• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

MUST READ FOR NEW PLAYER: Guide to Competitive Battling

rhan

Smash Hero
There's a screw up in the OP. Infernape picture where a Salamance is suppose to be. I have no idea if I'm the only one who reconized it. :)

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Move Relearner is a NPC in one of the towns who reteaches your pokemon a move they learn by level-up but don't currently know in exchange for an item, usually a Heart Scale.
Ah, thank you. I've only played Gold though. Only thing I can remember about that is the NPC who erases HM moves and others for you. I haven't seen any Relearner NPC's in gold as of yet. xD

SpiredMoth

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
3540-1813-9781
Ah, thank you. I've only played Gold though. Only thing I can remember about that is the NPC who erases HM moves and others for you. I haven't seen any Relearner NPC's in gold as of yet. xD
I don't know if there was a Move Relearner in GS, but I could be wrong.

Also he won't teach a pokemon a move they are not at a high enough level to learn by level-up.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Hmmm, that is pretty resourceful though. I sometimes regret having erased one move for the other. I plan to get Platinum in the future, so that I may be able to practice and battle with actual people haha.

SpiredMoth

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
3540-1813-9781
Hmmm, that is pretty resourceful though. I sometimes regret having erased one move for the other. I plan to get Platinum in the future, so that I may be able to practice and battle with actual people haha.
You could just wait until early 2010 and get one of the GS remakes, HeartGold or SoulSilver.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Thanks, I'm really glad they are coming out with that. I am afraid my Gold might die sometime soon. xD That is why I am constantly saving.

Wave⁂

Smash Legend
This post only pertains to the "Shoddy" portion of the guide, specifically starting at "Part 2: Moves".

Part 2: Add Heal Bell, Thunder Wave, xor Taunt
Part 4: Life Orb is two words
Part 5: Confusion and attraction aren't status by definition
Part 6.1: Expand on and define the tiers, including BL, NU, and mentioning Suspect testing

Part 7:
2.2.3: Replace the freaking picture of Infernape
7.2: Replace Steelix with Gliscor or Registeel
2.2.1.1: Replace Milotic's Hypnosis with HP Electric or Grass. Hypnosis is so DP.
2.3.2: NO ONE LIKES MUKING BLISSEY, try Clefable.
2.3.3: No one uses Dusknoir anymore. Hippowdon?
2.4.1: Toxic Spikes and Spikes on the same Pokemon is bad. Cloyster is bad. Replace with...
Skarmory @ Leftovers / Shed Shell
Random EVs and nature
Spikes
Roost
Whirlwind
Brave Bird / Drill Peck
2.4.4: No one actually uses Haze. Gyarados, Latias, or Hippowdon with Roar, or even Perish Song Celebi.
2.4.6: Umbreon.

UltiMario

Out of Obscurity
NNID
UltiMario
3DS FC
1719-3180-2455
I'm sure I could help in some way or another, I'm sure I could make something or another in respect to sets.

If this thread also pertains to cartrage play, then stuff about Acid Rain, and other cartrage exclusive elements, should be in here too, I actually have a juicy tidbit when it comes to Acid Rain, maybe I'll post it if revising this thing ever happens.

Circa

Smash Champion
NNID
timssu
3DS FC
1891-2120-4792
I seem to recall reading not long after the Shoddy 2 topic was started that Colin was actually going to implement the Acid Rain glitch into Shoddy 2. As for if it's still true, I don't know. He may have changed his mind since then.

UltiMario

Out of Obscurity
NNID
UltiMario
3DS FC
1719-3180-2455
You don't know what Acid Rain is...?
Wha.... how..... nevermind.

Pretty much, if Trick Room, SS, ANY WEATHER/BATTLE EFFECT is happenning except for Rain (Ironically enough), when using Pursuit when something is switching out, and that switching out Pokemon faints, suddenly all weather conditions (including TR and the like) happen simultaniously. Pokemon will take 4 turns of weather damage each turn, even getting damaged from their abilities due to the fun. Things like Rain Dish that heal HP will cause 4 turns of healing, and 4 turns of damage each turn. Only things like the Swinub Family which resist both weathers take no damage. Solarbeam takes no charge, BLizzard and Thunder are 100% accurate, and so on, and so on.

And this only occurs in Pt/HG/SS

Terywj [태리]

Charismatic Maknae~
That's pretty imba.

And I don't know about it because it's never happened to me / I've never seen it discussed at Smogon.
Or because I stopped playing cartridge Diamond after I had a "successful" PokeDex of 450 owned out of like 480 seen.

-Terywj

UltiMario

Out of Obscurity
NNID
UltiMario
3DS FC
1719-3180-2455
Acid Rain wasn't on Diamond.
Unless you mean that was the last to you played on a cartrage period.

Terrador14

Smash Apprentice
It's Sludge Bomb, not Smudge Bomb on Weezing. *chews on cheek*.

I hope to God that Colin won't put Acid Rain in Shoddy 2. It'll ruin laddering for me, since we ALL know Smogon will shift to Shoddy 2 faster than Severus Snape confronted with shampoo. The line is epic. Yes, I stole it.

UltiMario

Out of Obscurity
NNID
UltiMario
3DS FC
1719-3180-2455
Someone should Lock this thread and make a new one that fixes all the errors and is up-to-date.

supermarth64

Smash Ace
*Groan*

I'll be free to do it eventually. People don't mind if I use the same format, do they?

Wave⁂

Smash Legend
I think we could just take Smogon's guide and change little parts to update it.

Terywj [태리]

Charismatic Maknae~
Agreed. So would anyone be up for working with me on making a UU Guide just for fun / to add more projects to the PokeCenter?

-Terywj

SilentVerse

Smash Journeyman
I'm thinking maybe Writer and Silent could help me out too...?

-Terywj
I could help you if you want, since I know a fair amount on UU; but I'm kinda busy this week, as I still need to finish my Cresselia essay and possibly my Damp Rock one as well.

Terywj [태리]

Charismatic Maknae~
Alrighty. Chances are I'll be taking the main format from the OP of this thread.

Do you want me to make a topic about it and work on it progressively?

-Terywj

Top Bottom