• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Most Powerful Shinobi (MPS) Racine, WI 8/22/09

yoshq

Smash Master
I use Luigi for MetaKnight. Don't Believe Me? Ask Quik how he got into the losers bracket :laugh:
idk maybe i need to learn the matchup better then... dk just has the range for it
Also, lol @ Arty. And YoshQ your Toonlink is actually pretty good, you know how to use Z-air unlike me lol. We also gotta have our rematch sometime. Haven't played your luigi since FBT 6, so it should be fun.
no doubt

Sago

Smash Lord
man good **** matty! kenni placed better then i thought he was going too ( dont let that go to your head you already have a pretty bad rap in the community) and ook...what happened man? i want to see brackets asap. thanks
-sago

yoshq

Smash Master
man good **** matty! kenni placed better then i thought he was going too ( dont let that go to your head you already have a pretty bad rap in the community) and ook...what happened man? i want to see brackets asap. thanks
-sago
lol ook was joking around going into the water and then shaking it off

ook

Smash Lord
Lol yeah but that's what works :)
like dajayman says, you can't beat a completely dry ape.

Though somtimes you can :(
Ryko and Simamatty definitely can, they're too good.

but next time I think I gotta use the sexy suit samus for DDDs who know the smallstep. DK can pull it off... but it's too tough. I'll be practicing for you next time, Matty :) good ****

KenniSpam!

Smash Master
@webster- thanks for making my first major tourney a fun one :0 and how you would scream my name to play a match when I was standing right next to you XD
@yoshq- big thanks for the ride, man. Your luigi is awesome. You will always be better than me :) hope to get a tourney set in some time.
@fade- you seem like a really cool guy. Thanks for the friendlies. I was hoping that we would have a match though :0
@matty- awesome fox. You owned me in doubles XD congrats on your singles placement, too. Wish we got a 1v1 in >:)
@ook- we didn’t really talk or anything but when you jumped into the water and shook it off I was laughing so hard XD
@folk- great marth. Heres a tip- don’t cp halberd o_0 I can see you getting really good placement in future tournies.
@fatboy- I am NOT EVER going to $20 MM you, ok? XD lol If I didn’t get kicked out of the venue, I would’ve done $5 though :/
@spikes- sorry ‘bout the ike/sheik matchup :/ you should get back into brawl, you seem really good. Hopefully we can play again sometime. Thanks for the tips, too
@kirk- Wario WTF?? Lol oh well no johns nicely played. :)
@akashi- we had a nice set. Now you know to cp lylat for me XD
@ryzen- your falco was incredible. Easily the best ive ever seen. Lawl ill never learn to stop roll approaching falco XDDD
I didn’t forget anyone, did i? :O great tourney guys

Dark Kakashi

Smash Ace
My Bando is top tier. I never got to play that kid that kept calling him low tier. But that's ok I didn't want to beat him that bad with Bando. ;D

Fatboy - Nice games in Rev 2. I notice you got a lot better at the game keep practicing. You kept beating many people at the game.

Grimace - Nice games in EX 3. You have a good Kakuzu. Just need to practice a few more combos and you should do just fine. Sorry about having Crisis Mode Turned OFF.... I don't know who did that.

kirbycpok

Smash Journeyman
My Bando is top tier. I never got to play that kid that kept calling him low tier. But that's ok I didn't want to beat him that bad with Bando. ;D

Fatboy - Nice games in Rev 2. I notice you got a lot better at the game keep practicing. You kept beating many people at the game.

Grimace - Nice games in EX 3. You have a good Kakuzu. Just need to practice a few more combos and you should do just fine. Sorry about having Crisis Mode Turned OFF.... I don't know who did that.
Bando is toptier :D, i know ive been getting better, grimace and I have been playing, i just need to get my hidan good enough in EX 3, and for crisis mode, get it fixed, kakuzu's is too good

Devildigimon

Smash Lord
alright guys i'm officially pissed off!

i'm posting this from a friends house cuz i'm still without my bloody charger (power supply). whoever took my charger better give it back in a weeks time (or sooner) from this post, or i'm NOT running another brawl tournament ever again.

i went to bestbuy and batteries plus today, and they said a new charger would cost me $80/$65 (respectively). that's simply money I DON'T HAVE to spend on another charger right now. and I really don't feel that i should be in a position to have to go through that.

do you guys understand how mentally frustrating running tournaments can actually get? you'd be hella surprised. i run these tournament for u guys and for the sake of our IL/WI brawl (and now melee) community.

now i thought ryzen and his friend accidentally grabbed my charger, i'd get it back, and everything would be peachy...

well that's NOT THE CASE. not only did ryzen say he didn't have it...he also told me not to get my hopes up (all via AIB).

