• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

MSC #5 M.A.S. Kami No Bachi 3-27-10 (Winthrop Harbor IL) RESULTS

Cosmo!

nerf zelda's dsmash
I think he plays a little melee... but what's your reasoning behind him switching? And you don't look like a d*ck, you're just making a suggestion. Are you trying to say he'd main Ganon in melee and that would give him a better chance? If so, I definitely agree with you. Outside that, Melee is such a HUGELY developed game, that if you're having a hard time trying to master one fighter (Brawl), making a transition to Melee will give you the same problems :<. Just my .02

Melee is mad..mad hard. Brawl is all about patience
My reasoning is because his post reminds me of... me last year. Replace 17th with 5th and replace Ganondorf with G&W. He also seems to have a mindset where he seeks to get better and is looking critically at his gameplay but is frustrated and is considering a new character. All of those things happened to me. I played melee before brawl though, so switching back after being frustrated was natural for me (so my suggestion to switch back is biased somewhat). If he doesn't have a lot of melee experience then it would be an incredibly difficult switch though, you are completely correct. Most of the people still playing melee are all very good and its hard to improve in this day and age.

No disrespect intended to any brawl players

SpongeJordan

Smash Lord
this is going to make me look like a big **** and maybe introduce a big stupid argument, but consider playing melee
[bigstupidargument]

I actually have fun playing people of equal skill level in melee, more than I do in Brawl.

Its just if its anyone at least slightly better or worse than me, its either ****ing frustrating or ****ing boring.

I'll do shoutouts in a bit! I promise! Just need to play a lil more B- and SC2 :X

Zwarm

Smash Hero
Brawl

1. M2K - It was fun watching you freak out when Meneil beat you in that MM. =P

4. Arty - :pikachu2:

5. Boom Boom Bagel (Hunger) - Thanks, Hunger! It's always nice talking to you too, besides the OverZwarm thing. =P Also, I didn't drop ROB, I'm just not playing him for a while.

7. Kain - Brawl sucks, play Brawl Minus! Wolf actually ***** there!

7. Nappy - I'm just glad I beat your MK with ROB, even if I didn't win the set. =)

9. Quik - Voltorb Flip is too addicting! I love how Arty told me to get my Pikachu to Anther level, and you told me to get my ROB to Ocean level. You have no idea how much I'd love to be that good with either of them.

9. Akashi - I can't help it, you intimidate me when we play, you read me too well. :ohwell:

9. Ook - You definitely got first place next time! Wario's CG's are lame.

13. YoshQ - I'm kinda glad we haven't been in pools together lately, your Luigi scares me. =P

13. Fatboy - It's always nice talking to you, Marshall. I'll be sure to fix those CSP's, once I figure out why they won't work for me on vBrawl.

13. Revenge of the Sniffers (Sago) - Double MK makes me sad.

13. Scythe - We need to play some Melee sometime. I can only improve by getting *****. =P

17. Goup Fister 1000 (Grimace) - It was nice talking to you! We should definitely play some more next MAS. Pools were just too ridiculous.

17. DLA - Hope your fever went away. :dedede:/:dk2: is a pretty beast team, we should team again sometime. Hopefully we don't have to face so many MK's next time. Thanks for the ride, you're always such a big help to us carless Depaul kids. =P

17. Kennispam - Lucky Star too goodz.

17. Meneil - Good **** against M2K, Mel! We should have just gone home after that LT set, that was by far the best of the night.

25. Dragmire - Man, so close in LT and pools. I'll get you next time! MM?

25. Corms - Having fun playing Atlantica?

Did not make it out of pools

33. Breezy - Brawl Minus Jiggz is too good.

33. Zwarm - :dedede:/:pikachu2: for a while! Stop being so terrible!

33. SpongeJordan - Get more sleep next time, Monster is nasty. Brawl Minus MM next time?

Melee

3. Cosmo - I now know why people hold your Zelda in such high regard, you're ridiculous with her! Regarding what you're talking about above, I'm actually trying to get more into Melee. This was the first tournament I decided to enter, and I can only get better by getting wreaked a few times, at least in my opinion, =P
7. Scythe - :lucario:
9. Quaz - Your Peach is really good! Just don't get so mad when you lose, just try to take it in stride, and use it as a learning experience! I actually had fun getting wreaked in Melee, believe it or not.

