• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Mods Lock this thread, making new one.

Missing Person

Smash Apprentice
Eh I dunno. You still got quite a bit of people that won't be traveling for any tournaments that would be willing to show. Gambino says he's 70% sure he'll make it this time (only because there's a slight chance he'll be in Carolina at that time). If comes, I'm fairly sure Zoze and maybe She-Geek shows too. If you need players to play, I'll definitely play, I did that for Marvel at the first one, and I'm more than willing to do so for Brawl since you guys are tight. Mike will definitely not be traveling, so if he doesn't have prior obligations, I'm sure he'd show.

i think you have 16 optimistically.

Cheeseonastick

Smash Journeyman
Yeah, I'll be in St. Louis on the 25th, and I'm fairly confident I don't have any notable scheduling conflicts.

Kurasa

Smash Rookie
Hey guys. Thanks for coming out and supporting the Aerial Rave series! I hope to see you all at the upcoming events.

Some new info: We have a new sponsor that will be supplying some nice TVs for our events and possibly some prize support so get hyped!

I need the results (*cough* Milk or Thinkaman *cough*) from the last two Smash events so that I can apply points to the top players from each event. Someone PLEASE send me the info (kurasa@gmail.com).

I hope to see you all in 2 weeks!!

The Milk Monster

Smash Champion
I guess we can deal with the not so great turn out for this month.
And just hopefully have a HUGE turn out for August

Edit:
I just was thinking about it, and I know the turn out won't be amazing, but, this could give new players a chance to come and practice with us, to get some confidence to play with Legan and the like.

Missing Person

Smash Apprentice
I guess we can deal with the not so great turn out for this month.
And just hopefully have a HUGE turn out for August

Edit:
I just was thinking about it, and I know the turn out won't be amazing, but, this could give new players a chance to come and practice with us, to get some confidence to play with Legan and the like.
Agreed. Lord knows I could use the confidence boost.

Although I still hate knowing the odds of my facing Mike/Gambino/Zoze go up with a low turnout. Especially since Gambino and Zoze know how I play uncomfortably well.

Cheeseonastick

Smash Journeyman
:D I think it's definately worth mentioning how great of a job I think you guys are doing with these events. Everything runs smoothly, the venue is great, the people are awesome, etc.

And as an update, I can definately go :)

Teh Future

Smash Master
^That cheese isn't on a stick....

Im not going to this or Gigabrawl.

California ftw :D

Also I think it would be better if the tournaments were held in the room we used the first tourney. It gets REALLY hot when there's like 20-something people all crowded in there.

Its not that big of a deal but if the rooms just sitting there I dont understand why we are put in the smaller back room.

Lixivium

Smash Champion
I thikn I can make Top 3 this time...you know, if only two other people show up.

Missing Person

Smash Apprentice
:D I think it's definately worth mentioning how great of a job I think you guys are doing with these events. Everything runs smoothly, the venue is great, the people are awesome, etc.

And as an update, I can definately go :)
I have to agree. Also, the general atmosphere and camaraderie of the entire event is awesome. I haven't had a negative run in with anyone except when some guy though I pulled a chair out from under him at the first one (I didn't, it was someone else, and it was accidental).

Missing Person

Smash Apprentice
Also I think it would be better if the tournaments were held in the room we used the first tourney. It gets REALLY hot when there's like 20-something people all crowded in there.

Its not that big of a deal but if the rooms just sitting there I dont understand why we are put in the smaller back room.
Eh, if that room has no air conditioning either, it'll be just as hot. The main room last time was as toasty as the Smash room IIRC.

I mentioned this in the SRK thread, but I think this time, no fan = no entry. Probably not that harsh, but if you got a fan at home, BRING IT!

Shoot, I don't own one, but I'm buying one before the tournament. It was that hot.

Saffy

Smash Ace
I'll probably try to make this...
I just need to know a time this starts x.x I didn't see anything about a time on the front page

Missing Person

Smash Apprentice
venue opens for casuals/registrations at 10.

tournaments are officially scheduled to start at noon. Smash usually starts close to that time, but SF4 usually starts later because of exhibition matches.

The Milk Monster

Smash Champion
Look at this we're getting some more people.
Alright cool, I was really discouraged because the scheduling and what not, thinking no one would show, but I guess some people are gonna' show to this.

Edit://
MP if you don't use your Lappy for a side event can we use it for TO?
Cause I don't think most of STL is showing to this, so we're gonna' need TO on something.

Slido

Smash Cadet
Of course I'll be coming to this. I'll be bringing a setup as well, and if anyone wants any matches recorded they can be done on my wii.

I'm also going to try to bring a fan, that room gets HORRIDLY hot. :(

The Milk Monster

Smash Champion
I *MIGHT* not be coming to this, due to last minute changes in plans, so will someone be able to handle this if I am not able to show?

M.P. if you can that'd be cool, but if not, I think someone will be there to handle TO.

Slido

Smash Cadet
I *MIGHT* not be coming to this, due to last minute changes in plans, so will someone be able to handle this if I am not able to show?

M.P. if you can that'd be cool, but if not, I think someone will be there to handle TO.
If your not coming to this, then I won't have a ride. Unless someone wants to come to Granite City to pick me up :/, gas money wouldn't be a problem.

Cheeseonastick

Smash Journeyman
:/ Ouch. Yeah, that sucks. So what's going on then, are you guys just going to cancel then? No point in hosting a three man tournament.

Cheeseonastick

Smash Journeyman
Darn Gigabrawl. D:

I would definately come to Gigabrawl if I could, but that just isn't going to happen.

FightAdamantEevee

Smash Lord
Maybe people saw the tourney and it's date and everything and they decided that they'd attend it, but didn't post saying they were coming :o I'm really looking forward to this tourney :<

Cheeseonastick

Smash Journeyman
*cries himself to sleep*

Edit: If the tourney is going to flop, do you want to get online and have some friendlies Milk?

Cheeseonastick

Smash Journeyman
>_< Ahhh, my bad. Yeah, definately. I'll add you now. Just try and reach me somehow when you want to play.

The Milk Monster

Smash Champion
Mike, add me on AIM and message me sometime.
My AIM is The Porch Monkie.
I have to wait till Monday to get my Wii back, but once I get it back I will have some Friendlies for sure!

Also, sorry to those who were going today, I had no way of arriving up there, next month is a go for sure, will post the date when it happens.

Top Bottom