I'M FUCKING PISSED!!! and i want my got **** charger....

there will be no results thread or aib ranking or next tournament announcement (there won't even be another tournament...) UNTIL I GET MY CHARGER BACK!!! :(

Rogue

Smash Cadet
Seriously, I'd chip in money too. Raise your venue price a couple bucks your next tourney maybe to cover the cost? I'd understand that.

Arty

Smash Lord
Yah Webster. If you can't find it by the time the next MPS rolls around just raise the venue fee by $2. I'm sure that will cover the cost for a new charger.

KenniSpam!

Smash Master
Yosh did you get any of me, perchance?

Edit. This^^^ is why everyone hates me >_<

Edit 2. I wasn't joking about my sets though. I wanna see how I did and improve for next time. :0

Devildigimon

Smash Lord
you guys i really appreciate your generosity. but me losing my charger puts me in annoying situations, that are away from the tournament. for examplae: i can't WORK from my computer or do my online classess. now my schooling and income are gonna be drastically delayed. and when ur still living at yha mamma's house and she wants that rent money...AND YOU DON'T HAVE IT...that's when u really need to fear a black woman.

prime example:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ukzFjtfqmks

but seriously, i'm hella upset about this! but if u guys are willing to donate/contribute towards me, to get another charger for my laptop, i have no choice but to accept that and will continue to run these tournaments. the community has spoken and they/you guys WANT THESE TOURNAMENTS TO KEEP HAPPENING! and they will. it's just gonna be annoying for me to have to walk to the library, to go online, to keep up with this thread and make updates. until i get my darn charger back.

i'd like for EVERYONE to check their belongings, maybe someone picked up my charger on accident. if u have it...all u have to do is tell me and bring it to me someway somehow. I FREAKING NEED IT!!!

okay someone mention rasing the venue fee. well to be honest we were gonna have to do this anyways. even before my charger was taken. the new venue fee was going to be $4 per person from here on out. this is a combination of spectators fee (watching tournament/taking up arcade venue space) and users fee (playing casuals/participating in the tournament). remember the arcade is a place of business and loitering is not allowed.

i still need to work on the details for what happens when people bring in full set ups. i will work on trying to completely waive your venue fee.

okay so here's what i have for september's tournament:

venue free: $7
brawl singles entry fee: $10
brawl doubles entry fee: $5 per player (this could be raised to $10 if people want)
melee singles entry fee: $5 (this could be raised to $10 if people want)
everything else will be a side tournament with free entry (but u still have to pay venue fee in order to be there and participate)

if there is a fighting game that u want me to run and have a cash entry fee for, pm me or post up. just consider that this tournament series is in WI and our two biggest fighting games in this state are SSBB (Smash) and Tekken 6: BR.

alright let's pray for the best possible outcome. post up any ideas or wants, and let's get the ball rolling.

hopefully we'll get CoB Season 2 starting soon after the CEOS tournament @ Dark Kakashi's place..

KenniSpam!

Smash Master
Then don't steal people's **** next time.
I would never steal anything... and even if I did I have no need for a PC charger. (Mac only)
I would encourage everyone to check the stuff again in case they accidentally took it... >:/

Rogue

Smash Cadet
$7 venue AND $10 entry seems a bit much tbh... Especially when only five guys have a chance of winning it
Way to be considerate. Webster doesn't have to hold tournaments for us. Maybe you haven't gone to his tournaments much, but they're so well run and his VOICE must be so spent after every one.

The community says they're happy to help him replace the charger that he lost/someone stole. Maybe you should respect that.

Dajayman

Banned via Administration
Ugh, it's lame that people's things have to be stolen every **** time a tournament happens. D:

Webster, I will gladly donate $5 to your cause... in quarters.

grimacetpp

Smash Apprentice
$7 venue AND $10 entry seems a bit much tbh... Especially when only five guys have a chance of winning it
Kenni, a bigger entry fee gives an incentive for people that are traveling to this tournament to come. Me and fatboy almost didn't come this time because of the entry fee, just didn't seem cost effective to come down if we had won. Also, that's not the attitude, you're going to tournaments to get better at the game, just giving up because you assume someone else is going to win isn't going to get you anywhere.

KenniSpam!

Smash Master
I will go regardless, but I think that others will be deterred by the new pricing. I could be wrong though. I'll pitch in some money if necessary.

Top Bottom