• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Montreal Thread - You better comming!!!1

what do we do now?

• Play Brawl.

Votes: 127 41.4%
  • Play Melee.

Votes: 167 54.4%
  • Steal Airman from the Toronto guys, think about it later.

Votes: 42 13.7%
  • http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hUVdA9ABzpg

Votes: 19 6.2%

• Total voters

swordgard

Smash Hero
Anyone interested in buying a comp thats worth about 2.5 grands for half the price? If so talk to me, i got about 5 days to sell it or deals gone. If you wants specs msg me, its comes with 22 inch screen too, quad core and good graph card.

ThatGuy

Smash Master
I prefer playing Brawl+ than any other Smash game these days, playing the others is very frustrating for me now. Long live imbalance.

It is pretty stupid though and Bento hit the nail on the head, although I didn't like his choices of 'defensive tools', since SHFFL is more of an offensive tool which is in B+ anyways, and DI is there (play Kage more). WD is definately a cool mechanic unique to Melee, and while CCing is in Melee I really despise it (rendering a lot of characters more or less useless because of CC alone...it would be the ultimate MK nerf but I don't think that' necessarily a good thing lol).

I think what they could improve on is adding new dimensions to mobility that don't have to be ripped from the pages of Melee, and maybe slightly reducing hitstun (nooooo my 7x Uair combos T_T). That's one of the reasons I wanted Ike's freefall removed on Forward B, so that more mobility could be introduced. Nevertheless, it's **** fun.

Dominic

Smash Apprentice
Ok bien, je voulais faire un smashfest chez moi ce dimanche encore. Je vais pas rentré dans les détails, mais j'en profite ces semaine ci parce que je pourais pas faire ca idéfiniment.

Alors vous etes les bienvenus de 11am a 7pm environ.

swordgard

Smash Hero
Ok bien, je voulais faire un smashfest chez moi ce dimanche encore. Je vais pas rentré dans les détails, mais j'en profite ces semaine ci parce que je pourais pas faire ca idéfiniment.

Dont drop the plate!

RageKev!

Smash Journeyman
There are far more than 6 people. Check the thread in my signature, and you will see how much support it has. Full communities have converted.

All I ask is that you give it a shot as a community before shutting it away.

You are continuing to ignore the fact that it won't grow if people refuse to try it.

Take steps forward with it like I am.
So is this, like, the part where we usebold to put emphasis on what we're saying to try to influence each other's opinions?

I prefer playing Brawl+ than any other Smash game these days, playing the others is very frustrating for me now. Long live imbalance.

It is pretty stupid though and Bento hit the nail on the head, although I didn't like his choices of 'defensive tools', since SHFFL is more of an offensive tool which is in B+ anyways, and DI is there (play Kage more). WD is definately a cool mechanic unique to Melee, and while CCing is in Melee I really despise it (rendering a lot of characters more or less useless because of CC alone...it would be the ultimate MK nerf but I don't think that' necessarily a good thing lol).

I think what they could improve on is adding new dimensions to mobility that don't have to be ripped from the pages of Melee, and maybe slightly reducing hitstun (nooooo my 7x Uair combos T_T). That's one of the reasons I wanted Ike's freefall removed on Forward B, so that more mobility could be introduced. Nevertheless, it's **** fun.

THIS.

Je devrais venir faire un tour, si tout se passe bien.

Dont drop the plate!

I lol'd.

inb4trollingfiL

kr3wman

Smash Master
Wolf
N-Air:
-Nair modified to multihit properly (the first two hitboxes were being counted as the same thing). Also fixed to connect more reliably.
-Aerial shine now has IASA starting frame 14 of subaction 1E3. Allows shine -> bair with tight timing, against both grounded and aerial foes. Shine -> fair and shine -> dsmash on grounded foes do NOT work.
NOOOOOoooooooo

what have they done!?!?

-1st swing of the match is random, then each of the following swings continues in sequence of …Club->Pan->Racket->Club->Pan->Racket…
NNOOOOOOONONONONONO...

Side-B
-Removed 140% speedup
-Moved “PK Fire!” SFX to frame 18 from 2
Awwww

Captain Falcon
Jab 3 (Gentleman): [IASA: ??->25]
-Hitbox A: [1x Size; 6 Dmg; 50->110 KBG; 10->25 BKB; 70∞->60∞]
-Hitbox B: [1x Size; 5 Dmg; 70->130 KBG; 0->15 BKB; (40)∞->50∞]
D-Air: Both hits reduced to 83 KBG from 86, and BKB increased to 45 from 32
U-Throw: [IASA: 43->40] [3 Dmg; 105->120 KBG; 70->55 BKB; 85∞->82∞]
Down-B (Aerial Landing): Aerial Falcon Kick landing lag 25 from 45 [1.800x Frame 1]
HYES!

Pour Dom :

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JWmw7FOf-n8
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YiDU2boPVLU

EDIT : Man, this GHNeko guy is hella wtf.

swordgard

Smash Hero
I dont know if they buffer or nerfed cf, im to lazy to try reading these.

Either way, now that we got zelda nerfed, and that they buffed wolf, we can conclude either 2 things.

Changes are purely arbitrary and that was wtf.

