• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

MKGD: A new Bat watches over the town

Tero.

Smash Champion
MK boards are boooring lulz.
I'm going to create my own texture anytime soon.

Gates

Banned via Warnings
You see, the reason that this thread is so inactive is because the MK community is very different from other character communities.

In most character communities, dozens of players collaborate to find ATs, work on matchups, help new players, and improve the metagame overall.

In the MK community, everyone just copies M2K and Dojo.

EDIT: Actually, that's really not true and it was wrong of me to generalize all MK mains.

A lot of MK mains copy Plank too.

Gates

Banned via Warnings
If you're so awesome, how come you can't beat Anther?

Master Raven

Smash Master
What is everyone's worst matchups right now? I really need to work on MK dittos, and I am ****ing godawful at fighting Olimar. I know MK has the advantage on Olimar but I just don't know how to play that matchup very well at all.

Gates

Banned via Warnings
I'm bad against Diddys with MK and G&W. All those ****ing bananas are annoying as hell. Diddy can't kill for **** though so I go Dedede against him and live to like 180%.

Tero.

Smash Champion
Well I really hate MK Dittos and I much rather go DDD or Snake in that MU.
ROB was my worst MU for a pretty long time, then I ***** every single ROB and now I lost to some ROB even though he was clearly worse than me.

PwnerBren7

Smash Journeyman
What is your opinion on playing more than one character? Currently I am playing as 3, but I don't know if I should just stick with one.

Also, I have a lot of trouble with Diddys. **** bananas. @_@

etecoon

Smash Hero
olimar is probably my worst, I really don't understand how MK is oli's worst MU, I do better with my marth that I don't really practice lol

and I play a lot of characters myself, I focus most of my effort on MK but I play snake, wario, GAW, DDD, falco, wolf, lucario, marth, ROB, and captain falcon some also. competitively I only really play MK, but I mess around with a lot of characters in friendlies sometimes

Tero.

Smash Champion
What is your opinion on playing more than one character? Currently I am playing as 3, but I don't know if I should just stick with one.

I play all top and high tier characters and some mid/low tiers, even though I only use 3 of them in tournaments. I tried playing just one character but that's just stupid if you have 2 other characters which are on the same level and do better in some MU's.

It's your choice tho.

Staco

Smash Champion

If you play a Top Tier char you mostly dont need a secondary. Secondarys can be good for bad MUs and MUs which you dont get with your main.
As MK, Snake and Wario you dont need a 2nd, they can still beat every other char.

@ Gates
For every char some people copy stuff from better players.
But seriously, look at all the MK players. They dont play like M2K and Dojo:
Tyrant, Spammer!, KSizzl etc.
They doesnt look the same like M2K or Dojo and they use a lot different stuff.
Only some things like UAir strings are copied, but if they would find a UAir string for DDD, every DDD would use it after some time.

Gates

Banned via Warnings
@ Gates
For every char some people copy stuff from better players.
But seriously, look at all the MK players. They dont play like M2K and Dojo:
Tyrant, Spammer!, KSizzl etc.
They doesnt look the same like M2K or Dojo and they use a lot different stuff.
Only some things like UAir strings are copied, but if they would find a UAir string for DDD, every DDD would use it after some time.
I was just kidding dude, geez.

Social thread?

Hey guys, anyone want to talk about Magic again? xD
lol hell yeah I do. Did you play type one or was it just Deoxys? I can't remember.

Dude seriously, we've hijacked something like 3 or 4 threads just talking about Magic in here. It's crazy.
CRAZY AWESOME.

So Friday night I discovered Type One Ichorid. Good times.

Before that I was testing Richard Shay's Meditate/Mystic Remora deck. Also good times.

Affinity

Smash Hero
NNID
Affinity2412
I hate it when people get into big Magic discussions. It makes it harder to search for my name.

Gates

Banned via Warnings
lol

Don't worry Affinity. AFAIK it's a fringe deck in every format it's legal in (except Type 1 where it's a dead deck), so unless anyone's talking about how it dominated standard 50 years ago it probably won't be brought up at all.

Infinitysmash

Smash Champion
Worst standard format ever. >.<"

Ironically, I played 0 Affinity decks at my regionals that year o.O

Is anyone else having fun with the M10 rules yet? I think they should have the wording from the new cards in Smash. "When Metaknight enters the battlefield, press B to frustrate target opponent." xD

Affinity

Smash Hero
NNID
Affinity2412
I'm considering writing a new, updated Meta Knight guide for the MK boards.

What do you guys think?

Crizthakidd

Smash Champion
affinity that vid was sooo good lmao

we need a new guide too -_- tallk about indeph things especially

Affinity

Smash Hero
NNID
Affinity2412
But MW-E dominates all the MW-W tourneys anyway, so it really doesn't matter.
1: Anther ($286.20) - Pikachu
2: Affinity ($143.10) - Meta Knight (MW-W)
3: Joker ($47.70) - Snake (MW-W)
4: Domo - Meta Knight (MW-W)
5: Judge - Meta Knight
5: ASC - Olimar (MW-W)
7: Lain - ICs/DDD
7: Zeton - Fox (MW-W)

Top Bottom