• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Montreal PLUS ( Future Brawl positive tournament thread)

Steb

Smash Journeyman
I think the tournament listings section gets more attention. You might even get some US people's attention there.

Maybe you should move this thread there and then advertise the tournament in all the major EC Canada threads?

DarkISDA

Smash Lord
I think the tournament listings section gets more attention. You might even get some US people's attention there.

Maybe you should move this thread there and then advertise the tournament in all the major EC Canada threads?
I highly doubt US players would come to a small tourney like this (assuming we'll only be ~ 30).

zaf

Smash Lord
Alright so joel i added you and i also added ally to the list. Which makes us have a total of 17 people now. Provided GTA comes with 2 cars that can add up to 27. I want to hit atleast 25 people before I talk to the venue owner since gta is possibly coming. The sooner i can get the venue and a date the sooner i can post it

chesterr01

BRoomer
BRoomer
this thread would get a lot more interest if the title actually had "+"s in it.

edit: and if it was in the tournament boards.

hmm i might have to find people to play brawl+ to fill up tournament spots

zaf

Smash Lord
i made a thread in the tourney listings

i read somewhere here on the forums that you cant have brawl+ in a title since it is a hacked game and that mlg owns smashboards.

ThatGuy

Smash Master
i made a thread in the tourney listings

i read somewhere here on the forums that you cant have brawl+ in a title since it is a hacked game and that mlg owns smashboards.
...What?

http://www.smashboards.com/forumdisplay.php?f=221

By the time I posted that link, there were 8 threads that had Brawl+ in the title.

You're not supposed to discuss how to install the homebrew channel. Everything else is fair game.

J.L

Smash Ace
i may have been a bit optimistic when I said 2 cars. The only person in mind when it comes to driving down there is probably ambrose, but im not sure if hes available/interested. I know we have atleast enough interest for one full car, but im not sure about the other car.

Whoever from gta who can drive and is willing to go to montreal please post asap

zaf

Smash Lord
...What?

http://www.smashboards.com/forumdisplay.php?f=221

By the time I posted that link, there were 8 threads that had Brawl+ in the title.

You're not supposed to discuss how to install the homebrew channel. Everything else is fair game.
ya i know, but i was sure as hell i read some article here. I cant find it. When i make the real tournament thread ill use a +

CloneHat

Smash Champion
Hmmm...

I was planning on going to DeLoRtEd1's Toronto tournament, but, like this one, they're still waiting for more people to sign up.

Montreal and Toronto are both about three hours from me... If you end up going through with this tourney, I may be able to come. Transportation is always an issue, however.

Fogel

Smash Lord
Not sure how much you want out-of-towner input, but you would probably get some Ottawa players out if normal Brawl was there. I can't say the same for Melee...the scene here for that is pretty small.

Fizzi

Smash Ace
Slippi.gg
FIZZI#36
You might as well make it a brawl and brawl+ tournament with more emphasis on Brawl+ being a main event rather than just a side event. As for me, I would love to see melee there, but I don't think putting melee as a main event is the correct way to attract enough people so the tournament will actually happen.

vrud

Smash Apprentice
I agree. Brawl+ as the main event, brawl as a side event and melee? as an even smaller side event? I'd guess it'd bring in a couple more ppl.

D

Deleted member

hosting brawl at a brawl+ tournament just sounds ridiculous to me :/

Divinokage

Smash Legend
Or simply 2 events Brawl and Brawl+.. you just have to rely on enough setups and you can run both events in one day easily. I'd like to confirm at least a wii + normal Brawl for now. If I can get a lift then I bring a full setup.

Edit:
hosting brawl at a brawl+ tournament just sounds ridiculous to me :/
If he can get more people then why not?

Steb

Smash Journeyman
Melee wouldn't get much. In FFYF2, BISB, and It's a Trap!, the Melee tournaments were so small. Sucks though, I want to play Melee too, but I don't think its possible to do all this over 1 day (assuming there was vBrawl too). Unless we had a ton of set-ups.

We're better off just putting vBrawl with Brawl+.

D

Deleted member

the whole idea of brawl+ is because we hate vbrawl. i know we wouldn't be interacting with them too much, but it just seems strange that vbrawlers wanna play vbrawl at a brawl+ tournament. it's almost as if it's like.. a point they're trying to make.

kr3wman

Smash Master
the whole idea of brawl+ is because we hate vbrawl. i know we wouldn't be interacting with them too much, but it just seems strange that vbrawlers wanna play vbrawl at a brawl+ tournament. it's almost as if it's like.. a point they're trying to make.
Man, Joel was right.

If you don't wanna play vbrawl, then don't play it.

†¹Ãgøn¥¹†

Smash Ace
I don't think people play brawl+ because they HATE vbrawl, I think they play brawl+ because it's fresh and a bit different to what we were use to.

I don't think brawl+ people will be hostile to vbrawl people and vice versa it's still the same big community except some decided to take a break and go check something else.

D

Deleted member

I don't hate vBrawlers whatsoever, and I don't disrespect them for playing vBrawl.

Fizzi

Smash Ace
Slippi.gg
FIZZI#36
So then we have no problem. I sorta see where you're coming from, but it's better to host both games and actually have a tournament then to attempt to host one game and not be able to host a tournament at all.

D

Deleted member

Okay. So long as vBrawl doesn't become the main focus. That's basically my main concern. Would hate to see a Brawl+ tournament have less entrants than the vBrawl side tournament.

swordgard

Smash Hero

Lol, seems strange how much you want brawl out. At brawl tourneys, brawl + tourneys were held as a side event, so why not do it in the other way around too. Or else it would like its a point brawl + people are trying to make.

We dont have to create such a division, dont encourage it please, its not the right thing to do.

HolyNightmare

Smash Champion
Pretty much everyone from montreal plays both games with only a minority hating vBrawl, I think both event should be hosted so the community doesnt break in half. Brawl+ is still the main focus, we probably will only have enough time for vbrawl singles(not dubz). We can have it in the basement so Zaf doesnt cry at the sight of it.

*Edit
Ottawa confirmed? Buenob, Fogel, Linkshot? OMFG!1111

J.L

Smash Ace
yes i agree with both vbrawl and brawl+ tourney. The tentative date should be Sept 5th. Anything after that Im not sure I can make it.

swordgard

Smash Hero
Just make sure we can play wisp : )

And yeah, 5th of september is fine by me, just try to confirm asap please.

Top Bottom