• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Music City Smash

Milln

Smash Champion
Awesome. Here's to a crappy Saturday by myself wishing I were at work.

I'll pay for you. Please come. :(

What if we did laser tag on sunday and had the tournament on sat? That way everyone is happy
Everyone except me. However, this is fine, because I am not a majority, anyway. I just don't want to play Smash on Saturday and would rather hang out with everyone while shooting the bajeezus out of them with lasers. Why not do the tournament on Sunday and Laser Tag on Saturday?

Handorin

Smash Hero
I'll pay for you. Please come. :(

What if we did laser tag on sunday and had the tournament on sat? That way everyone is happy
I guess I could then. I just won't enter any tournaments. Since I'm working now, I should have a bit of money to spare for gas, but unfortunately I don't make as much money as I used to. =/

Alrgureth

Smash Journeyman
Wild Papstr appeared!

I can't make the tourney the 29th as I already have some plans that day, but Kain and I will probably come to laser tag on the 30th that next day.

Rayku

Smash Lord
Anti-Rayku's graduation is the day before this tournament, therefore I have no ride (I'd have to leave somewhat late at night with a car I don't have)

Perhaps next month

Alex 615

Smash Apprentice
So I know I've been a huge slowpoke on this, but I'm finally getting around to the Brawl+ videos. They should finish encoding overnight, and hopefully start going up on youtube tomorrow.

Only problem is, I can't remember who used some tags. It would be much appreciated if anyone could tell me who these belong to.

Rocks
News
pNor
Potem
BK201

Milln

Smash Champion
So I know I've been a huge slowpoke on this, but I'm finally getting around to the Brawl+ videos. They should finish encoding overnight, and hopefully start going up on youtube tomorrow.

Only problem is, I can't remember who used some tags. It would be much appreciated if anyone could tell me who these belong to.

Rocks
News
pn0r
Potem
BK201
Potem is short for Potemkin, one of Will_'s names. Whoever used that name prolly just didn't care whose name they used.

BigLøu

Smash Lord
Anti-Rayku's graduation is the day before this tournament, therefore I have no ride (I'd have to leave somewhat late at night with a car I don't have)

Perhaps next month
I can go to this and drive if we split gas, I'm off Saturday but we'd have to head back that night because I work Sunday.

Want to team if you can go?

Handorin

Smash Hero
Considering this is starting to look big...I'll try my hardest to come. Can't really enter though because of money.

Rayku

Smash Lord
Alright I'm about 50/50 on going at the moment. If I do end up coming, I want money matches with people

KO $5 we'll decide characters
Mr. Pickle $5 Sheik vs. whoever
ZeonStew $5 we'll decide characters

Maybe some other takers. Might be down for Melee

ZeonStar

Smash Ace
Im definetely going. Im also bringing 2 friends, and possibly Frozn Hobo, unless hes going with Lounis or Rayku. Rayku, if you want to meet me at my place like usual, thatd be cool.

Also, im bringing the current closed beta version of Project Melee to show off, so if anyone wants to try that out, you should come.

Handorin

Smash Hero
Im definetely going. Im also bringing 2 friends, and possibly Frozn Hobo, unless hes going with Lounis or Rayku. Rayku, if you want to meet me at my place like usual, thatd be cool.

Also, im bringing the current closed beta version of Project Melee to show off, so if anyone wants to try that out, you should come.
HEY NOW

I was going to bring the current version of Project Melee. >_>

Handorin

Smash Hero
Reply 4500.
Lol. I think the main reason I got in beta is because I won't be able to play smash for two years

Seiki

Smash Apprentice
I've got work in the afternoon but will be able to come for friendlies.

FrozenHobo

Smash Hero
i know its the TO's perogative, but i'd just like to list the WBR's "official" stage list. you can feel free to ignore it (your current list seems to have been in place for a while anyway):

Starter:
Battlefield
Final Destination
Pokemon Stadium 2
Smashville
WarioWare (singles)/SSE Jungle (doubles)

Counterpick:
Halberd (singles)/Delfino Plaza (doubles)
Lylat Cruise
Yoshi's Island: Brawl
Pictoplus
Rumble Falls+
Brinstar
Pokemon Stadium
Castle Siege (1st transformation)
Luigi's Mansion+
Port Town Aero Dive+
Rainbow Cruise

Experimental CP/Banned:
New Pork City+:
Summit+: friction at the base affects every movement technique and makes fighting here very strange at times.
Skyworld+: hitlag exploits via the bottom platform keep this out of CP

Seiki

Smash Apprentice
I agree with the list except that WarioWare is definitely a counter-pick. It has deceptively small boundaries and the high platforms allows K.O.'s from the top pretty well. SkyWorld should be a cp. the hitlag has screwed me over less than that bull**** stage Brinstar. Plus, it is a significantly different stage that adds to the variety of cp stages.

eisley

Smash Cadet
I agree with the list except that WarioWare is definitely a counter-pick. It has deceptively small boundaries and the high platforms allows K.O.'s from the top pretty well. SkyWorld should be a cp. the hitlag has screwed me over less than that bull**** stage Brinstar. Plus, it is a significantly different stage that adds to the variety of cp stages.

Brinstar love! :smiliegor

FrozenHobo

Smash Hero
god, brinstar is an ANNOYING stage...

not that there's anything about it that makes it ban worthy, but the stage is just so frustrating to fight on.

KOkingpin

Smash Champion
i know its the TO's perogative, but i'd just like to list the WBR's "official" stage list. you can feel free to ignore it (your current list seems to have been in place for a while anyway):
Ill just post why i dont like certain things in certain areas

Starter:
WarioWare (singles) - This stage is too small to be a Starter. It promotes power chars too much. its is really overbearing imo. But i can see why they would want this stage to be a starter.

Counterpick:
Halberd (singles)/Delfino Plaza (doubles) - I would just perfer keep them both because Fox and Falco **** on Halberd because of the incredibly lose ceiling. Though they get wrecked on plaza

Yoshi's Island:Brawl - This stage is very balanced and honestly only gives a few characters small advantages (falco can laser camp the hell out of you and yoshi is a beast on this stage)

Pictoplus - Do we really need FD 2.0?

Castle Siege (1st transformation) - Take the lip off of the sides and Id be perfect with this stage

ps - i love brinstar.

FrozenHobo

Smash Hero
i don't think you know what pictoplus is.

its not a frozen pictochat. i went through and took out all of the campy/hitbox/otherwise annoying aspects of the stage and left in everything that was otherwise not a problem. see:

All hitboxes (fire, missiles, piranha, spikes, arrows, rolling car), the clock transformation, and the ladders have been removed. The stack of blocks now consists of fallthrough platforms, and all of its interior walls are walkthrough; the diagonal line between eyes is now fallthrough as well

as for castle seige, thats exactly whats been done.

have you even played this set?

KOkingpin

Smash Champion
i don't think you know what pictoplus is.

its not a frozen pictochat. i went through and took out all of the campy/hitbox/otherwise annoying aspects of the stage and left in everything that was otherwise not a problem. see:

All hitboxes (fire, missiles, piranha, spikes, arrows, rolling car), the clock transformation, and the ladders have been removed. The stack of blocks now consists of fallthrough platforms, and all of its interior walls are walkthrough; the diagonal line between eyes is now fallthrough as well

as for castle seige, thats exactly whats been done.

have you even played this set?
yeah i have just havent messed with those stages. cause we normally have them banned or no one plays on them. hmmm ill just mess around with them

I really just dont see the reason to try and make the CP list more complicated really as well. Like summit+ thats just a poorly designed stage there is no saving it. (without taking out the sliding and making it Battlefield 2)

FrozenHobo

Smash Hero
I did like Green Hill Zone+, Rumble Falls+, and Jungle Japes+. The others are just not need honestly. GHZ+ has a lip on the sides that i dont like that should be taken out since its been done on other stages.
i believe i have a pac that removes the lip from GHZ+.

just a note, in our testing the box in the center proved to be a high point for camping (why it wasn't included in the official set).

RF+ is indeed sexy.

JJ+ still has klap trap which some may find to be bad (though if you get stuck below the stage its your own fault).

additionally, pictoplus has been widely accepted as a near perfect CP stage (but again, your prerogative and i won't push the matter).

i'm impartial on PTAD+ and LM+.

NPC+ is just terrible, though.

i've been through enough discussions with the WBR about summit+ and why it shouldn't be included. people enjoy it for its uniqueness for just ****ing around which is why it was included.

KOkingpin

Smash Champion
i believe i have a pac that removes the lip from GHZ+.

just a note, in our testing the box in the center proved to be a high point for camping (why it wasn't included in the official set).

RF+ is indeed sexy. The only thing i dont like about RF+ is that on the right side chars cant finish Aerials from the ledge (I know for a fact that Samus' Fair gets canceled when she jumps up and does it unlike any other stage) Its like they never started in the first place.

JJ+ still has klap trap which some may find to be bad (though if you get stuck below the stage its your own fault). Klap trap is that stage dont ever take that out. Klap Trap kills are freaking funny as anything

additionally, pictoplus has been widely accepted as a near perfect CP stage (but again, your prerogative and i won't push the matter). I think we could try it out

i'm impartial on PTAD+ and LM+. I kinda like PTAD+ but i dont really like LM+

NPC+ is just terrible, though. Agreed

i've been through enough discussions with the WBR about summit+ and why it shouldn't be included. people enjoy it for its uniqueness for just ****ing around which is why it was included. It certainly in unique just not built for competitive play. Sliding Ike F Smash shenanigans
Put Electroplankton on the stagelist and I'll start playing Brawl+
Chad might kill you for that one. I already tried this once.

Power of Slash

Smash Ace
There's a possibility that I won't even be going to that aforementioned wedding, because luckily it interferes with my exams, and it'd be a hassle to reschedule now.

Meaning, I might be at this.

Most likely, I'm going to need a ride of some sorts seeing as the rest of my family 'is' going. I'll have the final word sometime this week.

j00t

Smash Champion
I wish I could go to this, but I'm taking summer classes and I'll most likely have an assload of homework to do. If I don't have homework I'll go though.

Top Bottom