• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

MSU Weeklies+Monthlies: 4/21/11

Winnar

Smash Lord
I think I already stated that there were hotkeys, but how you use those hotkey is ENTIRELY different. WoW can have close to 50 hotbar hotkeys if I remember correctly. MS has 8... And using those is based on learning to use them. I can't just use certain attacks every time, and sometimes I need certain spacing to make an attack work, or a certain number of enemies to make it worthwhile, etc...

As for comparing L-cancelling to hotkeys... whoa... You have to practice L-cancelling to learn it. Anyone can press the number 5 to initiate said attack. My point is that hotkeys derives the game of any required skill from the player.
iirc you have to consider spacing in every MMO, regardless of how many hotkeys you're allowed to map

I seriously don't understand though, what's the difference between a hotbar and a hotkey? The number of keys you can map? Why would having more/less hotkeys be the basis for skill/no skill?

I mean I played a lot of PSO, RO, and a little maplestory

In the original PSO you only had 6 "hotkeys" or whatever to map, does that make me super skilled? :D

I hate haikus

BSL

B-B-B-BLAMM!!!
NNID
bsl883
3DS FC
3308-4560-2744
I did mine on accident. Or at least the first line on accident. So I made the whole thing one.

LlamaSensei

Smash Ace
PSO on the GC was awesome! I loved that game... It was really intense later in the game. And yes, that game required a lot of skill compared to WoW. Especially when the monsters were faster than your character and you were trying to hit them with ranged attacks.

Technically all MMO's use a hotbar, my argument is just that in WoW I sat there and bashed it out with a monster until it died. Since I was a resto-shaman I had to think more than some of the other guild members, but I still just created key sequences that worked in situations. In MS I never created a sequence of keys, it was just on the fly according to whether I could handle a monster or not.

And I know what PvP and PvE is! lol. :cool:

_lemons

Smash Journeyman
haha, I figured you did, I was just making sure :bee:

And that's what you get for trying to grind with a resto-specced class noob! =P

But yeah, I play a mage aka the most skillful class in any game ever conceived. Kite or DIE!

_lemons

Smash Journeyman
So any of you guys ever read Watchmen? I picked it up at Best Buy the other day, it's SO GOOOOOD.

inb4 someone wants to talk about boring ole smash again.

Winnar

Smash Lord
Yeah both of them were pretty awesome

So I'm not sure if we're doing brawl doubles or not, but we're definitely starting pre-registration for brawl somethings at 9 A.M., the tournament starts at 10 A.M.

Be here, bring setups, etc. It's going to be awesome! :D

also

Happy New Year! :D

Winnar

Smash Lord
Yeah both of them were pretty awesome

So I'm not sure if we're doing brawl doubles or not, but we're definitely starting pre-registration for brawl somethings at 9 A.M., the tournament starts at 10 A.M.

Be here, bring setups, etc. It's going to be awesome! :D

also

Happy New Year! :D
it was only two posts ago dude lol

Talon

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Talon
3DS FC
0404-8185-5062
If that song plays, I'll pick you up at whatever mile marker I drop you off at, when were returning. Sorry I forgot about Wolfe lol.

And how do hotbars require skill? Maybe some tactical knowledge, but not skill.
What if I put it in english so you can understand the lyrics?Then maybe you could feel the hype that I feel!!

Vts

Smash Champion
Everyone needs to bring some pennies so i can penny MM people so it gives me reason to play people 2/3 :D, You can pick my character if you want but my good ones are Popo and Nana.

get at me :D

Winnar

Smash Lord
Okay we now have a schedule! If anyone sees any problems with this then definitely let me know now, thanks :D

9:00 AM - Brawl Singles Registration
10:00 AM - Brawl Singles Pools, then Brawl Singles Bracket starts immediately after pools finish
12:00 PM - Lunch Break
1:00 PM - Finish Brawl Singles Bracket
2:00 PM - Melee Registration
3:00 PM - Melee Doubles starts
6:00 PM - Dinner Break
7:00 PM - Melee Singles Pools starts, Melee Singles Bracket starts immediately after pools finish
ps vts I'll take you up on that

EXPECT A DOUBLE OR NOTHING SALTY MM IF I LOSE THOUGH

Vts

Smash Champion
Okay we now have a schedule! If anyone sees any problems with this then definitely let me know now, thanks :D

ps vts I'll take you up on that

EXPECT A DOUBLE OR NOTHING SALTY MM IF I LOSE THOUGH
i'll do a solo popo mm vs you also.

its like a gimp mario :)

also if i lose be ready for a double or nothing!

Cursed Yoma

Smash Journeyman
this sounds good. ill be there hopefully after lunch break. maybe play few brawl friendlies . 64 smash still on right ? i got the day off so if nothin happens ill be there... just gotta find the way after i get to the college...

LlamaSensei

Smash Ace
64 Smash is still on! I would never not play that! The 'song of infamy' is actually good for about 3 minutes, then you starting pulling your hair out.

@Talon
: I'd listen to the American version for curiosity's sake. & what version and level are your pokemon? I've been playing Ruby recently. All mine are level 60 right now, and I'm EV training some new ones.

**note: I'll try to be there by 9, but since it's a 3 hour drive I make no guarantees. We'll be there by 10 for sure, I just can't make any guarantees. Especially since I've never made the drive before.

Cursed Yoma

Smash Journeyman
also there is a good chance my friend todd wont make it so anyone who would like to do teams but has no partner im open.
if he is able to come though thats different

LlamaSensei

Smash Ace
Are you talking partner for Melee or for Brawl? I'll partner with you for Brawl, but you don't WANT me partnering with you for Melee.

Cursed Yoma

Smash Journeyman
yeah what he said. melee doubles. i aint enterin brawl. but i might play some friendlies . gonna try and show up around 11 or twelve to get plenty of practice cause i need it. btw ill quarter mm someone . ill use low tiers and you can use whoever. i dont mind losin quarters

edit: who all is bringin set ups and for which game.
i can bring my wii plus melee. might bring my tv. its old and heavy though.. dont wanna carry it alot. but dependin on how many set ups we got one more may not hurt

LlamaSensei

Smash Ace
I'm bringing 3 TV's and setups:

1 N64 + TV
1 Brawl +TV
2 Melee + TV (Use the same tv twice, but one is only usable for melee because it needs an RF converter.)

Talon

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Talon
3DS FC
0404-8185-5062
I'll be bringing myself and hope that's enough entertainment.lol

LlamaSensei

Smash Ace
I'll be bringing myself and hope that's enough entertainment.lol
That's because at this rate, we'll have no room in my truck for setups lol.

So... I am going to try and bring all those setups. It depends on which vehicle I get, and who is coming with me. My numbers have grown...

It looks like I'll be taking Talon, Wolfei, Iori, Sudomaru, Testsujin, and myself. If I get the truck I can only bring the 64 setup, if I get one of the SUV's I can probably bring 2 setups. I'll talk to my family tonight and see what they say.

EDIT:
It looks like we'll be bringing DarkWing too. Memphis Brawlers FTW!

Talon

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Talon
3DS FC
0404-8185-5062
That's because at this rate, we'll have no room in my truck for setups lol.

So... I am going to try and bring all those setups. It depends on which vehicle I get, and who is coming with me. My numbers have grown...

It looks like I'll be taking Talon, Wolfei, Iori, Sudomaru, Testsujin, and myself. If I get the truck I can only bring the 64 setup, if I get one of the SUV's I can probably bring 2 setups. I'll talk to my family tonight and see what they say.
I love how you focus more on your set upss being more important than the bandwagon of players. *thumbs up* :awesome: lol

LlamaSensei

Smash Ace
I love how you focus more on your set upss being more important than the bandwagon of players. *thumbs up* :awesome: lol
If that was true, then I wouldn't be taking all of you. I'd give the setups priority over the players... soo.... I'm obviously putting you in front. I'm just stating that I'd like to bring setups, but I may not be able to. SO SHUT IT TALON! or it'll be Talon of the ****** Dance from now on! ;)

Cursed Yoma

Smash Journeyman
so anyone wantin to team with me ? my partner wont make it. if someone can get leave a number i could get a hold of someone once i fget to the college ? our internet is down and im on my phone so maps dont workim still not sure if i wanna bring my tv or not.. ill definately have my wii plus smash.
btw is this in the same buildin as last time ? i halfway remember how to get there if so. and really lookin foor a doubles partner if anybody open.

Talon

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Talon
3DS FC
0404-8185-5062
If that was true, then I wouldn't be taking all of you. I'd give the setups priority over the players... soo.... I'm obviously putting you in front. I'm just stating that I'd like to bring setups, but I may not be able to. SO SHUT IT TALON! or it'll be Talon of the ****** Dance from now on! ;)
You can't threaten me....I have the infamous song....Plus if you dare disregard my tag,something bad will happen to innocent doctors around the world.

http://www.halolz.com/2010/08/13/captain-falcons-check-up/

LlamaSensei

Smash Ace
You can't threaten me....I have the infamous song....Plus if you dare disregard my tag,something bad will happen to innocent doctors around the world.
Why do you always threaten innocent civilians? Is that the way of Talon? Talon the Murderous? You're riding on the roof!

Top Bottom