• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

(MW:W Cir) Event 52: Battle to End Hunger - May 7th, 2011 - Lawrence, KS

Sage JoWii

Smash Champion
NNID
G0J0J0
Dream beat Thugz and Thugz couldn't take the shame so he commit suicide. Dream, feeling a sense of guilt [if only slight, t'was palpable], decided to travel back in time and let him win. JoWii, feeling a rip in the fabric of our reality, sense something wasn't quite normal. Using rocket science, combined w/ mapping the trajectory of stars and planets and a healthy dose of god's green thumb, sniffed out the disturbance leading him to a t.v. where Dream and Thugz were having 'round 1' (but actually round2). Suddenly JoWii was overwhelmed at the sight of this blond Adonis playing what could only be described as 'Chudat and YbM's love child' play style. MJG and Domo must have felt the same because only moments later the pair were behind this jeezus Kirby with jaws dropped and eyes wide. And then, as if by some miracle of speech, hymns of miracles and the rebirth of the heavens started low in volume in the rolling hills of Africa. Dream started dash dancing, the music began to crescendo as it made it's way across the Atlantic. Afraid for his life, Thugz began to shuttle loop wildly and approach in the most unsafe manner possible; 'nado. A crash of thunder as the music hit the banks of the EC, in unison w/ Dream's FSmash ****** Thugz 'nado, THE CROWD GOES WILD.

Stocks are all tied up. The crowd is going bananas right now. Music of glory and honor is booming loudly as Dream prepares to win. Angels sit on there clouds watching from above; demons crawl from there pits to witness the second coming. And then,...

Dream yawned. He closed his eyes, and yawned the mighty roar of the king of beast...

AND SD'd. END STORY. THAT'S HOW IT HAPPEND.

MJG

Smash Hero
Dream beat Thugz and Thugz couldn't take the shame so he commit suicide. Dream, feeling a sense of guilt [if only slight, t'was palpable], decided to travel back in time and let him win. JoWii, feeling a rip in the fabric of our reality, sense something wasn't quite normal. Using rocket science, combined w/ mapping the trajectory of stars and planets and a healthy dose of god's green thumb, sniffed out the disturbance leading him to a t.v. where Dream and Thugz were having 'round 1' (but actually round2). Suddenly JoWii was overwhelmed at the sight of this blond Adonis playing what could only be described as 'Chudat and YbM's love child' play style. MJG and Domo must have felt the same because only moments later the pair were behind this jeezus Kirby with jaws dropped and eyes wide. And then, as if by some miracle of speech, hymns of miracles and the rebirth of the heavens started low in volume in the rolling hills of Africa. Dream started dash dancing, the music began to crescendo as it made it's way across the Atlantic. Afraid for his life, Thugz began to shuttle loop wildly and approach in the most unsafe manner possible; 'nado. A crash of thunder as the music hit the banks of the EC, in unison w/ Dream's FSmash ****** Thugz 'nado, THE CROWD GOES WILD.

Stocks are all tied up. The crowd is going bananas right now. Music of glory and honor is booming loudly as Dream prepares to win. Angels sit on there clouds watching from above; demons crawl from there pits to witness the second coming. And then,...

Dream yawned. He closed his eyes, and yawned the mighty roar of the king of beast...

Oh. Em. Gee.

This is the most amazing thing I have read in awhile.

Should be sig'd imo

Mr. Doom

Smash Hero
NNID
MrDoom8000
Hold on! What's this about an SD? I need for Dream to make a post real quick to confirm this for me.

DeLux

Player that used to be Lux
lol

You should have heard Jowii's commentary based off the metaphysics of Dream's existence as a Kirby going on during the match.

If that had been going down during my matches, I would have dropped at least 55 grabs due to the quandary.

bugexe

Smash Cadet
Wow. I was positive I'd finish like....last in brawl singles given it was my first tournament. I'll take a tie for 17th!

MegaRobMan

Smash Hero
Falco is a hard match-up and I was doing really well but in the end it didn't matter.
Falco is the best character, the only reason Fox is in the game is to be used to CP Falco.

