turrets that fire mini projectiles on you.
11. Machine guns mini projectiles at you, they also cause the poison status.
12. Launches forward and does a headbutt.
13. Similar to 2, but creates a large energy beam.

IMO:

N-Special: 2
U-Special: 1
S-Special: 8
D-Special: 5 or 6
Final Smash: 9
U-tilt or U-Air: 12

Definitely can see her as a defensive/projectile based character who's like a heavier Zelda without Sheik and the many weaker and less sweetspot based standards.

cloud9

Smash Cadet
Unless Kid Icarus gets another game soon, I don't think Palutena, or any other secondary Kid Icarus rep will get in.

Bdblazen

Smash Cadet
I actually think that the odds are in her favor. They're not going to bring the series back from a 25 year slumber for nothing. And Sakurai created the game so that should increase the odds right? Now if kid Icarus does get another rep, Palutena would be a given. Besides pit, she's was the most important character in Uprising.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Posting to tell the supporters that Palutena is up for voting in Rate Their Chances. Just don't take the game too seriously, but show your support!^_^

Have fun, everyone!

AdmN30

Smash Apprentice
NNID
AdmiralN
Switch FC
SW-2324-3227-3622
I don’t think Palutena is that necessary. Throughout most of Kid Icarus: Uprising she just sends Pit to fight and commentate over him. She doesn’t physically fight the armies herself.
Also, when she fights Pit she is under the control of someone or something else. Yes, I know she is capable of those combat powers, but when we see her use them, she’s not conscious and it’s against her will.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Now, tell me where in Stack Up or Gyromite did ROB use laserbeams or fly?

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
I don’t think Palutena is that necessary. Throughout most of Kid Icarus: Uprising she just sends Pit to fight and commentate over him. She doesn’t physically fight the armies herself.
Also, when she fights Pit she is under the control of someone or something else. Yes, I know she is capable of those combat powers, but when we see her use them, she’s not conscious and it’s against her will.
But the important part is that she is able to use the moves herself and that she has fighting ability. That's more than can be said for characters whose movesets were created for Smash(such as the SF characters or Captain Falcon), and the characters that were never really shown to have any sort of combat ability, such as Zelda (whose attacks don't even work the same way they did in OoT) and ROB, as Opossum said.

AdmN30

Smash Apprentice
NNID
AdmiralN
Switch FC
SW-2324-3227-3622
But the important part is that she is able to use the moves herself and that she has fighting ability. That's more than can be said for characters whose movesets were created for Smash(such as the SF characters or Captain Falcon), and the characters that were never really shown to have any sort of combat ability, such as Zelda (whose attacks don't even work the same way they did in OoT) and ROB, as Opossum said.
For the record, I wasn’t trying to say that she wouldn’t work moveset wise. My point was that I don’t think she’s an overly necessary addition compared to other characters.

Top Bottom