• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

MKGD: A new Bat watches over the town

Virtual Kruncher

Smash Journeyman
Nah son I got dat PSTriple it be ballin.

But seriously, Xbox360 and PS3 have like nothing but the same games, it doesn't matter which one you get since each one exclusive has an equivalent on the other system.
In that case, what is the equivalent of Halo 3 on the PS3?

If you say MGS4 I'm gonna...

Gates

Banned via Warnings
In that case, what is the equivalent of Halo 3 on the PS3?

If you say MGS4 I'm gonna...
Trick question. The Modern Warfare series is better than Halo 3 and it's multiplatform.

Why would I say MGS4? That's not even remotely the same genre.

Virtual Kruncher

Smash Journeyman
Trick question. The Modern Warfare series is better than Halo 3 and it's multiplatform.

Why would I say MGS4? That's not even remotely the same genre.
2 games =/= 3 games.

Edit; I guess I should have made that clearer, the 360 has Halo 3, CoD4 and MW2, the PS3 does not have Halo 3.

So, in the end, I fail.

Gates

Banned via Warnings
+1 movie too
lol I actually jokes with a friend of mine who works at a Gamestop while he was on duty that I wanted to return my PS3 because it wasn't playing games since PS3 has no games. I cited several "movies" too:

Heavy Rain (obvious)
MGS4 (towards the end of the game there are more cutscenes than moments of gameplay)
Uncharted 2 (aka Indiana Jones IV)
God of War III (so many quick time events, it's like Heavy Rain with better controls)
Flower (a collection of short films)
Valkyria Chronicles (I remembered when I heard they were making a Valkyria Chronicles anime...the first thing I thought was "that's so redundant, Valkyria Chronicles already is an anime")
Eye of Judgment (come on, it has a ****ing camera, isn't it obvious?)
FFXIII (you just auto-battle the whole time anyway)

I don't believe any of that btw lol I was joking*.

*Except about Heavy Rain, MGS4, Uncharted 2, and Valkyria Chronicles. But all of those are still good games. Except Heavy Rain. That movie sucks.

KassandraNova

Smash Master
3DS FC
4167-5079-1850
I have a 360 that I almost never play on now a days thanks to Brawl. Used to play Halo 3 competitively, now I'm all bleh. Although I really want to start playing Alien versus Predator again, because I am a kick *** alien. ^_^ Left 4 Dead on the 360 is also really fun, but it's waaay better on PC imo.

IIIIRICK

Smash Journeyman
well, call of duty is a more casual game. which i dont like.

halo takes way more skill and is far more competitve, so i guess that why i like it more.

gives me a challenge.

Gates

Banned via Warnings
i watched MGS4 and all i got was game play
Did you only watch the first 3 chapters or did the person doing the Let's Play skip all the cutscenes?

Did you just honestly say COD is better than halo?
umm, yeah. I can't speak on the competitive aspects of either aside from Halo being more deep if only because it has melee weapons and vehicles and CoD4 is more campy.

well, call of duty is a more casual game. which i dont like.

halo takes way more skill and is far more competitve, so i guess that why i like it more.

gives me a challenge.
Halo was just as casual before Modern Warfare came out.

But yeah, can you explain why exactly? I really don't play shooters (I suck at them lol) so I don't know about the competitive aspects. I know CoD4 is really campy and you can just sit there and snipe and do a good job, but other than that I don't know about either.

Dark 3nergy

Smash Hero
NNID
Gambit.7
3DS FC
4313-0369-9934
Switch FC
SW-5498-4166-5599
they showed everything in the game and talked over the cutscenes because it got that ridiculous

Dark 3nergy

Smash Hero
NNID
Gambit.7
3DS FC
4313-0369-9934
Switch FC
SW-5498-4166-5599
thats what DDDs do to baddies

sit strutin

awwwwwwwww yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

IIIIRICK

Smash Journeyman
Halo is more competitive because of how much teamwork it takes and commutation is needed. One player Can not win a championship by himself, he needs good players with him for support. Not only that it takes more than 1 shot to kill someone :/

In cod its really campy as you said. I was watching videos of pro gameplay of cod and it was depressing. They were all camping on top of roofs or around corners. Cod also takes a lot less team work.

IIIIRICK

Smash Journeyman
You could argue the inverse and say that Halo rewards reckless play by making everyone a bullet sponge.
thats where the teamwork comes into play. If you are reckless then you will get double teamed or even triple teamed and ultimately giving up map control which leads to a spawn kill and so on. Being reckless is a very bad idea.

Dark 3nergy

Smash Hero
NNID
Gambit.7
3DS FC
4313-0369-9934
Switch FC
SW-5498-4166-5599
you'd be surprised what the last few pages have been about

of course you wouldnt of been there because your a gay babby

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
The game IS called Wario Woods

Wood is in the name

Dark 3nergy

Smash Hero
NNID
Gambit.7
3DS FC
4313-0369-9934
Switch FC
SW-5498-4166-5599
Wario aint got nothin on Tiger Woods mayne

hes the worlds most legit $$$pimp

Dark 3nergy

Smash Hero
NNID
Gambit.7
3DS FC
4313-0369-9934
Switch FC
SW-5498-4166-5599
making those millions playing MLG[golf mind you]
this also means you wont be making jack **** from anything in smash lolololol god****

i guess he needed more than one woman to help him out in sharing his ****

Gates

Banned via Warnings
lol nothing in this thread gets taken seriously.

Post it in like the matchup thread or the Q&A thread.

L_Cancel

Smash Champion
LOl yeah. Fino told me 3 different locations he wanted me to post the video. Then 15 minutes later it was switched to private. I got trolled. ;___;

Top Bottom