LOL megarobman i wanted to play SMASH cuz it was a SMASH tournament, you're obviously probably better at mega man I only play 2 calm down!
Whatever, you are totally off the honorable mentions on the Nebraska PR :p I mean, you said Smash was just a hobby, Mega Man is life. I mean, I was ready to talk to you about why each level is Excellent/good/decent/lazy in full details, but no, nah, nope. Smash. Lame.

However, since you and I were 2 of 4 people to enter both tournamenets (Duck and Quote)...I can let it slide since I know how much time strain it took from me as well, and I finished way before you did. No excuses at Brainshock, though.

He's never going to play you in Mega Man because he scared.
Fluff removed for impact.

Jace08

Smash Lord
^lol, z always comes through when you need him

First off Lux thanks for making this event happen, it was a lotta fun! The fact that we raised $230 for the homeless is awesome, and I'd say everything went pretty smoothly

dmac, way to step up and run everything; the tourney would have happened as slowly as one of my massive smash brackets if you weren't there. Best bro ever

Mew2king- congrats and ggs, I dunno exactly why but you made falcon's easy combos seem like the hardest thing ever in our set. I'm really happy to hear you say "I'm making a comeback!" for melee and can't wait to see your vids at future nationals
Arc- yeah you're bad at this game lol
Jbm- I'm so used to losing to you, I can hardly believe what happened. Really sucks about your sd, I had the feeling that I was gonna lose that match
Cue- very slick falco, I wish I could be good at all fighting games in existence too lol. ggs
z- thank God you didn't knock me out of this tourney like all the others lol. my soul can only take so much crushing
Tyser- you know what's up haha CLOSEST SET OF MY LIFE ><
Massive- don't get discouraged, I know you got what it takes!
Strong Bad- even though m2k stole all our money lol I'm really glad you flew him out here, good stuff. And way to step up with your own cash at the end, I'll hit you up next massive smash or whatever
Sinister- wish I could have seen your matches and played with you some! keep it up dude even though this game is crazy
Smeesh- I love watching your games because you've got sooo much more creativity than me lol. Look forward to playing you more next time
Phat- you were soooo close to bringing it back against tyser! Also like with z I'm glad we didn't meet in brackets lol
Bert- I'm really glad you and sinister both decided to come out, it was great seeing you! You're really improving well
Buddha Lova- fun hanging out with you friday dude, I'm soooo glad you made that train ><. I hope all goes well with your move back to cali
Tempest- you're really funny to listen to and hang out with. Watch more armada videos and do work! You've got potential man
Quote-I'm sorry to hear you say you didn't play so hot at this tourney. Glad we got to hang out some at the end, but I wish I had asked to play you in 64!
Ybmp- fun games the night before, I loved exploring all those texture hacks with ya
Honda- glad you came by, not so glad that I was too busy to hang with you after all this time!
Duck- you're like the most legit dude ever >< I'm glad I finally got those nes sticks back to you lol
Joemotion- I didn't talk to you hardly at all at this tourney :( I'll see ya at massive's
Zantetsu- you're getting better man, and I think this tourney was really good for you. You're a very naturally talented player, and I didn't know this but apparently you're amazing at 64? We gotta fire that up next time dude
Bolun-glad you made it out, I think this was the first tourney where we didn't have to play ><
Rob- hmm yeah I don't think we really met, next time
Sherman the Tank- SOOOOO clutch for getting buddha to that train station in the nick of time, thanks so much for helping us out. I'm glad you're really interested in improving and look forward to playing you again
Drewbear- you seemed like a sponge just soaking up everything at this tourney haha. It's good. Glad we got to hang out some

edit: oh yeah, Fino! - thanks again for helping me after the tourney. Good job on getting 5th, and I'll get back to you on that housing you mentioned

sorry if I forgot anyone ><

Buddha Lova

Smash Apprentice
Buddha - You're a very quiet person, I didn't think you'd ever talk at the beginning but you ended up talking more and more. Anyway, that doesn't matter. You played a lot of characters very well and your fox destroyed mine in brackets. You made me realize I have a lot to work on my edge game. Thanks for the matches :)
You're fox is really technical! i definitely saw a lot of potential! And advice for your fox edge game just watch more videos you have excellent tech skill so I'm sure you'll have no trouble doing things you find to be effective.

13: Buddha Lova - stop sandbagging
NEVER!

