• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

My Little Pony General

Status
Not open for further replies.

Geoberos

Alicorn or not, my mane mare, my unicorn, Twilight
NNID
Geoberos
Did you not watch S2E13 Baby Cakes? Those are Mr. and Mrs. Cake's babies Pound Cake and Pumpkin Cake.
Daisy Jo cows return.~

Geoberos

NNID
Geoberos
Pinkie going in~

Welp, there goes the song~
Hoof-bump.

Mural art please.

... Doodle.
... Uncheck.
... Flow list

=

Pinkie Pie. Is. In.

"That's four evers. That's like. For...ever..."

Geoberos

NNID
Geoberos
Hot damn, Twilight is sitting and reading. And then Dash for Daring Do for unfinished reading business. Facedesk Twi.

=

Pinkie has eyes in the wall.

=

The Pinkie Rocket has lift off.

=

Holy ****. Special credits.

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
Great episode, Pinkie was totally awesome...

...but sweet baby Jesus did that ending just fall FLAT. I haven't seen such a crapy ending to an episode in a long, long time. :applejack:
Nice to finally see the Smile song in action, and it was fantastic.
Sucks to Zaj for saying we won't hear the smile song.

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
Aww this episode much like most others made me smile. Great episode <3
Also reminded me of a certain somepony in my past...~

Geoberos

NNID
Geoberos
Smile Smile Smile for full length song, and then all these new mini-jaunts by Pinkie Pie for use.

And yeah, the lead up to the final conflict/climax was so sudden and illogical for forgiveness, happiness, and smile.

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
The resolution itself was the problem, not the lead up to it. It just felt like they ripped it so far out of their writers' *****. Dunno, just seemed like all of Pinkie's energy during the entire episode just kinda evaporated once the last five minutes started to countdown. :applejack:

Geoberos

NNID
Geoberos
So as in, "Pinkie finds certain pony, Cranky's problem is now solved, and everything is a-ok" resolution? With Pinkie appearing out of character?

Reizilla

The Old Lapras and the Sea
Gah, Pinkie Pie episode. I guess I'll watch it before catching up...

Reizilla

The Old Lapras and the Sea
There were special credits? I'll have to look at them tonight.

Episode ending was meh. But Pinkie made up for it all with her broken Pinkie Pie antics.

Fluttershy needs an episode already if she doesn't want to get passed up :x

Geoberos

NNID
Geoberos
Oh no, what I mean was that they didn't use the MLP theme for the credits, similar to the credits of The Return of Harmony, Pt. 2.

Well the Fluttershy episode "Putting Your Hoof Down" should be next week's.

Geoberos

NNID
Geoberos
Applejack wasn't in this episode either was she? Extended incognito. Also I forgot Roseluck spoke~

=

Next artwork up, a coloring of an old sketch:

Next sketch: Cheerliee in a full wedding dress-- Her wedding veil was cute enough as it is, but that was only icing to what would've been the whole cake.

Next color: Twilight and Rarity "Bangs, Berets, and Outfits"

Heartstring

Smash Legend
Hi guys. I havent checked the thread since wednesday. And I'm not even going to bother trying to catch up!

So I just watched the new episode. It was pretty fun to watch. I'm not sure I really agree with the way the story went. But the musical number was nice and derpy was in the snow globe!

Zatchiel

a little slice of heaven 🍰
NNID
Zatchiel
Switch FC
SW-0915-4119-3504
Intro was perfect, and Pinkie's just too genial to control, my god. The song was neato, very nice to finally hear it.

Doodle was hilarious, all of Pinkie Pie's friending attempts just exasperated and agitated him further, similar to what I'd expect. Rose's voice... so dreamy. I did have a hunch that Mitilda(?) would play some role in the episode, after seeing her near the beginning. A lone female donkey roaming Ponyville is pretty bizzare and outstanding to me. The scene where Pinkie had a mishap in welcoming Doodle, covered them in cake mix, then ate the exoskeleton. I recall something similar occuring in another show.

I loved the "4 evers" part, cannot cease to adore what the producers manage to come up with. Pinkie was amazing this episode, by the way, if I hadn't implied that.

Anthon1996

Smash Ace
NNID
AnUglyBarnacle
3DS FC
5301-0385-3871
So I was playing Skyward Sword earlier today, without even knowing it was Saturday until someone reminded me. I mean, I can play Zelda whenever I want to, but Ponies only come once a week, and I almost neglected them. Am I a bad person?

I knew something epic was gonna happen at the beginning, and I was right; it was that song, and don't even get me started on how three more made it into this episode.

Shipping is definitely canon.

Phoenix Lord'

Lord' of the Night
Premium
NNID
HououDaimyo1010
3DS FC
3780-9286-8943
The episode started off really strong, but ended horribly. Pinkie was actually pretty funny for most of it, and the Smile song was as amazing as ever, and Cranky Doodle Donkey was a funny guy, but everything else was either mediocre or bad. This episode for "meh" tier.

Also, seeing Rainbow Dash reading was neato.

Vinylic.

Woke?
Switch FC
SW-5214-5959-4787
I'm at megacon right now and let me tell you, every Brony has their own shirt, costume, hats, and etc.

I'm so happy right now. Next year, I'll definitely make an OC and try to find a way to have a costume of the OC.

Geoberos

NNID
Geoberos
Dash was chilling out at the library, Daring Do books all stacked up. She sure as hell was ready for a mareathon.

For me, as soon as the scene was at Cranky's house, especially when he makes a slip-up/hint-at-his-problem, the episode's direction went downhill.
Edit: Also searching/waiting for a hell-of-a-long years, "romantic" as it may be, is just unconventional enough to really stand a character doing for so long.

Phantom Gamer

<font color="#ff00ff">pranked!</font>
I liked the episode overall and the Smile song was very good and is high tier.

Not sure what was bad about the ending exactly.
It seemed fine to me.

Lastly here's a new synopsis for episode 21.
Episode: Dragon Quest
Air Date: March 17, 2012)
Synopsis: Spike joins the Great Dragon Migration to discover his true identity, but it might not be what he really needs.

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
Sweet mother of god, that episode synopsis is EXACTLY like one of the better Spike fanfics on Equestria Daily. :applejack:

M!nt

Smash Champion
eh the ending wasn't that bad to me either, I think It closed the episode nicely.

The episode was high C-low B for me, Pinkie was great, but even some of her antics were annoying me. Pinkies night-crawler powers really show a lot in this episode, was pretty funny.

Also, Spike episode woot!

Phoenix Lord'

Lord' of the Night
Premium
NNID
HououDaimyo1010
3DS FC
3780-9286-8943
I'm glad I'm not the only one who thought that ending was atrocious. :applejack:
The story they were trying to tell for the episode was too much for a single episode, so the resolution was rushed and came out of ****ing nowhere. Everything just kinda fell apart at the end, really. We just met both of these donkeys this episode, too (If you can even count Matilda's five seconds of air time at the beginning an introduction), so there's no reason to even sympathize with their plight, which is of course even further compounded by the fact that it's all brought up and resolved in the last 5 minutes.

Applejack looked good, though.

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
The story they were trying to tell for the episode was too much for a single episode, so the resolution was rushed and came out of ****ing nowhere. Everything just kinda fell apart at the end, really. We just met both of these donkeys this episode, too (If you can even count Matilda's five seconds of air time at the beginning an introduction), so there's no reason to even sympathize with their plight, which is of course even further compounded by the fact that it's all brought up and resolved in the last 5 minutes.

Applejack looked good, though.
ALL of this, holy crap.
:applejack:

Geoberos

NNID
Geoberos
Would've been nice to have Matilda to have more of a presence. That'd probably hit on the sympathy part, especially when kids would be able to make that: "Oh my god! It's totally her! When are they going to finally meet up?!" But they did spend a lot of time ushering in a lot of Pinkie Antics.

Heartstring

Smash Legend
Sweet mother of god, that episode synopsis is EXACTLY like one of the better Spike fanfics on Equestria Daily. :applejack:
Funny that. next week's fluttershy episode is also very much like one of the better fanfics that I've read. I hope to GOD it plays out in the same sort of way

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom