• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

MLG National Championship Results (Full Results!)

johnkim

Smash Journeyman
KDJ went Fox the whole PC set.

The supposed Ken counter is my term, I think I said he was 8-3, thats actually a typo, it is really 9-3 (3-1 in Orlando, 6-2 in Vegas).
wait, so ken and kdj had never played each other before orlando?

cwjalex

Smash Journeyman
i'm positive they have played before, and DJ lost...i remember him telling me. 2-1 i think but im not positive

Arash

Smash Lord
ken did beat him at OC2, so....

maybe shiek is too much vs marth?

in any case, good ish to the fighters:)

AlphaZealot

Former Smashboards Owner
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
Wow that drawing is like a year old lol.

In MLG, I think it stands at:

Orlando
Fox versus Marth: KDJ wins
Sheik versus Marth: KDJ wins
Sheik versus Marth: Ken wins

Vegas
Sheik versus Fox: KDJ wins
Sheik versus Falcon: KDJ wins

This is only from mlg, but its 9-3 in favor of KDJ.

Fox Hater

Smash Journeyman
Man I want to see those vids especially fox vs marth match up. Anyone knows a link or something for me to download them. Also was the fox vs marth a stage counterpick from KDJ or KEN

jv3x3

Smash Champion
Man I want to see those vids especially fox vs marth match up. Anyone knows a link or something for me to download them. Also was the fox vs marth a stage counterpick from KDJ or KEN
BUY VOD! mlgpro.com

jv3x3

Smash Champion
First off i want to send a big thank you to all the staff. Omni, Bach, Alpha, Overswarm (well for an event or so haha), and jason. You guys all did a great job and the season couldnt have been as succssful as it was without you. Also a big thanks to all the people who volunteered and helped out during the season. Pools, Commentary, whatever, I really appreciate it. Scamp, Mathos, Drephen, Big C, DA DAVE, Tope, Tink, Hugs, Husband, Wife, Ken, Demised, Ashley, and probably a ton of people i am forgetting. Thanks a ton

Next I wanted to shout out the community. Smash really does have a great community and everyone brings something unique to the table. Despite any differences we all can just kick it and smash. All the pros at NYC and Vegas provided the best smash i have ever seen. So enough cant be said about that. It was cool seeing Da Dave out in Cali wheelchair, bunny ears, and all, M2K's Dad throughout the season, Dire running around after he won a DS and way to many other great memories this season.

So yea, basically thanks for showing love all season everyone.

JV OUT

AlphaZealot

Former Smashboards Owner
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
The Fox versus Marth was the first game of the set in Orlando, not a counterpick. I don't recall just what stage it was, but I do remember Ken counterpicked Battlefield afterwards and KoreanDJ switched to Sheik.

As for Vegas, the stages go:

Fountain of Dreams
Final Destination
Battlefield
Pokemon Stadium
Yoshi Story
Battlefield
Pokemon Stadium
Final Destination

DynamicDuo

Smash Lord
First off i want to send a big thank you to all the staff. Omni, Bach, Alpha, Overswarm (well for an event or so haha), and jason. You guys all did a great job and the season couldnt have been as succssful as it was without you. Also a big thanks to all the people who volunteered and helped out during the season. Pools, Commentary, whatever, I really appreciate it. Scamp, Mathos, Drephen, Big C, DA DAVE, Tope, Tink, Hugs, Husband, Wife, Ken, Demised, Ashley, and probably a ton of people i am forgetting. Thanks a ton

Next I wanted to shout out the community. Smash really does have a great community and everyone brings something unique to the table. Despite any differences we all can just kick it and smash. All the pros at NYC and Vegas provided the best smash i have ever seen. So enough cant be said about that. It was cool seeing Da Dave out in Cali wheelchair, bunny ears, and all, M2K's Dad throughout the season, Dire running around after he won a DS and way to many other great memories this season.

So yea, basically thanks for showing love all season everyone.

JV OUT

Wow! Direvulcan won a DS lite? cool was it the white, black or the (what i'd like to call the yogurt) pink.

Vegard

Smash Lord
The crowd was going crazy in the matches between Ken and Mew2king during Azen and Chus loser bracket matches :p Wife forgot to tell about what really happened between m2k and Ken :(

So, which chars did you use Mew2king?

Vegard

Smash Lord
I saw you two stocked Ken in one of the crew battle matches in a _three stock_ match.

Impressive =p

They did actually send a lot of Smash on VoD this tournament, they sent every possible match from singles they could.

araknophobik

Smash Master
I really thought Azen would do better.
Azen got national choksies again :laugh:

every year there's always talk about azen being better than ken, and just like last year, azen goes home from nationals placing lower than usual =/

im proud to say that i slept in the same bed as KDJ at dsf's house for mlg anaheim ^_^

AlphaZealot

Former Smashboards Owner
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
It would be the second time in an MLG. He had a 9th or 13th placement last season at one.

He has also had a 4th last year (IIRC).

At local tournaments, I believe his worst showing is 5th (at some of his own festages). At real local tournaments/national nonmlg tournaments I can't remember him ever placing lower than 3rd or 4th.

Oddly enough this is also the second most he has ever made at a tournament, behind his 3000 he recieved for second place at last seasons nationals.

D1

Banned via Administration
Yeah propz to Jv, Alpha, Omni, and whoever else for putting up w/ losers that don't report their win/loss or go to their matches period...for a whole day I might add. Its like being a teacher @ school. Good sh** for havin such patience. Hearing someone getting DQed never sounded any better ^_^.

Nite

Smash Champion
I think MLG should make keychains of the pros. Or like KDJ bobbleheads. Know that, I would pay money for.

Top Bottom