Buddha Lova-GG's, you did an excellent job reading my bad habits, but I loved looking at your face whenever I killed you because you were like "Who is this scrub, and why can't I get a comfortable lead, and how is he reading me?"
haha i wish i could have seen my face too!

Shout-outs [MELEE ONLY]:
Buddha Lova - Good games bro. Your Fox was pretty technical but I get so much practice in that match-up with Smeesh that I was kind of prepared for it :p You have nice skills though. Hope you like it in KC. The fellas down there are real awesome.
Your samus is legit. I think falco does better in that match up tho as you would probably agree.

resTy

Smash Champion
Shout-outs [MELEE ONLY]:

Mew2Nerd - We didn't meet or nothing, but I watched your games from afar. Imagine in animes where that shy girl is admiring someone she has a crush on and she's hiding behind a locker or something. Yeah... Oh, and watchin you tear up ma boi Rob with one hand was pretty funny.

Arc - We finally got to meet after all this time. You're way friendlier of a person than I imagined. You reminded me of my best buddy when I was a kid which was pretty awesome. We should try to get some matches together next time we meet.

Jace - Close games man. I was just glad that I didn't get completely butt ***** like I did at HDR in pools lol. You improve every time we meet man. You're like the new Darkrain. I expect great things out of you bud.

Z - I finally ended my losing streak to you lol. Good games as normal. I think you let me get into your head too much in our Game 3. I expect another good set next time we meet tho. P.S. You need to get wasted again also. You're too funny in that form xD

Dmac - Dude, we didn't even get to talk that much it felt like. Next time, we're playing friendlies or something. Sorry we had to bail out on eating with you guys also but we were in a rush to get home for reasons I'm still unaware of :p

Massive - You're the only Jigglypuff player I get to play against dude. She's so annoying to fight -_- Good games though. We should get some friendlies or something in next time. Until we meet again.

Strong Bad - We should get more games in next time. Maybe not so late though. Find me and we can play as many friendlies as you want. I don't know nothing about the DK match-up and I don't think you know how to fight Samus either so it should be a good learning experience for the both of us.

Phat - When you went Doc in our first game, I was kind of annoyed lol. When you went Sheik it felt like you at least had to try so that was fun :p Good games though. Like with Z, I finally ended my losing streak to you. We're like 1-7 in sets now haha. Oh yeah, sorry about bailing on you the night before too. I'll make it up to you someday.

Bert - I think we were in the same pool? Good games dude.

Buddha Lova - Good games bro. Your Fox was pretty technical but I get so much practice in that match-up with Smeesh that I was kind of prepared for it :p You have nice skills though. Hope you like it in KC. The fellas down there are real awesome.

Ybmp - You're the guy from Springfield I think? I know I played you in bracket. Anyways, good games man.

Honda - Glad you made it to the tournament dude. We should get some friendlies in next time. I don't think I have ever played you in my life but we've met a hundred times lol.

Joemotion - You were in my pool I think. Good games bro.

Drewbear - You were also in my pool. Good games man.

Nebraska crew - Fun as always. Reading those stupid pictures with captions was great fun. And talking about gore and people dying was equally entertaining lol. We gotta go out of state more often. You guys are the best smash buddies a guy could ask for.

THuGz

Smash Lord

I... I have no words...

Bpow and Jowii might be tied in my tier list of friendship...

Rockstar

Smash Ace

John12346

Smash Master
NNID
JohnNumbers
Brawl Singles

1: Mew2king :metaknight: ($137.02)
2: Domo :metaknight: ($68.51)
3: Ensis :toonlink: ($36.89)
4: Holms :marth: :wolf: ($21.08)
5: raphael de la getto
5: Clel
7: Jalorda(Mr. Doom) :ike:
7: Johnny Deadshot
9: Zeton :fox: :metaknight:
9: Trent :sonic:
9: Nicole
9: Joker
13: Rockstar :ness2:
13: Fource :diddy:
13: Rob
13: Rick :metaknight:
17: Non
17: Bpow :warioc:
17: Heyden :yoshi2:
17: Stealth Raptor
17: Dillan :warioc:
17: Luke
17: Aura :toonlink:
17: DeLux :popo:
25: Thugz
25: Wang :luigi2:
25: Tempest
25: Dream :kirby2:
25: Scrub
25: Quote :marth:
25: Daniel
25: Duck
Correct for error/fill in the blanks, plz.

Where is Sage JoWii on this list? I need to give him a :kirby2:

AustinRC

Smash Lord
So I guess its time for shoutouts!!!!

1: Mew2king: Good job ****ing me up man. I've never been beaten that badly in tournament before. My *** still hurts. I'mma tag you back tho! lol

3: Jace: Getting better kinda scared to play vs you in tournament now you know almost all of my tricks and habits! : / Keep it up man!

4: Jbm: "I WANT TO BREAK FREE!" Nah serioulsy though you kids got talent in Nebraska but you def need to visit more and get better!

5: Cue: Insert needles into penis, most ****ed up conversation before a match man hahahahaha!

5: z: Always fun <3

7: Tyser: Hello handsome! ;D

7: dmac: Thank you very much for coaching me while I was playing my matches, I really appreciate it.

9: Massive: Always love hanging and talking with you, you are mah dude!!!

9: Strong Bad: You suck! But thanks for the compliments after my match made me feel a little better.

9: Sinister: I did try vs you however it was my first set of the day. You did remarkably well seeing as how I have so much experience in that matchup. Keep it up man if you continue to progress the way you are then you will become a good player.

9: Smeesh: Thanks for the herpes. *******.

13: Phat: Always fun chatting and having a beer with you. I need to get ****ed up with you again sometime soon and get into some crazy shenanigans.

13: Buddha Lova: Always nice to see you, sorry for *****ing. Something about Falco's lasers piss me off or maybe its just YOU! hahahahaha but yeah <3!!!

13: Tempest: Awesome name!

17: Quote: Red hair

17: Honda: HONDAAAAAAAAAAA

17: Duck: Quack

17: Joemotion: We should watch community at Massives sometime! I still need to get caught up!

17: Zantetsu: Definately not bad man. Havent seen you around before or really heard of you. You got talent just remember what I said and practice and play A LOT. Hit me up if you have any questions.

25: Sherman the Tank: I vaguely remember you...... <3

LinkMO: My bro and lover!!!! ;D <3 <3 <3 Fun eatin sandwiches with you on the table reminded me of when I was in high school for some reason had a good time! Looking forward to chilling with you again dude!

I think I got everyone, but if I didnt dont feel bad I love you!!!!!

P.S. Brawl Austin! Mad handsome dude. Was fun talking to you and having you commentate on the brawl match lol. "Putting it in his butt." Anyway do you live in lawrence? if so we should chill.

Ensis/ MJG: The way you play toon link while very campy I find the most intriguing style in all of brawl I actually dont mind watching your matches. If I could learn to play like that I might actually pick up brawl lol.

<3 you all peace!

Arc

MJG

Smash Hero
So I guess its time for shoutouts!!!!

Ensis/ MJG: The way you play toon link while very campy I find the most intriguing style in all of brawl I actually dont mind watching your matches. If I could learn to play like that I might actually pick up brawl lol.

<3 you all peace!

Arc
I think I died inside a little. I wish I could camp the way I used to camp D: but thanks. Ill play campier
gayer
for you :bee:

Buddha Lova

Smash Apprentice
Strong Bad and I were playing friendlies I up smash his sheik with fox at 90% I reset before he actually dies.

Strong Bad: I could have lived that!
Me: I'm pretty sure you were going to die.
Strong Bad: I was DI'ing perfectly!
Me: I think it kills regardless at 90%, do you want to test it?
Strong Bad: Yes i do.

Strong Bad then proceeds to go to training mode put sheik at 90% I up smash him he DI's and still dies then looks at me and says yeah you were right. Then we continue playing friendlies.
BEST PART OF THE TOURNEY BY FAR!

Zantetsu

Smash Master
Strong Bad and I were playing friendlies I up smash his sheik with fox at 90% I reset before he actually dies.

Strong Bad then proceeds to go to training mode put sheik at 90% I up smash him he DI's and still dies then looks at me and says yeah you were right. Then we continue playing friendlies.
Haha, so that's what went down. I wasn't paying attention during the friendlies but I was there when you guys were testing it. It was kind of confusing, lol

DeLux

So now that I actually put the Melee Singles bracket up instead of Brawl Doubles Bracket twice, I can go back to being ******** on my own time

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
Shout-outs [MELEE ONLY]:
Strong Bad - We should get more games in next time. Maybe not so late though. Find me and we can play as many friendlies as you want. I don't know nothing about the DK match-up and I don't think you know how to fight Samus either so it should be a good learning experience for the both of us.
I actually have an okay-ish amount of Samus experience; I've played IHSB a lot in friendlies and I had a friend who mained Samus for a while. The main problem is that every Samus player seems to be unique in playstyle so I can't always apply the same stuff. The match-up is mostly back-air though. =P But I'll definitely take you up on that offer.
You quoted me but put in strong bads name....son of a *****.
Wow I didn't even notice until you said that... Z with the eye for detail.

I wasn't DIing perfectly; Fox's Up-Smash sends at an angle of 80 and I was DIing completely horizontally. Optimal DI is 10 below the horizontal. I don't believe I said my DI was perfect; I replicated the horizontal DI in the test to eliminate any variables.
Regardless I do that a lot, sorry. I need to learn ****.

BTW I'm capturing vids that were recorded on my vcr.

Whose recording setup was it with the Macbook? Fino's? I had a lot of matches on that.

also, payouts for Melee Singles: $150, $75, $25

Buddha Lova

Smash Apprentice
I wasn't DIing perfectly; Fox's Up-Smash sends at an angle of 80 and I was DIing completely horizontally. Optimal DI is 10 below the horizontal. I don't believe I said my DI was perfect; I replicated the horizontal DI in the test to eliminate any variables.
Regardless I do that a lot, sorry. I need to learn ****.
I forgot what you actually said so i just put that which i thought was more or less along the lines of what you said.

dmac

Smash Champion
i just talked to m2k directly and he's thankfully going to give all the money back to the circuit.

i felt that it was my responsibility to ask since i handled the money and was the one who made the mistake. i feel horrible for both making the mistake and for giving the idea that m2k, arc, and jace think that they got more than what they should have earned.

once again, i apologize to everyone that trusted me with the money and i hope everyone understands. i hope this doesn't affect m2k's decision to ever come back here, or his opinon of kansas/missouri smashers in general. however, i would totally understand that if he would never come to another tournament that i had any part in running and if requested, would not help run it.

if you're reading this m2k i'm really, really sorry. i know i already apologized to you on the phone, but i really appreciate you for being understanding.

props to sb for trying to help the situation at the actual tourney with his own money

edit: just wanted to also publicly apologize again to fino, lux, jace and arc as well

MJG

Smash Hero
i just talked to m2k directly and he's thankfully going to give all the money back to the circuit.

i felt that it was my responsibility to ask since i handled the money and was the one who made the mistake. i feel horrible for both making the mistake and for giving the idea that m2k, arc, and jace think that they got more than what they should have earned.

once again, i apologize to everyone that trusted me with the money and i hope everyone understands. i hope this doesn't affect m2k's decision to ever come back here, or his opinon of kansas/missouri smashers in general. however, i would totally understand that if he would never come to another tournament that i had any part in running and if requested, would not help run it.

if you're reading this m2k i'm really, really sorry. i know i already apologized to you on the phone, but i really appreciate you for being understanding.

props to sb for trying to help the situation at the actual tourney with his own money
It takes a lot to admit to a problem. It takes even more to try and fix that problem.

+10 Respect/Cool points.

DeLux

No apology necessary or warranted imo dmac

You carried the tournament lol
I didn't have to do much of anything tbh except setup/cleanup

AustinRC

Smash Lord

edit: just wanted to also publicly apologize again to fino, lux, jace and arc as well
You cost me $40 I'm going to kill you, you peice of ****!!!!!!!

Its money dude get over it, if everyone else wants to get bent out of shape about it then thats their ****ing problem. Also sorry I should have spoken up before, I thought something was funny when I saw the payouts dmac had made didnt make sense to me. Anyway well you guys still arnt going to get $40 from me until someone does some of the nasty for me. : / just saying.

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
An error does not become a mistake until you refuse to correct it. I respect you more than almost anyone I can think of, dmac, and you always live up to that respect.

Top Bottom