• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

MLG Columbus 2010 Results - Full Singles & Doubles Results NOW UP!

D

Deleted member

San was the highest placer from tristate area....
Ike is cool

Sky Pirate

The best defense is a lot of frigging healing
NNID
SkyPirateCoud
3DS FC
1590-4884-8497
A Ness, Ike, and Zero Suit in top sixteen. Good stuff.
And only seven Metaknights, too.

D

Deleted member

Less than 50% of top 16 being the BEST CHARACTER IN THE GAME is very anti-ban. In most fighting communities itd be wayy more than 50%.

MK was the only character used by more than one person in top 16 tho xD

TheTantalus

Smash Hero
Congrats to all the top placers. San, Choice, and Nick Riddle are the most impressive to me. Well done!

MD/VA and the atlantic north in general will work on being much tougher for the future. We have work to do!

Latias

Smash Journeyman
7 of 16 are meta knight.. im to tired to do maths at 11:24 pm, but thats out of about 35-39 characters...

o-Serin-o

I think 56 nights crazy
This event has had more upsets than any event in the history of brawl.

San beating judge
San beating richbrown
Ook beating mikeHaze
Wifi wario beating dehf
Nick beating ally
Lee beating dojo

much much more....
Ook beat BigLou as well.

CO18

Smash Hero
I was supposed to beat sbrk he won first mk vs ddd then I jv 2ed him with wario then he went ddd and it was last hit meant to fart when he was bout to fair and side bed on accident :(

Dekar173

Justice Man
I was supposed to beat sbrk he won first mk vs ddd then I jv 2ed him with wario then he went ddd and it was last hit meant to fart when he was bout to fair and side bed on accident :(
no johns co you got your pro status no need to john ;)

M@v

Subarashii!
So in the fl hotel room, esam was singing along with party in the usa, which is on his wii. It was quite entertaining. Co, your mine next time.

Oh yeah, on topic, I got ***** this tourney, yay. Choked in my winners set and lylat gave me the finger in losers :D

Inui

Banned via Warnings
If Ike is placing that high, people aren't playing gay enough or have no idea what they're doing. I'm not saying San isn't amazing, since he is, but Ike is a horrendously bad piece of garbage.

Congrats to those that pulled off the upsets, won with bad characters, etc.

I'm glad Atomsk didn't fail too hard.

Nintendude

Smash Hero
If Ike is placing that high, people aren't playing gay enough or have no idea what they're doing. I'm not saying San isn't amazing, since he is, but Ike is a horrendously bad piece of garbage.

Congrats to those that pulled off the upsets, won with bad characters, etc.

I'm glad Atomsk didn't fail too hard.
idk San's able to use Ike's moveset to trap you in terrible positions and then cover every option you have while staying safe for the most part. It's not just San that's winning, it's the character too. He's exploring new territory with Ike that makes him not a "horrendously bad piece of garbage" anymore.

Turbo Ether

Smash Master
idk San's able to use Ike's moveset to trap you in terrible positions and then cover every option you have while staying safe for the most part. It's not just San that's winning, it's the character too. He's exploring new territory with Ike that makes him not a "horrendously bad piece of garbage" anymore.
That's a really generic description of San's strategy for Ike, that could be used to describe any character.

Regardless, people losing to bad characters isn't suprising, because the vast, vast majority of this community fails at applying basic fighting game principles or developing thoughtful playstyles.

t3h Icy

Smash Master
Regardless, people losing to bad characters isn't suprising, because the vast, vast majority of this community fails at applying basic fighting game principles or developing thoughtful playstyles.
This.

10chars

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
For the OP: Choice is generally a Wolf player, who uses Falco as a 2nd. I'm sure he used Wolf most of the time or at least a lot.

:059:

Shadow 111

Smash Lord
You know, I've noticed it's almost always people who have never done anything notable in a tournament who say things like that.
Ether is an incredibly smart player who's very knowledgeable about brawl and fighting games in general. He doesn't attend tournaments much anymore.
You don't have to be a top player to see what's blatantly obvious.

Dark 3nergy

Smash Hero
NNID
Gambit.7
3DS FC
4313-0369-9934
Switch FC
SW-5498-4166-5599
You know, I've noticed it's almost always people who have never done anything notable in a tournament who say things like that.
they've possibly never fought san either, nor bothered to watch him play.

I watched alot of his matches, its like poetry the way he spaces everything he does. <3333 i love the guy and his ike

Col. Stauffenberg

Smash Lord
You don't have to be a top player, but it strikes me as stupid to bemoan how easy it is to do allllllll this crap that nobody does right when you're not doing it either.

Shadow 111

Smash Lord
You don't have to be a top player, but it strikes me as stupid to bemoan how easy it is to do allllllll this crap that nobody does right when you're not doing it either.
I think you're completely misunderstanding what ether was saying. He's not saying it's "easy" to win because people don't have the right mindset about the matchup. He's even said before that san is an amazing player. He just thinks that ike SHOULDN'T be able to win if the opponent completely exploits the character's flaws.
Which, i agree with, for now, sadly. I would much rather that wasn't true and i hope san does prove me wrong by staying consistent, though.

Dark 3nergy

Smash Hero
NNID
Gambit.7
3DS FC
4313-0369-9934
Switch FC
SW-5498-4166-5599
i need to get in touch with co, esam, seibrik about driving back to the air port tomorrow morning. Just in case i cannot find them at the venue, please someone tell them TO COME TALK TO ME ASAP.

Monday morning traffic = GAY

Top Bottom