13. Deek - Man, our matches were way too close!
13. Oro - Oro, Bzoo, what do you even go by now? I'll probably still call you Oro regardless. XD Hopefully if we room together next year, we can play more, and I can start sucking less.
17. Ook - Ook, we didn't do so well. XD Did you have fun at least? I didn't get a chance to see you play any pools matches.
17. Zwarm - Just gotta work on the tech skill... and a lot of other stuff. XD

SpongeJordan

Smash Lord
1. M2K (Split) - I started my Wii today and two seconds in a Pokeball popped up. My first thought was "?" then "Oh.". :p
1. Judge (Split) - Yeah, you ****.
3. Shugo (Split) - ^
4. Arty - I shouldn't have agreed to that first Ganon ditto XD But seriously though, that was incredibly fun. Hope to do it again next time :p
5. Boom Boom Bagel (Hunger) - Toon Link is in this game? AND HE'S GOOD!?
5. MN Moe - Probably don't remember me, but I was the Lucas that you and Nappy gangbanged. No lube.
7. Kain - Brawl- is legit and you know it :p
7. Nappy - That third match vs Triple R... nuts, man, just nuts. I'm pretty sure you cheated, just not sure how yet.
9. Quik -We didn't play! D:
9. TripleR - Get fair spiked IMO :D
9. Akashi - You're still the funnest guy in the building at all times. Sometimes Webster almost achieves Akashidom, but then you out Akashi him with that silly hair of yours.
9. Ook - Read your name. Now add about 30 o's. That's my shoutout.
13. YoshQ - ****IN LUIGI FUUUUUUCK SHIIIIIT FUUUUUU. Anyways, hope you enjoy your new (old) SD card!
13. Fatboy - You lost on Cruise with MK :O
13. Revenge of the Sniffers (Sago) - Glad to see you found B- as fun as I do :p
13. Scythe - Glad to see someone else introducing people to B-
17. Goup Fister 1000 (Grimace) - I don't get it =[
17. DLA - You're incredible. I love you. No homo.
17. Swani - Snake? SNAAAAAAAAKE!
17. Loki - I don't care how long its been since Dragmire's played Brawl, he's still **** good with Ganon D:<
17. Ankoku - ****, I was REALLY hoping you outplaced Kennispam. /sigh.
17. Kennispam - 17th!? Don't quit your day job. OH WAIT. Also, your Wario rivals that of my Yoshi.
17. MagicJosh - Get better at Mario, **** it! You got the potential, just look at your higher tier characters!
17. Meneil - What Dietz was screaming in your last match, I was thinking. That **** was SO intense. Even though you lost, you took a set from the guy who consistently wins Low Tier tournaments. Seriously, that BLOWS MY MIND.
25. LesGoldrock - ****IN LUIGI FUUUUUUCK SHIIIIIT FUUUUUU. Also, your name is BY FAR the hardest to learn. I was just kind of saying Leseghughghuh.
25. Dragmire - You deserved that dollar. And your hair is perfect as it is, I don't see why you don't just dye your hair to be a vocaloid instead of using a wig :p
25. RedRyu - We're doing doubles next time for sure, and there's nothing you can do about it :p
25. Gadiel_VaStar - I lied in Les's shoutout, your name is infinitely harder to figure out without looking at. Thank god you just said "Call me G." or else I would be mumbling like crazy :p
25. Koose - You made it out of brackets? Good **** dude!
25. Tony - You made it out of pools too? We gotta Lucas ditto again sometime, I wanna see how you did it :p

33. Dietz - Did not make it out of pools? Must not have slapchopped nearly enough. I'm imposing a minimum for you - at LEAST 3 slapchop kills per game. Anything less and you've failed. It's like getting hit by Warlock Punch makes you immediately lose the entire set.
33. Mimeman - That Chun-Li is pretty nice. I really would like to learn some combos that don't involve short airdashes with Morrigan, but I honestly don't think anything does. Ah well, it was fun :p
33. Zwarm - B- MMs next time? Did you actually ask that? OF COURSE! Jeez! Thanks for running it, if at least for a little bit, needed my B- fix after that much vB ;)
33. SpongeJordan - You vowed to make it out of pools. Then Hunger, Judge, Les, and MagicJosh happened to appear in your pool. You then vowed to make it out of pools NEXT time. Oh well, keep rockin' that Low Tiers and Doubles.
41. Moozle - You were last in your pool? Man, that SUCKS, you're really good with your Peach. I'll just chalk it up to a sandbag tournament for you, but you better bring your A game next time! Else I'll tattle on you to Webster, and when HE finds out you're not bringin' your A game, he'll have a word or two for you!

Xyless

Smash Master
I was totally at the tournament. Don't question this.

Shoutouts:

1. M2K - I would've driven you home if I didn't have so much homework!
1. Judge - Quit losing to someone from Ohio.
3. Shugo - Same shoutout as M2K's.
4. Arty - Pika etc.
5. Hunger - Play Brawl-! Wario isn't the same anymore.
5. MN Moe - Don't know who you are.
7. Kain - Do you have a brother named Undertaker?
7. Nappy - I hear you're good.
9. Quik - Way to lose to someone and ruin MK MK Falco Falco Wario Wario. Probably lost to Kain.
9. TripleR - What are you doing not teaming with Breezy? Team Kamikaze is the greatest.
9. Akashi - I almost beat you once.
9. Ook - You beat Fatboy! Quit being an MK counter!
13. YoshQ - Hope you're still repping my Save Replay texture.
13. Fatboy - Brawl- is out officially (the one at the tourney was an old build, silly Zwarm).
13. Sago - I hear you played Brawl-. I hope you liked it, because then you'd be the first Samus main to not protest the game (always the Samus mains).
13. Scythe - Shoulda talked more.
17. Grimace - Needs more Luigi.
17. DLA - Step it up! Ganondorf mains should never place below #5.
17. Swani - Snake and Marth? Sounds hot.
17. Loki - You should play Lucas. He suits your name more. You could call him Lokas.
17. Ankoku - Did people actually RECOGNIZE you?
17. KenniSPAM - Needs more whip.
17. MagicJosh - ROB? What happened to DDD? Not that I'm complaining, I love fighting ROBs.
17. Meneil - You may have only gotten #2 in LT, but you got #1 in our hearts (M2K got #0).
25. LesGoldrock - That's a long name.
25. Dragmire - You are not Dragnmire, stop fooling us.
25. Folk - Folk likes to poke.
25. Corms - Zelda sucks.
25. RedRyu - Where's Peach?
25. Gadiel_VaStar - UNDERSCORE.
25. Kouse - Same shoutout as Loki's, except replace Lokas with Klouse.
25. Tony - LUCAS YESSSSS.

GUYS WHO DIDN'T MAKE IT OUT
33. Zwarm - PIKA PIKA PIKA PIKA PIKA PIKA (ROB sucks lolz). Also, how the heck did you use Bowser/Ness in LT when they aren't LT anymore?
33. Spongejordan - Brawl+ is totally better, fellow developer.
33. Alex - Her Majesty's a pretty nice girl.
33. Dietz - But she doesn't have a lot to say.
33. Breezy - Her Majesty's a pretty nice girl.
33. Mimeman - But she changes from day to day.
33. Frank - I want to tell her that I love her a lot.
33. Leroy - But I gotta get a belly full of wine.
41. Shawreck - Her Majesty's a pretty nice girl.
41. Thug - Someday I'm going to make her mine, oh yeah,
41. Se-kert -Someday I'm going to make her mine.
41. Moozle - Hi Moozle.

OTHER SHOUTOUTS:
Quaz - I tried out Melee Peach. She's lots of fun, but I won't be dropping my Mewtwo for a long time. Too stubborn.

BoTastic!

Smash Master
NNID
BoScotty
RRR I love you man! You went Mario! <3 Better than that you got 5th! Legit bro. Man I wish i was there. o.O. And once again, good stuff, Meneil!.

Oro?!

Smash Hero
My reasoning is because his post reminds me of... me last year. Replace 17th with 5th and replace Ganondorf with G&W. He also seems to have a mindset where he seeks to get better and is looking critically at his gameplay but is frustrated and is considering a new character. All of those things happened to me. I played melee before brawl though, so switching back after being frustrated was natural for me (so my suggestion to switch back is biased somewhat). If he doesn't have a lot of melee experience then it would be an incredibly difficult switch though, you are completely correct. Most of the people still playing melee are all very good and its hard to improve in this day and age.

No disrespect intended to any brawl players
It's hard but not impossible. I mean I just started Melee in August 09 (literally, I first wavedashed that month and learned how to L cancel), and I consider myself decent. Came from the same situation as you though. Yoshi was fun in Brawl, he sucked, and I underperformed due to the suckiness of my character. I tried playing MK with mixed results, and figured it wasn't worth it. Learning a new character was just as hard as learning a new game.

DLA if you want to at Kirk's, I will literally sit down and Melee you through the night. Even i you don't want to play tournament Melee, you could still raise that tech skill from 0-however high you can get. Once you get it down, it's like riding a bike. You might need to get the rust off after a long hiatus, but you really never lose it.

Shoutouts portion
Hunger- wtf where's my bro love? I lent you my jacket so you could be a greaser mutha****a.
JohnBlue-Tight set. I'm dissappointed you lost to Mundungu and Chris, but I'm not sure I would've done better if I had gotten in. Mundungu was on fire and Chris and I go pretty even. (cept when he gets off like once out of 3 games.)
Zack152-I'm sorry what M2K did to that little Pichu. What a jerk! Your Falco definately got a lot better though. Keep practicing him!
Chris- Falcon bromance.
Arty-Pika Pika
M2K-I'm never playing Falcon against a Sheik again. That was horrible.
Scythe- I wish I recorded you when you were screaming because 2 falcons were on you. Good **** in Brawl. No clue how you do so well still. >.>
Zwarm- We be training up your Melee at Kirk's as well.
Kels- You got a game off of M2K and beat him in Doubles. Now beat him in singles with Fox already!
Cosmo-All Zelda... it is too legit. I wanna watch you do a full OOT speedrun sometime as well.
Tink- Those tags definately made you win doubles. Believe it.
Mundungu- Good stuff with Fox. That game against Tink on Yoshi's was sooo close! Your Ganon is rediculous in doubles too.
Rat-Your Falcon thinks he is Samus or something! Knee some more!!!
Quaz-STOP THROWING ****!!!
Sanchez- Fun friendlies. Get down that gentlemen.
Anyone I forgot, sorry.

BoTastic!

Smash Master
NNID
BoScotty
It's hard but not impossible. I mean I just started Melee in August 09 (literally, I first wavedashed that month and learned how to L cancel), and I consider myself decent. Came from the same situation as you though. Yoshi was fun in Brawl, he sucked, and I underperformed due to the suckiness of my character. I tried playing MK with mixed results, and figured it wasn't worth it. Learning a new character was just as hard as learning a new game.

DLA if you want to at Kirk's, I will literally sit down and Melee you through the night. Even i you don't want to play tournament Melee, you could still raise that tech skill from 0-however high you can get. Once you get it down, it's like riding a bike. You might need to get the rust off after a long hiatus, but you really never lose it.
Melee me too if I go to kirk's. D:

DLA

"Their anguish was my nourishment."
NNID
DLAhhh
Hmm I'll take you up on half of that offer. I'll spend the other half of the night practicing with a certain ****** bat.

The main reason I barely ever use MK (even though I'm not bad with him) is because I hate losing with him. After I lose.... that's it, you know? I just lost with, by far, the best character in the game. I'm so used to overcoming such a huge deficit every match while playing Ganondorf that, when I lose with a character that actually has an advantage on everyone, I feel a lot worse than I actually am. And I hate that feeling.

Anyways, I've decided to get over it and not care what anyone thinks. I know how good I am and that's all that matters.

Oro?!

Smash Hero
Melee me too if I go to kirk's. D:
Alright. Haven't played Melee with you since the old Play N' Trades, around the time I just picked Melee up. :bee:

Hmm I'll take you up on half of that offer. I'll spend the other half of the night practicing with a certain ****** bat.

The main reason I barely ever use MK (even though I'm not bad with him) is because I hate losing with him. After I lose.... that's it, you know? I just lost with, by far, the best character in the game. I'm so used to overcoming such a huge deficit every match while playing Ganondorf that, when I lose with a character that actually has an advantage on everyone, I feel a lot worse than I actually am. And I hate that feeling.

Anyways, I've decided to get over it and not care what anyone thinks. I know how good I am and that's all that matters.
Good man. I've been thinking about giving it another whirl with that ****** bat too. Just think anyone you go even with using Ganon, then think about how bad you will wreck them when you get that much MU experience with MK. It will be rediculous DLA.:laugh:

BigD!!!

Smash Lord
melee is pretty hard to get into at this point, but i'll be honest and say that getting good is still totally possible and getting decent really isnt even unreasonable, especially if you live in chicago

if youre good at tech chasing and etc like you say, really all you need to do is play enough to get used to the speed at which you need to be reacting

tech skill just sort of comes to you so long as you learn basic techniques

Shugo-Chan

Smash Lord
Jason why didnt you just let that girl win you jerk.

<3 Meneil..shoutouts take too long

Zwarm

Smash Hero
33. Zwarm - PIKA PIKA PIKA PIKA PIKA PIKA (ROB sucks lolz). Also, how the heck did you use Bowser/Ness in LT when they aren't LT anymore?
I'm a ninja.

Just read the first post on the new tier list, it says Bowser/Ness are borderline, and it's up to the TO to let them in or not. I asked Akashi if I could use them, and he said it's alright.(I have no other low tiers D:)

Xyless

Smash Master
Zack152-I'm sorry what M2K did to that little Pichu. What a jerk!
That reminds me of when I tried to face M2K with Mewtwo in Ann Arbor once. I was trying to see if I was able to handle playing Melee without springs, and figured "hey, why not get ***** in the process?" Long story short, Melee without springs is tough to cope with, and M2K 4-stocked me, took my controller, went under FD with Mewtwo, and so on.

I can't wavedash or L-Cancel worth crap without my springs :(

napZzz

Smash Hero
Hey, thanks. Exactly how do I play different? I never really paid attention.
i'm sure the reason you play different from kenni is because you play sheik right.

also, is anyone sure of where the vids from this are gonna get uploaded :S

KenniSpam!

Smash Master
i'm sure the reason you play different from kenni is because you play sheik right.

also, is anyone sure of where the vids from this are gonna get uploaded :S
Bu-dum-CHH!

I personally think the only major difference is that i grab a lot more :/ we play very similarly, quik dont know nothin' :)

Quik17

Smash Ace
Hey, thanks. Exactly how do I play different? I never really paid attention.
Kenni plays much more aggressive from what I remember. He also has an easier time landing setups to grabs on Wario. On the otherhand he rolls much more so I can land kills on him more often.

Or something like that lol...

MagicJosh

Smash Apprentice
ankoku for real even though u caught me when i wasn't in my A game, ur shiek still *****. I couldn't belive half the crap u got away with those few games

DLA, glad to know you won't quit, because whether or not you place high, you're still MAD good. It's impossible to EVER count you out.

john!

Smash Hero
You don't have to change the OP, but I went mostly Sheik this tourney (I used Peach and Puff I think only once)... it's because I'm strongly considering making her my second main and wanted to see how I'd fair with her in tournament.

Gadiel_VaStar

Smash Champion
NNID
GadielVaStar
I had a fun time @ my 1st tournament. I thought people would be more energetic @ a tournament, but maybe everyone was just serious and wanted to win. It was fun talking to all of you and I hope you OOS(Nebraska, Minnesota, MI) players had a safe trip back. I tried to converse w/ everyone I could, but I seemed to not get many matches in. Maybe I got distracted w/ all of the talking. If I forgot your gamertag, and we played- I apologize.

1. M2K- fun friendlies w/ you. You wrecked me hard. I was upset when they took you away to go play melee because the game was set on 99 stock battles and I felt that I could have learned a lot.
1. Judge- fun MM. I got wrecked once again, but I learned that I suck @ the MK matchup. I will still be training up Pit, but I hear you w/ using "better" characters.
3. Shugo- played you in pools. Your Falco was very impressive. I see my mistakes now, and I'll give you a good match if I play you again.
4. Arty- we'll play next time ^_^
5. Boom Boom Bagel (Hunger)- we'll play next time ^_^
5. MN Moe-you ***** me in doubles, all of you guys from MN were chill.
7. Kain-fun friendlies & thnx for the advice.
7. Nappy-we didn't play! next time.
9. Quik-I didn't play
9. TripleR-you ***** me 1st round in low tier brackets & regular brawl brackets. It was fun chillin & talking w/ you.
9. Akashi-I didn't get to play you!
9. Ook-you impressed me so much! I saw you 2 stocking Moe 2nd round, I'm sad that you didn't win.
13. YoshQ-didn't play you
13. Fatboy-lol, you were funny. You ***** me in pools >_<
13. Revenge of the Sniffers (Sago)-you were pretty chill, but I didn't play you! Next time.
13. Scythe-didn't play you
17. Goup Fister 1000 (Grimace)-fun friendlies, maybe we can play more next time.
17. DLA- you ***** me in doubles. Don't give up though, your a good player! Maybe we can get some friendlies in next time ^_^
17. Swani-did we play?
17. Loki- fun pool matches. Your MK was better than your diddy.
17. Ankoku- didn't get to play you
17. Kennispam- I believed we played in doubles friendlies.
17. MagicJosh- I can't remember if we played or not.
17. Meneil- awesome job in low tiers. You wrecked me in bracket. I didn't think Ike was that good, lol.
25. LesGoldrock- it was fun teaming w/ you.
25. Dragmire-I can't remember if we played or not.
25. Folk-I can't remember if we played or not.
25. Corms- thnkx for wrecking me in low tier brackets. it was fun chatting w/ you & thnkx for the Zelda advice.
25. RedRyu-did you team w/ M2K in friendlies?
25. Gadiel_VaStar- you suck, but you'll be better prepared next tournament.
25. Kouse- I can't remember if we played or not
25. Tony-it was fun chatting w/ you, I don't think we played.

*Bracket: http://yfrog.com/9emasbrawlsinglesbracketg *

33. Alex-I think we played a lot of doubles friendly matches.
33. Dietz-lol @ our low tier bracket match. I got lucky...
33. Breezy- fun pool matches. I know you wanted to do better in regular brawl, but you placed 3rd in low tiers!
33. Mimeman-didn't play you
33. Zwarm-didn't play you
33. SpongeJordan-fun chatting w/ you
33. Frank-didn't play you
33. Leroy-didn't play you
41. Moozle- what r u doing down here! you were pretty good. I think you just weren't in the zone @ this tournament.
41. Shawreck-didn't play you
41. Thug-didn't play you
41. Se-kert-I can't remember if we played or not

Overall, I enjoyed myself. I'm bummed about my placement, but I'm sure it will get better. I had a great time talking to all of you. The melee players were mad hardcore & serious. I think I caught a glimpse of your Zelda Cosmo. It was the best I've ever seen!

Siekertr21

Smash Rookie
So yea I never used toon link in singles. I actually used Lucario. Oh well! It was super fun though getting stomped and learning a lot. I think Arty was curious if I was serious or not when he faced me in the first pool lol. I've got some learning to do.

C-krt

Top Bottom