• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

MLG Columbus 2010 - June 4-6th - $7,000 - Ally, M2K...everyone!

Status
Not open for further replies.

So Fatal

Smash Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by -ANTi- View Post
Wow $140 dollar plane tickets. Idk why Plane tickets at my airport are so expensive, mainly why i dont travel.

i'll find a way.

thats it? round trip? thats nothing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by greatness_007 View Post
Lol u think thats expensive...razer spent around 330 for winterfest(round trip of course)

pretty sure anti was wowing at how low 140 is. and that his plane tickets are much more expensive than that.

Gnes

Smash Master
I'm here. :]
uh....yay lol
Quote:
Originally Posted by -ANTi- View Post
Wow $140 dollar plane tickets. Idk why Plane tickets at my airport are so expensive, mainly why i dont travel.

i'll find a way.

Quote:
Originally Posted by greatness_007 View Post
Lol u think thats expensive...razer spent around 330 for winterfest(round trip of course)

pretty sure anti was wowing at how low 140 is. and that his plane tickets are much more expensive than that.
ahh i see.

Ill be getting here for super cheap hopefully, my dad gets a special deal from southwest airlines for 100$ roundtrip if i plan 21 days in advance.

YUM!

FuRyOf1000SuNs

Smash Journeyman
This is only a 7 hour drive from DC (I know cause I make the drive several times a year).
This is only a 9-10 hour drive from Jersey (based on traveling to COT4 and housing in Jersey)

East Coast better be here in full force.
Only a 9-10 hour drive.. (sarcastic tone)

But The King's Court will be here as well, though we're probably just gonna dish out the money to fly cuz I reallyyyy don't feel like driving for that long.. time is money baby

GimR

GimR, Co-Founder of VGBootCamp
NNID
VGBC_GimR
I will definitely be at this one. If MLG allows it I can see this one reaching the 250 mark easily

why?

Because people only had 2 months to prepare for Orlando, plus Orlando is in the corner of the country which means a bunch of people had to fly to it.

People have had 4 months to prepare for this one and since its in the midwest people from Main to North Carolina to Tennessee to Minnesota can DRIVE to it.

AlphaZealot

Former Smashboards Owner
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
The cap for this event is 256 players.

I can see us capping based on several factors
1. Orlando was a huge success. Before Orlando people didn't even really know what MLG was...now they do
2. Longer time to prepare
3. Closer proximity to the biggest community (EC)
4. In the summer at a time when most people are on summer break (I'm not yet though :()
5. In biggest community in the MW (Ohio)
6. A double header with the Showdown a week later (only 45 minutes from where MLG Columbus will be

Dojo

Smash Champion
If I were to arrive at noon on Friday, would I be able to get transportation from the airport to the venue in time?

TheTantalus

Smash Hero
I'll be here at all costs.

Just confirmed I'll have off for this! I'm off thursday and friday, but NOT off monday. It was the best I could do. So people that are joining me- see the md/va carpool thread in the BCTR to figure things out. I need to leave by mid day sunday.

Solid Jake

The Arcanum
To MLG: do you think that a petition might help nintendo get on the ball with live stream? We know you want to provide it to us and were prepared to help fight for it.

TheTantalus

Smash Hero
^^Yeah I agree with this. MLG really needs to make the livestream happen to make the event more exciting. Whatever the cost is will be worth it. Also, we'll help in anyway possible. Between AiB, Gamebattles, Smashboards, and gamefaqs i'm pretty sure we can pull it off

AlphaZealot

Former Smashboards Owner
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
^^Yeah I agree with this. MLG really needs to make the livestream happen to make the event more exciting. Whatever the cost is will be worth it. Also, we'll help in anyway possible. Between AiB, Gamebattles, Smashboards, and gamefaqs i'm pretty sure we can pull it off
If the cost is legal action against MLG from Nintendo then would definitely not be worth it. Then not only would we not have livestream, but we wouldn't have a brawl tournament all together and it may even ruin MLG.

I did tell Clap about the audio only stream idea. He didn't shoot it down right away and said to talk about it post event.

[FBC] ESAM

Smash Legend
I WILL BE HERE TO DEFEND MY TITLE AS BEST PIKACHU IN THE HISTORY OF FOREVER!

Florida might be getting a van and driving up here, having the best players come. Get@us?

Lobos

Smash Master
Oh snaps MLG columbus....

Players may not use a controller with Turbo capabilities or Wireless capabilities.
....looks like I'll be at home reading someone's twitter......:p

Solid Jake

The Arcanum
So I guess I'll start a list for a friendly petition to send to nintendo requesting them to grant the rights to mlg.

If you are interested in this email me your name and location
jakekulinski@themages.com

If mlg would prefer it if I did not do this simply send me a pm.

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
Why can't there be a stream of the players or of commentators talking so ppl can at least SEE something while their listening to commentated audio?

Any idea when reg will go up for this? I wanna be the first one to buy a ticket lol
uh....yay lol

ahh i see.

Ill be getting here for super cheap hopefully, my dad gets a special deal from southwest airlines for 100$ roundtrip if i plan 21 days in advance.

YUM!
Why don't you come to every single east coast tourney?

AlphaZealot

Former Smashboards Owner
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
So I guess I'll start a list for a friendly petition to send to nintendo requesting them to grant the rights to mlg.

If you are interested in this email me your name and location
jakekulinski@themages.com

If mlg would prefer it if I did not do this simply send me a pm.
Guys, we appreciate that you want to help in anyway possible, but I really don't think MLG wants anyone trying to take matters into their own hands.

Its a nice gesture but could you please not do it.

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
I wonder if not showing up to Orlando then getting 5th at Columbus will get me into that top 16?

Yeeeeaaaaa

M@v

Subarashii!
I wonder if not showing up to Orlando then getting 5th at Columbus will get me into that top 16?

Yeeeeaaaaa
Your not going to get 5th :lick:

But even if you hypothetically did. No.

Unless half of the original top 16 don't make it/get bracket ****ed.

Even then you have to watch out for people who say made 25th at Orlando, but get like 7th/8th at this. They got points for 25th that will add on to their columbus placing.

Solid Jake

The Arcanum
Guys, we appreciate that you want to help in anyway possible, but I really don't think MLG wants anyone trying to take matters into their own hands.

Its a nice gesture but could you please not do it.
That's fine and why I asked if you guys would be opposed to us (being the community) making any form of action. We will just have to cross our fingers and hope for the best then.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom