• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Moveset Tier List.

Tenki

Smash Hero
tenki said:
don't HA if you're near edge!!
Lawlss, I always do this and connect about 90% of the time XD. Homing attack recovery from below is too good.
If I'm by the edge...
(you're far below and start HA) --> I edgehog --> HA fails, death.
(you're kind of close by, level with the edge) --> I fastfall below the stage --> stage spike
(you're far from the stage, starting a HA, and I'm also off-stage) --> I pull you away from the stage --> B-air to kill you off the side, or some other aerial to gimp you as I recover.

SonicX580 knows from experience :3

SonicX580

Smash Lord
If I'm by the edge...
(you're kind of close by, level with the edge) --> I fastfall below the stage --> stage spike
(you're far from the stage, starting a HA, and I'm also off-stage) --> I pull you away from the stage --> B-air to kill you off the side, or some other aerial to gimp you as I recover.

SonicX580 knows from experience :3
Yeah but I kinda got rid of that habit.

Tenki

Smash Hero
Goooood. Whenever we play again, I don't want to see you getting HA gimped.

:3

Kinzer

Mammy
NNID
Kinzer
3DS FC
2251-6533-0581
Should Jabs really be that low on the tier-list? I mean it's pathetic yes, but it has it's uses. For one thing, it's Sonic's fastest attack (I think), serves as a nice GTFO move, is nice for overlapping spotdodgers, and at the least can be used to refresh his other moves.

So how about it guys, anybody else think so?

Napilopez

Smash Lord
If I'm by the edge...
How so? If HA fails I still have spring. And my HA timing is better than that anyways =P

(you're kind of close by, level with the edge) --> I fastfall below the stage --> stage spike[/quote

No sense in using HA for recovery if close =P

Or I time my HA cancel so that it hits in before the aerial comes out/during the dead time of an aerial.

We need a Tenki-Nape match to see if you can really counter my HA usage :D not that I would use HA much in Sonic dittos though... then it IS way too punishable.

ROOOOY!

Smash Master
NNID
Gengite
3DS FC
5456-0280-5804
If you hold A, walk and push the c-stick in a 45 degree back-up direction (requires C-stick set to smash), your character will spin 360 degrees, while still maintaining his forward velocity, and if you do this in the right pace your character will be continously spinning.

You can do the same attacks out of this as you can a normal walk. If you press the c-stick too much up, you will start a dash, if you press the c-stick too much back, you will start charging a fsmash in that direction.

=============================

Test for usage now.

Jim Morrison

Smash Authority
If you hold A, walk and push the c-stick in a 45 degree back-up direction (requires C-stick set to smash), your character will spin 360 degrees, while still maintaining his forward velocity, and if you do this in the right pace your character will be continously spinning.

You can do the same attacks out of this as you can a normal walk. If you press the c-stick too much up, you will start a dash, if you press the c-stick too much back, you will start charging a fsmash in that direction.

=============================

Test for usage now.
This sounds painfully useless. TESTING NAO

R4ZE

Smash Ace
ftilt and dtilt are definately some top tier material.

utilt is a killing move imo..(same kill% as usmash, but often is more fresh and more of a suprise) and ftilt destroys a lot of things that sonic normally has problems against. both of these moves are highly under-used... and if you dont beleive me.. then fight a samus and try to use these 2 moves often, you'll see what i mean.

Orange_Soda_Man

Smash Ace
gotta say I'm liking this moveset tierlist. Comparing it to how I use his moveset in my matches, it adds up pretty well.

I know I've read it before, but is there an easy way / video for the boxobair?

ROOOOY!

Smash Master
NNID
Gengite
3DS FC
5456-0280-5804
Has anyone noticed how Calibur Champ is always wrong?

I'll move ftilt up, I just can't see how many situations that it's actually useful in though.

Tenki

Smash Hero

I'll move ftilt up, I just can't see how many situations that it's actually useful in though.
in his defense, I think he was the one that mentioned side-B shield cancelling for the first time and worked with Sonic's "Shuttle Loop". But yeah, alot of his posts have been like that since he stopped maining Sonic lol

You'd be surprised at the aerial approaches you can reach with FU-tilt (lol up F-tilt)

Kinzer

Mammy
NNID
Kinzer
3DS FC
2251-6533-0581
gotta say I'm liking this moveset tierlist. Comparing it to how I use his moveset in my matches, it adds up pretty well.

I know I've read it before, but is there an easy way / video for the boxobair?
Sorry man, I'm afraid the Boxobair is just a silly little joke we have going on at the Sonic boards.

I guess you could say that Boxobairs are just the simple way to say "hey look, I did Sonic's bair and made something EPIC out of it!"

It could also mean that after you diminish Sonic's Bair to the point where it will actually have so little knockback, that you can string more Bairs on your opponent.

:090:

CaliburChamp

Smash Master
3DS FC
1392-6575-2504

Always, is such a strong word. But when I explain my ideas I'm being as unbiased as I can be. Unlike the n00bish players that are prolific on this board. Anyways, B-air is one of Sonic's best moves, it should be up there, downsmash shouldn't be that low, and f-smash should be higher. And I'm just surprised to see you mention Sonic's best smash attack as up-smash, when up-smash is Sonic's worst smash attack. Whatever though, its no big deal, everyone has their own opinion on what Sonic's best moves are.

in his defense, I think he was the one that mentioned side-B shield cancelling for the first time and worked with Sonic's "Shuttle Loop". But yeah, alot of his posts have been like that since he stopped maining Sonic lol

You'd be surprised at the aerial approaches you can reach with FU-tilt (lol up F-tilt)
Tenki's right, like he usually is. I was the one who first discovered and mentioned Sonic's spin dash cancel (side b cancel. Both the shield version and jumping version). I have proof with the videos I posted on this. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IJe_-m8zH_Q I discovered this a week after brawl's release. And I explained about Spin charge looping, with a constant barrage of spin charges (down+B) added with footstool jumps, you can rack up alot of damage on your opponent with good prediction and timing, but it's very hard to do consistently.
And even though I don't main Sonic anymore, I still use him often, and get good feedback on my Sonic from the people I play.
Sorry ROY, but your wrong about me. :p

Tenki

Smash Hero
Always, is such a strong word. But when I explain my ideas I'm being as unbiased as I can be. Unlike the n00bish players that are prolific on this board. Anyways, B-air is one of Sonic's best moves, it should be up there, downsmash shouldn't be that low, and f-smash should be higher. And I'm just surprised to see you mention Sonic's best smash attack as up-smash, when up-smash is Sonic's worst smash attack. Whatever though, its no big deal, everyone has their own opinion on what Sonic's best moves are.
I actually agree with this lol.

B-air:
- Spacer
- Sonic's strongest aerial single-hit move
- Disjoint at the tip (at least, from what I hear, Marth's sword can go across Sonic's foot in midair and there'll be no effect on either of them?)

D-smash is good for:
- kill move substitution
- utility (mixups, especially with a charged one, or for throwing spotdodge/rollers off balance)
- Baiting, because of IASA frames

And F-smash is...
F-smash lol. It's not as slow as people make it out to be, and slight-charge F-smashes are pretty amazing, because the release is actually not that slow - the startup is what makes it slow. Oh, and the slight disjoint at the end of the F-smash.

I have a dislike for U-smash, but it might be up there, since now there's "confirmation" on the invincibility frames.

Tenki's right, like he usually is. I was the one who first discovered and mentioned Sonic's spin dash cancel (side b cancel. Both the shield version and jumping version). I have proof with the videos I posted on this. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IJe_-m8zH_Q I discovered this a week after brawl's release. And I explained about Spin charge looping, with a constant barrage of spin charges (down+B) added with footstool jumps, you can rack up alot of damage on your opponent with good prediction and timing, but it's very hard to do consistently.
yuuur.

CC found side-B shield-cancel and I guess had the first vid of the VSDJ lol. Meanwhile, I found the ASC cancel and pretty much did most of the stuff regarding the spin specials :freak:

We also kinda co-teamed on the whole shuttle loop idea, though we never got together and did anything about it, we just kinda tested/messed around with it separately XD

haha

aeghrur

Smash Champion
SO, I was watching CC vs ?!? aka Lambchops.
Now, I must say, the snake sucked due to how early on this match was.
Anyhow, at 1:16, we either see the U-smash's super small hurtbox, or invincy frames. xD
Oh, and 3 things to change=/=made of fail. It's just 3 things to change, lol. If the whole thing was wrong, then it'd be made of fail.
Such as a tierlist with MK at mid, Cfalcon at top, Lucario at bottom, Marth at low, etc.

:093:

CaliburChamp

Smash Master
3DS FC
1392-6575-2504
Tenki: I can create a video show casing Sonic's Spin Charge Looping. Next time I get on Brawl I will try.
aeghrur: Yes, that was Lambchops Snake when the game was very new. Now he is like one of the top Snakes in FL, along with Afro Thundah. And the Up-smash at 1:16 showed Sonic jumping up away from the blast, just barely. But now we know the move has at least 1 frame of invincibility. And yes, those few moves I mentioned are in my opinion better. I thought up-smash would be obvious for Sonic's worst smash attack... apparently not though, but thats the reason I said this was "full of fail" although it isn't. Let me rephrase that, the order of Sonic's smash moves listed on that list is full of fail. Downsmash = High. F-smash = High. Up Smash = Middle.

Tenki

Smash Hero
Tenki: I can create a video show casing Sonic's Spin Charge Looping. Next time I get on Brawl I will try.
You don't have to, lol. You can if you want, and we can use it as a demonstrational video or something in guides.

One of the newer vids of Mr 3000 actually have him pulling it off in a tourney match, which is what brought that issue back out into the open again recently.

Top Bottom