• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

MLG Championship: Dallas 2010 - November 5th-7th - $35,000 in prizes

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tmacc

Smash Lord
i don't think md/va is interested...besides me, of course

it's like a 22 hour drive or summat, which would be, what...one tank of gas every five hours, let's say, both ways would be approximately 9 fills of $40 each so, $360

between five people, that's $72 each, plus the $45 pass so it'd be $97...plus whatever food and stuff so let's just say $150 for the whole weekend, if we got free housing

the difficulty, though, is driving non-stop without getting a hotel or something along the way

****'s rough
I'm fairly certain housing somewhere shouldn't be a problem, I think there are a lot of smashers in the area.

That driving is rough though...is there a bus or anything from near where you live to somewhere near TX or anything? I'm sure that would be a huge hassle to figure out, but if you really want to go and can work it out, it's an option.

Either way, if gas is going to be that much, and the ride that long, with no one else really interested in splitting, flying might be the way to go. If you buy now, it might not be terribly expensive, it would be faster, and also save you the energy driving.
IMO, flying would be your best option if you really want to come...haha

heytallman

CTALL
the difficulty, though, is driving non-stop without getting a hotel or something along the way

****'s rough
lol my family generally drives from Houston to PA to visit family every year, nonstop. Since I was a wee lad. No johns.

It would be cool if you could make it though.

Coney

Smash Master
Coneyyyyy, you just have to have a car with people who can drive, like ya boy, ask TKbrO bout me lmaooooo
alright, on my way to his room now, i sho--

nevermind man i'm way too tired for this

yeah flights are roughly $200 round-trip which i guess isn't bad, and bussing is about the same price, but i'd rather spend the weekend taking my little lady to NYC or something than potentially getting bracket-****ed halfway across the country. i heard about student discounts and stuff but they all sound like a whole lotta hoops to jump through for a $15 rebate or some silly ****

i've had relatively favorable brackets so far and i just know the one time i decide to put a huge investment in traveling ima be sooper dooper screwed

oh well, i'm still as hyped as a waddle dee

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
YESSSSSSSS.

Just don't go ICs and we'll be fine. :)

:069: See, guys? That wasn't so bad this time.

Haha don't worry I play 100% GW in teams. Unless we play a double kirby team:

<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/HmSBeT8I2fg?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/HmSBeT8I2fg?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

Jordan, doesn't Lucas/GW sound fun?
Um..not really. I hate lucas lol.

MLG_Deimos

<font color="dimgray"><b><i>MLG Administrator</i><
TODAY IS THE LAST DAY FOR YOU TO BOOK YOUR DALLAS HOTEL ROOM IN THE MLG BLOCK:

HILTON ANATOLE
2201 Stemmons Freeway
Dallas, TX 75207

Rate: $129/night
Deadline: 10/19

Reservation phone: 214-761-7261
Book Online

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
Nevermind, figured it out.

Cook

Smash Master
Anyone want to team with an Olimar? Idk if you paid any attention to the DC tournament, but apparently Olimar is broken, so... team with me!

MechWarriorNY

Smash Master
3DS FC
5387-4245-6828
I am somewhat interested in this...
Is there still housing available for OoS players?

z00ted

The Assault of Laughter ﷼
My bad...posted before I saw the stuff on the Q&A thread.
Esam, money match me at MLG Dallas.

If I win, you have to lick my armpit.

If you win, I have to pay you $10.

[FBC] ESAM

Smash Legend
Pikachu for 3rd in the tier list...
And Illmatic, depends how much arm pit hair/sweat there is :p

z00ted

The Assault of Laughter ﷼
sure, that is unless you're trying to help your lil' friend to stop gagging

Poltergust

Smash Master
NNID
Poltergust
3DS FC
3609-1547-9922
That's nasty LOL....

I'm also taking mms vs my luigi except for vs mks.

I'll do some mk ditto mms though
MM me.

...Now that I think about it, I didn't do any of the MMs that I scheduled at MLG DC. Might as well carry those over to this one. :glare:

EDIT: vs. R.O.B.: KiraFlax $5, TeeVee $5, Stockfield $5
vs. Ness: Shaky $5
vs. Marth: mikeHAZE $5
vs. Snake: Takeover $5
vs. Luigi: BigLou $5
vs. Peach: Illmatic $5

:069:

KageMurphy

Smash Master
He also lost to Jbands week old Marth in tourny a few months ago. But of course he was sleepy, had SDs, climbed a mountain, ect.

Inui

Banned via Warnings
Haven't you lost to Zex's Marth everytime you played him Inui?

I'm just curious as to who used vs you in your sets vs each other besides his MK
No. I beat his Marth. Then he won two last hit MK dittos. Next set he used...Snake...

He also lost to Jbands week old Marth in tourny a few months ago. But of course he was sleepy, had SDs, climbed a mountain, ect.
So? The past is the past. After that, I massacred Jband's Marth to the point where he quit Marth vs MK, and I proceeded to beat Minty and Zex's Marths in tournament.

derp derp

ANTi_

Smash Hero
Inui... so dumb.

I love when you say "Blank is so free" when you make that assumption off of playing people who aren't even top top notch with the character.

It's like me saying "Meta Knight sux" when i've been playing against [K]ORNS (No offense he's good but not S class) the whole time.

I'll gurantee you'll lose to Mikehaze.

Inui

Banned via Warnings
Mike is different. He's the best with that character. Ally complains about Marth in general, and according to AiB got ***** by Xzax's lolololololol.

heytallman

CTALL
NickRiddle, there's that $1 match I challenged you to in that Lucas thread! Or, we can just play a serious friendly. One dollar is like nothing.

Xyro77

Unity Ruleset Committee Member
I GOT 3 MAJOR QUESTIONS!!!

1. Anybody wanna MM in Low Tier at MLG?

2. I will be dropped off at the Best Western Market Center friday afternoon. Is anybody staying at that hotel? if so, could i maybe sleep in yalls room? Yes i can help pay! The address is:

2023 Market Center Blvd
Dallas, TX 75207.

3. Whats up?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom