• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

MLG Columbus 2010 - June 4-6th - $7,000 - Ally, M2K...everyone!

Status
Not open for further replies.

M@v

Subarashii!
Im pretty sure 49th gets points

not many, BUT I STILL GET POINTS!!!!!

Also, how is the wifi ladder going to affect seeding? will it add to your total points pending on your rank?

CO18

Smash Hero
Oh wow I forgot about that wifi crap lol dumb

Atomsk and ADHD gonna end up being 1st and 2nd seed watch

CO18

Smash Hero
It should only effect 17th seeds and below... Im sure m2k wont be too thrilled if he looks back and hes like 4th seed lol cuz of online qualifiers

So Fatal

Smash Master
its all right here

Regular Season Competitions 1st = 1200 9th = 490 17th-24th = 160
2nd = 1000 10th = 460 25th-32nd = 50
3rd = 900 11th = 430 33rd-48th = 5
4th = 800 12th = 400
5th = 700 13th = 340
6th = 650 14th = 310
7th = 600 15th = 280
8th = 550 16th = 250

so idk how my rankings are wrong

AlphaZealot

Former Smashboards Owner
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
Candy always beats me worse then every other snake ever has in tournament, even Ally. Except the last time we played where he 1 stocked me both times but it still was decisive. :( Candy knows that diddy MU. Though Nope has 3 stocked me on two occasions.

Anyways the online stuff will simply get you above people who don't already have live circuit points. Also, while I'm not 100% positive here, people who placed lower then 33rd still get credit for having been at a live competition (they would be seeded higher then someone who has never been to an MLG event, as for if they are above online people or not I'm not sure).

Basically M2K can start to practice the Marth MU in case he fights chaz (1st seed vs 16th seed) come IIRC winners round 5 (might be winners round 4). And so forth (8th vs 9th, 7th vs 10th). The only thing that will gum that up is if someone in the top 16 doesn't show then everyone below that position moves up a spot. As of right now I believe everyone from the top 16 in Orlando plans to be at Columbus but I guess we will see as time goes on.

M@v

Subarashii!
Atomsk, you have to pay like 10-20 dollars to join it =/
Its $7.

Record your matches though. I had my first match disputed. And they throw out every single dispute as a no-game unless there is undeniable proof(videos).

Lots of scrubby kids who can't accept losing on lolfi.

Lesson learned.

So Fatal

Smash Master
Basically pay $7 to make sure you don't face a top seed first round.
don't waste your time doing the Wifi Ladder if you have points. 1 Circuit event point > 1000000000000000000000000 wifi points. People who didn't get points at Orlando should do the ladder for sure though.

and CO im down. we need to talk more at tournaments, **** were suppose to be homiez!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

M@v

Subarashii!
Yeah, I signed up for the ladder before Orlando.

And I got points for Orlando(5 points for placing 49th).

I will probably get a first round bye, but what the hell, how could the ladder hurt? I mean I'm already signed up for it. Good practice for wifi knight ^_^

MLG_Deimos

<font color="dimgray"><b><i>MLG Administrator</i><
Im pretty sure 49th gets points

not many, BUT I STILL GET POINTS!!!!!

Also, how is the wifi ladder going to affect seeding? will it add to your total points pending on your rank?
Players will be seeded using the following criteria, in this order: SSBB Pro Circuit Rank Points and SSBB Online Qualifier Rank Points. Ties will be broken using the next available criterion, or randomly if necessary. Players with no SSBB Rank Points will be seeded randomly. No Players will have SSBB Rank Points to seed the 1v1 Event until the 2nd Pro Circuit Competition.

One Pro Circuit Rank Point is greater than any amount of Online Qualifier Rank Points.

When do I sign up for that nonsense?
Registration for the Columbus Pro Circuit Event will open May 5th at 7 PM EST.

The Online Qualifier for Columbus has already started, and registration will end tonight (April 23rd at 11:59 PM EST). To register, go here: http://gamebattles.com/wii/smash-bros/pro-circuit/10-mlg-pcoq-columbus/standings

The ladder will end April 25th.

its all right here

Regular Season Competitions 1st = 1200 9th = 490 17th-24th = 160
2nd = 1000 10th = 460 25th-32nd = 50
3rd = 900 11th = 430 33rd-48th = 5
4th = 800 12th = 400
5th = 700 13th = 340
6th = 650 14th = 310
7th = 600 15th = 280
8th = 550 16th = 250

so idk how my rankings are wrong
I wasn't implying your points were incorrect. I was just saying that the seeds you gave people may not be necessarily correct. You should wait until there is an official point breakdown.

what is this online event? when is it, where is the info for it?
The Online Qualifier can be found here: http://gamebattles.com/wii/smash-bros/pro-circuit/10-mlg-pcoq-columbus/rules

Play for the Online Qualifier for Columbus will end on April 25th, and you will have till April 23rd (Today) at 11:59 PM EST to register for it. The Online Qualifier is a way for players to earn seeding points. Additionally, the top 32 teams from the ladder will earn the opportunity to purchase a reserved player pass for Columbus, so you don't have to worry about passes selling out.

MLG_Deimos

Deimos, if I have pro circuit ranking points, then I shouldn't need to do the ladder right?
The ladder is not just for Rank Points. It is also to earn the opportunity to purchase a reserved player pass. This can be important considering we have had passes sell out in under 5 minutes in the past. Now whether that will happen for SSBB in Columbus or not, I don't know. But the top 32 players from the Online Qualifier will earn that opportunity so they don't have to worry about not getting a player pass.

But to answer your question directly, if you earned Orlando Pro Circuit Rank Points, those points count more than any number of Online Qualifier points.

Dark 3nergy

Smash Hero
NNID
Gambit.7
3DS FC
4313-0369-9934
Switch FC
SW-5498-4166-5599
book marked, coming to this >:O hopefully my folks wont mind too much seeing as my birthday is the 5th >_>

M@v

Subarashii!
Eh. I shoulda waited to sign up for the ladder. I don't really need it since I got points lol. Oh well, ill do it anyway in case those passes are up for grabs.

AlphaZealot

Former Smashboards Owner
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
So....

Next pro circuit ladder I will make sure to hype. Dropped the ball on this one :(.

I will probably get a first round bye, but what the hell, how could the ladder hurt? I mean I'm already signed up for it. Good practice for wifi knight ^_^
Columbus better cap, which means no one gets a bye.

MLG_Deimos

Hrm! I didn't even realize there was a ladder. But it costs to join?
Yea, its 10 credits to join (around 7$).

I made a couple posts about it when it opened, and then throughout ladder play.

When the next one opens, I'll make all my posts in cap and red ;)

clowsui

Smash Legend
@Vinnie the venue is a convention center. Probably the ballroom is going to be used

The center in general is FANTASTIC. You can easily split up multiple games/sponsors across multiple rooms. It's used for Ohayocon; anybody who's been will tell you that it is AMAZING.

Vinnie

Smash Master
:o Yeh I've been searching for nearby hotels. Can't wait for this! It was sooo hard to persuade my mom lol.

edit: Oh, I just got word that MLG will probably hook us up with hotel deals? :o

[FBC] ESAM

Smash Legend
I might not be able to go to this. My school ends a week later then I thought, so I'll be looking up plane stuff soon. Hopefully there is one for Friday at like 1:30 and sunday at like 7

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom