• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

My AMAZING Guide to Smash DIing (and DIing) Fox's U-throw U-air

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Ok done spamming sorry KK for spamming, I tried talking about your awesomess at drawing but then spamming happened.

SDI FOR THE WIN. :3

KirbyKaze

Smash Legend
lolz

do the see the quality of my usual posts?

spamming like this really doesn't bother me.

just uhh, try to not get this thing locked mmkay? it's one of the few useful posts i've made in a while hahaha.

edit: did some of the images die on everyone else too?

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
No I still see the pics. :3 Instead of picking kirby I'll pick doc. : D

Dogysamich

The Designated Hype Man!
BRoomer
oh dude, i gotta start bringin kirby up.

I figured out a way to land sweetspot ground hammer.

Now it's just time to go **** maa****ers. >.>

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
slight correction: another throw that can be SDI'd is Mewtwo's f-throw.
but you'll very rarely play a mewtwo and even more rarely play one bad enough to actually use his forward throw

Cactuar

El Fuego
BRoomer
which direction would you sdi and what does it do for you? I play against a pretty good falco and I would love to know.
and yeah, would you sdi his lasers upward or what? or toward him...that would be creepy. you're trying to approach/camp someone with lasers and they keep sliding closer and closer to you.
You guys should read my anti-laser spacing guide...

SDI'ing lasers lets you mess up the Falco's spacing when they come in to attack you. Basically, they shoot that one laser while jumping in, the sh again to do an aerial into you, and you have moved a complete body distance away from where you were while getting hit by the laser. Super useful. You can ask Reik or Eggm, I do this all the time. Also, if you get hit while approaching aerially, you can SDI back and immediately fast fall and fair. Super sword protection tech.

Cactuar

El Fuego
BRoomer
>.> Would take me months to write up all my tricksies...

I came up with the majority of the weird stuff I do on my own. It's not hard to figure out. :laugh:

Cactuar

El Fuego
BRoomer
Part of Cactus evolutionary cycles. Stupid NJ Falco players shot like 95-100k lasers at me, so I had to adapt.

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
you have to use a Desert Stone on yourself; only then can you become a cactus.

mild or spicy

Smash Cadet
Too add into what KK said, YOU MUST HAVE A PLAN EVEN AFTER YOU DON'T SMASH DI THE UPAIR CUZ CHANCES ARE YOU WON'T DO IT EVERYTIME AND YOU WILL GET A BOOT IN THE BUTT OCCASSIONALLY.

Vro

Smash Lord
and now i had thought cactuar would just tell everyone to stop learning trixies and start not getting hit. =O

Jagg

Smash Journeyman
KK posting

Too add into what KK said, YOU MUST HAVE A PLAN EVEN AFTER YOU DON'T SMASH DI THE UPAIR CUZ CHANCES ARE YOU WON'T DO IT EVERYTIME AND YOU WILL GET A BOOT IN THE BUTT OCCASSIONALLY.
The DI recommended (di throw one way, uair the other) gives you the easiest timing for SDI and maximum distance if you mess it up. I covered that already.

MarkLoo said:
this is the most useful thread in melee discussion in months.
That means very little.

Cactus is gay.

KirbyKaze

Smash Legend
I modelled him after Bernard's Fox.

Originally he was going to be "Demonstrational Fox" with just a normal smiley face but then when I realized it was modelled after Bernard's I changed it to "Evil Gay Fox" and made it an open-mouth, teeth-barred, gonna-****-you grin.

ConnorTheKid

Treat Yo' Self
Premium
KirbyKaze, you are my favorite Canadian.

CactusMan, I can't find your guide for anti-falco lasers and such. please link me.

Top Bottom