• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

My AMAZING Guide to Smash DIing (and DIing) Fox's U-throw U-air

ConnorTheKid

Treat Yo' Self
Premium
Cactuar, remember me from UCSD?
I was the fox/sheik and
my name was "A R."
My team mate was "BAM" and we were the
two playing friendlies with you and Lucky
before the tourny started? :] What's up?
LMAO dude, that was NeighborhoodP you were playing. P idolizes CactusMan and uses his tag. Cactuar doesn't live in SoCal :laugh:

JTB

Live for the applause
Premium
Cactuar, remember me from UCSD?
I was the fox/sheik and
my name was "A R."
My team mate was "BAM" and we were the
two playing friendlies with you and Lucky
before the tourny started? :] What's up?
hahahahahahaahahaahaha

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
I want to learn something seriously from KirbyKaze. :3

KirbyKaze

Smash Legend
I JUST WANT TO LEARN TO DI!! AND I GET EVIL GAY FoXES AND A MILLION PEOPLE MAKING FUN OF ME
Hold down if you're on the ground. If it's a strong move, and it knocks you over, try to tech it.

Hold away if you're in the air being comboed or could be potentially comboed. For a few moves this will fail you (Marth's Dash Attack, Sheik's D-tilt, are two notable examples) but for anything else you will be okay.

Hold up if you want to live after being hit by their combo finisher and then towards the stage but mostly up. The exception is a move that hits mostly up like Fox's U-smash or U-air in which case you DI away.

For Fox's U-throw U-air DI the U-throw one way and the U-air the other.

For chain grabs just slight DI a lot, no DI a lot, and try to be tricky at really awkward times. If they're good this shouldn't matter. If it's a percent-based chain grab like Fox's in the ditto, don't DI (or DI slightly) at whenever it stops to avoid being regrabbed unnecessarily. There's no reason be CGed to 80 when it stops at 55.

Eddie G

Smash Hero
NNID
neohmarth216
Wow...KirbyKaze...the mods attacked your avatar too? This place is getting a little too stiff now. >.>;

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
I also need dating advice, kaze. :[ How can this doc get wit fox yo?

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Oh Yeah, hopefully I can get some sexy kicks with fox. date **** <3

KirbyKaze

Smash Legend
idk

You can like Bair him and U-tilt him out of his Nairs and CC into grab on ones he does too early if he's a moron. SDI his drills away and try to grab him if they go for the shine despite being misspaced. There's some stuff you can do kind of but most of it is limited to trying to gimp and chain grab.

idk beyond that though, I don't play Doc.

In general Fox's downfall vs the other good characters is his lack of range and people punishing him for it, and then transitioning it into some sort of homoerotic edgeguard or gimp. But Doc is not one of these good characters and has even worse range so he has nothing like that to work with so *shrug*

It's pretty impossible if the Fox is really good. But that's Fox vs most characters below high tier.

KirbyKaze

Smash Legend
Pills are mostly a space control tool and a force-approach. But space control vs Fox without something like Sheik's F-tilt, B-air, F-air, or Marth's sword is retardedly hard and tends to fail the vast majority of the time so...

And trying to out-camp Fox is hilarious.

idk I guess if there was some way to force Fox to approach stupidly you could but there isn't. Not with Doc, anyways. I don't see how Doc can win this matchup at all, quite honestly.

I'm sorry but I just don't see it.

idea

Smash Master
i imagine you'd have to kill him with one or two grabs, so work out some long, involved combos.

like bob money but not DI dependent.

O_O

hyperhopper

Smash Ace
Hold down if you're on the ground. If it's a strong move, and it knocks you over, try to tech it.

Hold away if you're in the air being comboed or could be potentially comboed. For a few moves this will fail you (Marth's Dash Attack, Sheik's D-tilt, are two notable examples) but for anything else you will be okay.

Hold up if you want to live after being hit by their combo finisher and then towards the stage but mostly up. The exception is a move that hits mostly up like Fox's U-smash or U-air in which case you DI away.

For Fox's U-throw U-air DI the U-throw one way and the U-air the other.

For chain grabs just slight DI a lot, no DI a lot, and try to be tricky at really awkward times. If they're good this shouldn't matter. If it's a percent-based chain grab like Fox's in the ditto, don't DI (or DI slightly) at whenever it stops to avoid being regrabbed unnecessarily. There's no reason be CGed to 80 when it stops at 55.
huh?

please, make it readable by using the secret 1337 |-|4X0RZ tech: grammar

N64

Smash Champion
wat do i do if i not fite fox?

Oh right, lose to a marth like usual : /
Good stuff KK, I miss you : /

DippnDots

Feral Youth
I got off four uairs last night from one uthrow with fox because of platforms and my opponent's scrubbiness, no way in hell i'm showing him this!!!!

Corigames

Smash Hero
I have seen the light.

My path is illuminated with the truth of the chorus of a thousand smash angels.

A prophet of guidance in directional influence I must become.

KirbyKaze

Smash Legend
wat do i do if i not fite fox?

Oh right, lose to a marth like usual : /
Good stuff KK, I miss you : /
I miss you too.

Notably your hair.

It wasn't as long or as disheveled as my own ebony locks, but your lengthy blond curls made me a twitter with delight :bee:

When do I get to see you again? :bee:

Top Bottom