• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Music City Smash

Zilyn

Smash Apprentice
So I'm on break until Wednesday, is there any chance we could have another meet up during that time? I'd love to get a little bit more practice!

Zilyn

Smash Apprentice
I know I haven't been in your community for very long, but I'm actually interested in TO9 as well. That's well after I get out for break, so I might consider making my way down there

WizKick

Smash Apprentice
Im interested im making my way down there, even though its during my finals. MMC smash crew is in the making, we have about 5 members and keep growing.

Also is there housing available for TO9?

I know the oraganizer talked about having discounted rates for those who want to stay at the venue. Dunne about anything other than that.

yoshiiscool

Smash Journeyman
Zilyn, I'm free monday and tuesday, so if you wanna come up, any time should be fine really. I'll get jeffy to come too, since he's not normally doing much, and you guys should be at a similar level. Just let me know what day/time you wanna be here.

DaiRDev1L

Hero of Hyrule
Yeah I'll be open at least today and maybe Tuesday as well. Today I can play starting at 3-4 for a couple of hours.

Zilyn

Smash Apprentice
Well I'm in town right now and I'll be free from 2-4 although I don't have my controller with me so I'd have to borrow one if there is a spare. And I might be able to play a bit tomorrow evening as well

Mr.Pickle

Smash Lord
I finally got internets again! Oh such a joyous day lol. Anyway sorry for flaking last weekend, I spent too much money on my car/was really tired from party rockin pretty much 2 days straight. Also I'm sorry to say this as well, but I don't think I can make it on saturday, because of an event in pickleland that requires my presence. I can however swing friday, as I can't see anything going on that day for me.

Alex 615

Smash Apprentice
Sucks that Pound is a one day tournament on the first day of a three day weekend, rather than the second day. Getting that Friday the 8th off seems unlikely, so I probably won't be able to make it.

Maynor

Smash Rookie
I'm glad I found this thread. I've been playing on and off for years, but I'm extremely new to this Smash community. I won't be able to get off work tomorrow, but I will try to get off next Friday if you guys will still be playing. I will try to bring a friend or two as well. Do you guys just play PM or do you play original melee as well?

Fatchu

Smash Journeyman
Martin Methodist College or Murfreesboro, TN
Hey guys, I'm thinking about making my way down to auburn on the 9th for a pm tournament if anyone wants to go with me. I know that is the same weekend as Pound 5.5, but I need to be back by Sunday, and I don't believe that you guys are going to make that journey back that day. So if you guys want to go to a tournament that day, but don't want to go that far let me know.

Here is the link: http://smashboards.com/threads/asl-...-brawl-pm-november-9th-2013-auburn-al.341067/

DaiRDev1L

Hero of Hyrule
Like do you mean you need to leave on Sunday, or leave on Saturday after the tourney? If I take people to Pound (I have a pretty comfy car) I was planning on leaving like 12 P.M. on Sunday. Haven't even discussed this with anyone....so yeah, where u at people

Zilyn

Smash Apprentice
I would actually be interested in going to either tourney. I'm not sure if I'm up for the 10 hour drive to Pound V though, I'd have to think about it. So would the plan be to leave on Friday then get back late on Sunday?

Zilyn

Smash Apprentice
That would be quite the feat for me as I've never gone more than 4 hours away, but i may be down to go. How much would it be for the hotel/gas?

DaiRDev1L

Hero of Hyrule
Um I found a three star hotel half a mile from the venue for $56 a night. That's pretty cost effective, especially if 3-4 people go.

DaiRDev1L

Hero of Hyrule
Actually nvm not necessary, I know you'll be around campus that Friday anyway. It adds virtually nothing to the trip cost. Total gas cost for the trip is going to come to $140 according to the calculation for my car's gas milage on map-quest. That may be a little more than it will actually cost, but my car tracks the exact gas milage for trips so if I overcharge, I'll pay back. Anyway, max gas price is 140 plus 112 for two hotel night stays=252 bucks. Split between three people that's 84 apiece, split between 4 its 63 apiece, between five it would be 50 bucks (hey guys, I can do math!). Four or five would be ideal considering there's a 10 dollar venue fee and a 15 singles entry fee. What do you all think?

Mr.Pickle

Smash Lord
Lol thats cool that you can do math jeffy, but how about learning to use the edit button to avoid a quadruple post. Not that anything is on fire because of it, just had to point that out.

Zilyn

Smash Apprentice
Well, as a starving college student and what not idk if I'll be able to scrounge up the money for that. Certainly not if it's less than 4 people going. I'll see what I can do, but I really would love to go to a big tourney like that!

DaiRDev1L

Hero of Hyrule
Lol sorry Pickle, I posted four times to signify the four shine spikes I had on you that one match last weekend.
Ok hope u can make it Zilyn!
What do you other guys think about going to Pound?

Top Bottom