• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

MLG Orlando 2010 Results (Apr 16-19) $7,000, COME TO MLG COLUMBUS IN JUNE!

Max Ketchum

Collegiate Starleague Smash Director
There's a Will and a Will_ that were in all likelihood both here. Please make sure there's no confusion between the two--regular Will is Broccoli_Kong.

judge!

Smash Ace
i love the variety in the top 16 results. hmmm and everyone said mk would dominate the top 16

AlphaZealot

Former Smashboards Owner
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
Yay Judge is back! You and rest of MW better represent at Columbus.

And no, there were not any stage shenagans. Ironically the stages complained about were like...Cruise and Brinstar.

judge!

Smash Ace
indeed im back haha. and i cant wait for columbus!

and ill show esam why anther cant win anymore!!!!!!

vVv Rapture

Smash Lord
Writing Team
Did anyone counterpick Green Greens or Norfair? I'd like to see some VoD of that, lol.

Good tournament, by the way. At least we were kept up to date fairly well, but that's besides the point. Everyone did awesome. Pikachu and Luigi in Top 8 blew my mind.

Can't wait for Columbus.

CO18

Smash Hero
yea i know esam cped green greens vs tyrant, dsf cped norfair vs esam, sizzle and malcolm cped norfair vs me and wyatt i saw norfair quite a few times. esam vs dsf was only time i saw green greens, didnt see ps2.
Hopefully they get removed so we dont have to waste a ban on one of them lol. Greens greens is so dumb

ANTi_

Smash Hero
Needs moar prossss.

Me
Dojo
Fiction
SK92

/Others must go to Columbus or something. even tho i hear Ohio is boring.

joeysmash

Smash Ace
NNID
papakarcher
Dude MLG WAS AWESOME! it was the first big tourney i ever went to and it was great meeting a ton of you guys. Hopefully i be able to go to mother events in the furture especially this summer.

Alphazealot looked kinda like his avatar i thought. no offense but you looked sorta like Conker with a tie. I thought it was funny haha

edit:

indeed im back haha. and i cant wait for columbus!

and ill show esam why anther cant win anymore!!!!!!
I beat you by forfeit in losers 1. Everyone was like "Yeah you beat Judge NICE" lol

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
And yet 3 MKs in top 5.
Incidentally this doesn't really seem like much of a problem to me. All three MKs are known to be top-level players in a national sense. Expand the numbers and you still only have 3 MKs in the top 8. 5 in the top 16. You'd make a much better point out of the 8 Meta Knights in the 17th-32nd spots.

Xyro77

Unity Ruleset Committee Member
Incidentally this doesn't really seem like much of a problem to me. All three MKs are known to be top-level players in a national sense. Expand the numbers and you still only have 3 MKs in the top 8. 5 in the top 16. You'd make a much better point out of the 8 Meta Knights in the 17th-32nd spots.
due to random seeding. mk had to fight each other early and alot of mk were placed on one side of the bracket or in the same bracket.

Zigsta

Disney Film Director
NNID
Zigsta
3DS FC
1547-5526-6811
Did anyone record matches with a handcam? lol
Some people tried, I heard, but MLG staff didn't allow people to get close to the TVs. At the allowed distance, the matches don't really come out on camera very well.

CO18

Smash Hero
I think lee used all mk besides consolation vs me but mainly ppl just used 2ndaries or w/e. Lee and i did snake vs lucario he won 2-1 all last stock high%. He may have used him vs chaz not sure but doubt it

Max Ketchum

due to random seeding. mk had to fight each other early and alot of mk were placed on one side of the bracket or in the same bracket.
Please see through your bias for a second and actually look at the bracket.

Shadow was eliminated by HRnut's Snake, and ChuDat's Kirby.

ksizzle was eliminated by Nick Riddle's ZSS and MK18's Wario. The one game that ksizzle took from MK18 was with Snake.

Atomsk was sent to losers by BigLou's Luigi.

RedHalberd lost to Candy's Snake and Nick Riddle's ZSS.

Tearbear lost to CO18's Dedede.

Seibrik lost to Felix's Diddy.

Havok lost to MikeHAZE's Marth.

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
Well, ignoring the fact that the seeding wasn't completely random (check the numbers by the players in the bracket, it'll tell you what number seed they were given), I don't see a lot of MK's having to fight each other until like... 4th round of winners' brackets. But okay, let's take a look at the MKs that comprised the bottom half of the top 32.

RedHalberd - lost to Candy (Snake) and NickRiddle (ZSS)
dmbrandon - lost to Atomsk (Dedede/MK) twice
Havok - lost to Tyrant (MK) and mikeHAZE (Marth)
lain (sorta) - lost to M2K (MK) and Chaz (Marth)
Tearbear - lost to lain (MK) and CO18 (Dedede)
Seibrik - lost to Shadow (MK) and Felix (Diddy)
MeroKnight - lost to Havok (MK) and dmbrandon (MK)
Shadow - lost to HRnut (Snake) and ChuDat (Kirby)

Well, I see two people who got eliminated in MK dittos...

Max Ketchum

Ninja'd, Ankoku. ;)

Lain used Meta Knight on Tearbear according to Allied's Twitter. It says he three-stocked him in dittos.

Gnes

Smash Master
I cant wait for columbus....

Good shiz lee/atomsk in teams!!!! I know u guys would pull it together.

@angel

LMAOO...i didnt want to say it...but...whatever...regardless of "skill"...lulu's a bad matchup for kirby...not that it matters, lee won :)

Max Ketchum

By the way, AZ, please fix the spelling of Malcolm's name. It's MalcolmM or just Malcolm, there's an L in the name and no N at the end. :p

Coney

Smash Master
There is no way Lee Martin's lucario beat Chu's Kirby, so I'll say he went MK for sure.
why do you say that? chu has gone MK against june's lucario here, what makes you think he would win against lee's?

unless i'm misunderstanding

which i often do

Coney

Smash Master
oh, that's what i mean: why is there no way that lee martin's luc could be chu's kirby, when it's been observed that chu seems to attempt to avoid the MU?

kpeezy

Smash Cadet
Well, ignoring the fact that the seeding wasn't completely random (check the numbers by the players in the bracket, it'll tell you what number seed they were given), I don't see a lot of MK's having to fight each other until like... 4th round of winners' brackets. But okay, let's take a look at the MKs that comprised the bottom half of the top 32.

RedHalberd - lost to Candy (Snake) and NickRiddle (ZSS)
dmbrandon - lost to Atomsk (Dedede/MK) twice
Havok - lost to Tyrant (MK) and mikeHAZE (Marth)
lain (sorta) - lost to M2K (MK) and Chaz (Marth)
Tearbear - lost to lain (MK) and CO18 (Dedede)
Seibrik - lost to Shadow (MK) and Felix (Diddy)
MeroKnight - lost to Havok (MK) and dmbrandon (MK)
Shadow - lost to HRnut (Snake) and ChuDat (Kirby)

So, 6 out of 8 were put into losers by MK? Isn't that Xyro's point?

etecoon

Smash Hero
Please see through your bias for a second and actually look at the bracket.
Shadow was eliminated by HRnut's Snake, and ChuDat's Kirby.
ksizzle was eliminated by Nick Riddle's ZSS and MK18's Wario. The one game that ksizzle took from MK18 was with Snake.
Atomsk was sent to losers by BigLou's Luigi.
RedHalberd lost to Candy's Snake and Nick Riddle's ZSS.
Tearbear lost to CO18's Dedede.
Seibrik lost to Felix's Diddy.
Havok lost to MikeHAZE's Marth.
too many mk dittos early on with random seeding. bad bad mlg
pro ban mentality: if I post something wrong and am made to look like a fool for doing it, posting it repeatedly will eventually convince people!

sadly, he's right lmao

Top Bottom