• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Move utilization week #6-Jab

Status
Not open for further replies.

ChaosSoulReaver

Smash Rookie
Jab to grab, jab to ftilt, jab to dtilt are some moves I like to do. :p I don't know, I guess I always find myself doing those moves when I'm near my opponent or when I land. ._.

TheUmbreonMonarchy

Smash Cadet
What I know is that you should only use it when you know the third hit is going to hit. The move has some nasty cooldown, and is easily punishable if the third hit is powershielded. When I use this move, I use it a lot more for various jab cancels (Jab -> F-tilt, Jab -> D-tilt, Jab -> Grab, etc...). The problem with the Jab is that the last strike is never guaranteed, since it's possible to SDI out of it before the third Jab ever connects. That's why I almost always use the first hit only, and never use the second and third hit. In general, the Jab is bad, but Jab Cancels save it from being as bad as it could be.

I would label it as a 5/10 or 6/10 in terms of usefulness.

Ken Neth

Smash Champion
Seriously? I love the jab. It is one of my favorite moves. It is so useful, it punishes rolls, spot dodges, good to use in a tight spot, combos into a grab/ftilt. I would have to say it's one of his most useful attacks.

And look up the page for who can Power Shield the attack. >_>

Panix

Smash Ace
7/10 or maybe even 8/10 for usefulness of the jab. Late into the discussion, most points where already proven.

ChaosSoulReaver

Smash Rookie
Oh and I rate it 8/10 for usefulness imo. One jab can sometimes "knock out" or "stop" your opponent which can lead you to a grab. Jabs are good after you airdodge from the stage.

SuSa

Banned via Administration
Nappy, just quote me and edit it into your post, then keep it updated.

When I get my own place (and hopefully a laptop soon) I'll be back and up and running. Until then, I'm rarely home and when I am I have more important things to be doing. (Studying the driver's handbook, looking for a job, etc.)

So.

I heard dtilt was pretty radical.

/bump
It's weird. You mentioning the single word "radical" reminded of the entire 70s video I did a group project on. That video is just... horrible lol

Anyway, I'd be in favor of going over tilts next. Dtilt should probably first if we do that. Least used and be nice to know any practical uses for it such as maybe a dtilt to aerial idea?
let's talk about his recovery? =P
UpB would be for recovery. Doesn't that have like high knockback resistance or something in the beginning of the move and gets less the longer it's out?

LuLLo

Smash Ace
Let me suggest that we discuss D-tilt?
D-Tilt is a crap move imo, and should only be used in a situation where you have to crawl for your life (Laser spamming). On low percentages you can pull off a F-tilt afterwards(which isn't a real combo), but other than that, this move his Snake's second worst move (with F-air being first).
2/10

Ken Neth

Smash Champion
I use dtilt for kills sometimes. It kills at 130~ and no one ever sees it coming. It also hits people off the ledge and has decent range. It's not as bad of a move as people are making it out to be..

napZzz

Smash Hero
hmm I'm feeling a bit too lazy to actually update this -.- someone should just copy pasta all the crap in the first posts and start over.

LuLLo

Smash Ace
I use dtilt for kills sometimes. It kills at 130~ and no one ever sees it coming. It also hits people off the ledge and has decent range. It's not as bad of a move as people are making it out to be..
You're right, it's not as bad as people let you believe it is, but there are far better options than D-tilt imo, the move itself is good, but in comparison to all his other moves it's not that good.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom