• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

MUST READ FOR NEW PLAYER: Guide to Competitive Battling

Fuelbi

Banned via Warnings
Btw, now that we're talking about projects for the Poke Center, I think you guys should do maybe a Solo Run guide? I mean if you reach a gym that is your weakness, there SHOULD be some strategy to beat it right?

Terywj [태리]

Charismatic Maknae~
Theoertically you can just grind until you're at a good enough level. There isn't really a specific method out there, is there?

-Terywj

Fuelbi

Banned via Warnings
Yeah, but what if you want to do it as quickly as possible. Dude my pokemon is so **** disbalanced. My Horsea is lvl 50 when I have only covered about half the gyms...

Metal~Mario

Smash Lord
I couldn't stand a Speedrun.

I have a "get every item you see immediately" mentality.

My brother beat LeafGreen in 23 hours. Probably not a record, but still....

mood4food77

Smash Hero
solo runs depend on the poke you're doing it with
starters and early good pokes make it really easy
the low level evo bugs are really hard to do it with

also, there is some stuff wrong on the first page when it tries to explain in depth stuff (like teams and tiers)

supermarth64

Smash Ace
Ok so I'm homeworkless tm, so I'll get started on a new copy of this tm (maybe today when my mom's cooking).

Wave⁂

Smash Legend
I'm working on a section that will steal a team (perhaps Pink Reaper's old RMT) and explain how it works and why it works.

mood4food77

Smash Hero
yes tery, it is i

i've been lurking here for a while but since the poke forums on AiB are pretty non-existant, i decided to come back here

spire, since you're a mod, are you allowed to grant one of us the rights to edit the first post on this topic? or are we only allowed to PM you the edits and you place them in the OP on this topic? just wondering

the OP is fine until part 6, the true competitive part which is where it goes way downhill

if you want you can edit this in for the tiering as that's the easiest bit to fix:

Tiers in pokemon aren't your standard tier rankings. The list is based entirely on the usage of the pokemon in competitive battles. The tiers are broken down like this:

Uber
Overused (OU)
Borderline (BL)
Underused (UU)
Never used (NU)

OU, UU, and NU are considered the true tiers while Uber and BL are considered ban lists, but I'll get to that later. These are where the pokemon are actually ranked (not in order, that would take too much time and is pretty much pointless). If a pokemon is used a lot in standard battles, it goes down to UU. Standard Battle allows any pokemon from any tier but Ubers. After that, you can have what is called a UU battle, which allows you to ban any pokemon who is ranked above UU tier (Uber, OU, and BL). From here, the usage of pokemon is again taken and those who are used often enough are placed into UU and those who are rarely used go to NU.

Ubers and BL are considered ban-list tiers because they simply ban pokemon from certain types of battles. Ubers is the ban-list for OU while BL is the ban-list for UU. Ubers contains all of the very overpowered pokes (mostly legendaries) that would completely break standard gameplay. This group contains every pokemon with a base stat total (BST) over 600 (except for Slaking and Regigigas), Latios, Deoxys (all forms), Mew, Manaphy, Shaymin-S (sky form), Darkrai, Garchomp, Wobbuffet, and Wynaut. BL contains the pokemon that completely unbalance UU gameplay. BL contains Abomasnow, Crobat, Gallade, Honchcrow, Shaymin, Staraptor, and Yanmega. There is no ban-list for NU because there aren't enough people that play it and no poke seems unbalanced. BL pokes are allowed in standard battles but not UU battles.

Terywj [태리]

Charismatic Maknae~
I'm pretty sure only Spire can edit the OP. We could PM him with the edits.
If it's anything like Zetaboards at least, only a Mod / Admin can change the OP if they didn't post it.

Glad to have another veteran back. :)

-Terywj

supermarth64

Smash Ace
Wait someone explain to me who mood4food is, I came here after he left.

(Ignore my join date heh)

mood4food77

Smash Hero
word

i left to try and make more time for school, then AiB pops up and takes over my life
so...yea, failed attempt

i think it was me, tery, umbreon and i cannot remember the guy though?

Terywj [태리]

Charismatic Maknae~
During the Chill-era the Elite Four consisted of: Me, Mood4Food, Kenji, IC3R, and Wii4Mii. :)

Then Umbreon stepped in I believe, and that was probably right before I left due to leading the Twilight Heroes clan.

-Terywj

UltiMario

Out of Obscurity
NNID
UltiMario
3DS FC
1719-3180-2455
Whos this Mood4food guy.

I haven't been on the PC long enough dammit

mood4food77

Smash Hero
THAT'S WHERE WII4MII CAME FROM!!!!!

i came on a while ago and he messaged me and i was like, who the hell is this n00b?

Wave⁂

Smash Legend
I remember mood4food from some non-Pokemon thing, a long time ago.

Niiro

Smash Ace
Woah, this load of crap is still stickied? >.<

I might update it over Spring Break.

Deathfox30

Smash Journeyman
Just two things.

1) When/if you do your update, you might want to put Bug Bite on Scizor since he got it in HG/SS and it's more powerful due to technician. It's not really a big deal, but I'm worried new people might just copy it. :3

2) You have an Infernape pic over the Salamence set. D:

supermarth64

Smash Ace
I was making a new one but then you guys were like "meh just go to Smogon" so I stopped.

I can keep working on it if you want.

Niiro

Smash Ace
I think you should make one lol. I would update this one, but I kinda quit =3

Top Bottom