B) They are going through the same progression mtl did(with zelda 1st being really good), and they will at some point get a good wolf player.

vrud

Smash Apprentice
As long as they dont touch ness im fine. Adding djc will actually make him a lil more boring to play even if i like the djc in melee.

Steb

Smash Journeyman
As long as they dont touch ness im fine. Adding djc will actually make him a lil more boring to play even if i like the djc in melee.
Brawl+ Site said:
Ness
2nd Jump:
-Speedup adjusted to exact timing. New:[2.000x Frame 1; 1.000x Frame 5]; Old:[2.000x Frame 1; 1.000x Frame 4]
-By releasing the jump button and then pressing A, Ness’ vertical momentum will be cancelled and you will enter an aerial attack (Double jump cancel AT)
Looks like they managed to get DJC and Brawls Jump physics together.

HolyNightmare

Smash Champion
lr3w im gonna be late ... iforgot the address so im gonna be there like around 7:20

Fizzi

Smash Ace
Slippi.gg
FIZZI#36
Does anyone know Vrud's number? If so please message me on aim, call me, or post here or something, i kinda need it.

swordgard

Smash Hero
Oh that's good, Wolf actually has a fighting chance for once.

LOL!
So, i thought these changes WERENT arbitrary anymore. Guess someone was wrong eh? But I still think your wrong, wolf still needs to get a good killing move. Preferably something like snakes uptilt. His recovery is so awful, i think it needs to be buffed too.

Dominic

Smash Apprentice
bonnes games tous le monde.

David tu a oublié tes lunette, et ya quelqu'un qui a oublié une manette wii

KingKong_ad

Smash Ace
merci pour le smashfest dom, j'ai l'impression de m'améliorer énormément :)
Pour les lunettes je viendrais les prendre la prochaine fois !

kr3wman

Smash Master
good stuff fizzi/dom.

lol at Holy hyping the montreal b+ in the tournament thread.

EDIT : I cut my fingers playing Melee for two days straight this weekend.

Is that a good sign? The game is so awesome.

Dominic

Smash Apprentice
Ca serais aussi meileur pour ta santé. Le seul défau a ne pas fumé c'Est quand une fille te demande pour une cigarette ou un briquet dans la rue. Mais au pire tu peu en avoir juste pour ca

RageKev!

Smash Journeyman
Alright first rule of having more money.... stop smoking. :D
You sir, are an idiot.

Kidding. You free any evening this week?

Ca serais aussi meileur pour ta santé. Le seul défau a ne pas fumé c'Est quand une fille te demande pour une cigarette ou un briquet dans la rue. Mais au pire tu peu en avoir juste pour ca
Comme celle dans le metro, l'autre fois lol.

Je fume 2x moins si tu commences a jouer a Brawl+ et tu team avec moi pour les events. Deal?

swordgard

Smash Hero
You sir, are an idiot.

Kidding. You free any evening this week?

Comme celle dans le metro, l'autre fois lol.

Je fume 2x moins si tu commences a jouer a Brawl+ et tu team avec moi pour les events. Deal?
Dont dom, hes just converting 1 addiction to another.

You know brawl is where dom is at kev, stop trying to change him : P Or at least come back when your game is led by more intelligent people.

ThatGuy

Smash Master
Alright Dom, I'm going to enter Brawl doubles with you, and I will be playing my hardest as always, but I'm not going to practice a ton for it nor will I care too much about the event in general if I lose since I'm just becoming more and more disinterested with Brawl as time goes on.

If you want someone who's really motivated to win then you'll need to find someone else, sorry :(. But if we still team I'll try to make things fun ;).

Dominic

Smash Apprentice
Very nice Joel ;) It should be fun, and with a few lucky Snake F-Smash maybe we can win a few games.

Moi j'ai hate au tournoi. Je comence a pensé que ya des possibilité non nul que Swordgard sois meileur que Lain. Yé mieu de pas me décevoir

Ah J'aimerais ca te dire oui Kev, mais :( je pense pas que ca me tente, mais ci éventuellement 2-3 mois passe et que ils ont pas fait de update dans Brawl + et que c'est encore populaire, je vais le considéré.

RageKev!

Smash Journeyman
Very nice Joel ;) It should be fun, and with a few lucky Snake F-Smash maybe we can win a few games.

Moi j'ai hate au tournoi. Je comence a pensé que ya des possibilité non nul que Swordgard sois meileur que Lain. Yé mieu de pas me décevoir

Ah J'aimerais ca te dire oui Kev, mais :( je pense pas que ca me tente, mais ci éventuellement 2-3 mois passe et que ils ont pas fait de update dans Brawl + et que c'est encore populaire, je vais le considéré.

>: (

T'es mieux de ne pas me déçevoir!

Fizzi

Smash Ace
Slippi.gg
FIZZI#36
Awwwww yyeaaaahhh. I got a 26 inch CRT TV for $40. Thanks to Kev for helping lug the thing back to my place. Made for some pretty awesome shenanigans. If anyone is interested by the way the place I got it from has some more, it's from a bar that upgraded to LCDs so naturally the TVs are quite used. Mine seems fine so far now :). Kev and I played some brawl+ on it and i'll upload a couple vids in a bit.

Top Bottom