• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

N.F.B. Presents: Fat hype ain't got **** on this! 12/19/09, Worcester, MA (icy's #6)

AKC12

Smash Journeyman
I will no longer be placing AKC here, as I will be playing melee instead.

AKC, sorry for any of the crap I've given you. I don't think I'm better than you, I'm just joking around, and you should know that before I say something stupid and offensive.
yeah i guess inside i knew that. i just gotta take whatever comes at me. ive been taking those comments lightly lately cause i know im not all that great when it comes to tourney matches. its cool.

Yumewomiteru

Smash Master
NNID
yumewomiteru
yeah i guess inside i knew that. i just gotta take whatever comes at me. ive been taking those comments lightly lately cause i know im not all that great when it comes to tourney matches. its cool.
You should get better though, the better of a player you are the moar respect you get, and you dont have any excuses for not doing so because there are good ppl who play in Marlborough, NEU, and at our smashfests.

IcyLight

Smash Lord
lol i can't play at all if my fingers get too cold, they literally lock up because i do construction work; but when we were playing at my house before bums the night before he was actually going about even with me. like i said, 50-50

Bizkit047

Smash Lord
lol i can't play at all if my fingers get too cold, they literally lock up because i do construction work; but when we were playing at my house before bums the night before he was actually going about even with me. like i said, 50-50
I still don't really believe it's 50-50 just cuz we were going even. Snake has to play ridiculously different to make the matchup possible. >.>

copacetic

Smash Journeyman
I still don't really believe it's 50-50 just cuz we were going even. Snake has to play ridiculously different to make the matchup possible. >.>
everyone has to play ridiculously different against olimar. It sucks, TL can't use half his moveset, and yet grounded up-b and grab suddenly become very good options.

and no bombs! how do I play without bombs?

IcyLight

Smash Lord
hey you are supposed to play different depending on the matchup anyways.

everyone has to play ridiculously different against olimar. It sucks, TL can't use half his moveset, and yet grounded up-b and grab suddenly become very good options.

and no bombs! how do I play without bombs?
you can use bombs, you just can't space with them. use them accurately and smart and they are a good option =]

also, this is going to be my last tourney (hosting since i cant make it anyways). if it isn't obvious yet i don't really enjoy playing this game, so i'm not going to anymore.

copacetic

Smash Journeyman
no not really, there are a lot of new people starting up. It's just that the top 3 each tourney is gonna start looking funny

AKC12

Smash Journeyman
minus the IC's players there

AKC, you still have room to improve, and there's no excuse with you living literally in the CENTER of the NE brawl community.
The thing is I'm not completely dedicated to Brawl. I don't play online. I never in the past went to a friends home for serious friendlies. I rarely practice the days before a tourney. I watch vids and read up but that doesn't mean **** if you haven't applied it yet. I really have improved since I first went to tournies at Mass Madness the past summer. I just now need learn how to fight against experienced smashers. To do that I gotta play with people around and above my level, which was something I need to get started on. Better yet, it's free (aside gas money).

I know I'll do better in placings in the future, I just need to dedicate a bit more to Brawl

Yumewomiteru

Smash Master
NNID
yumewomiteru
5 dollar mm IC v. Snake?
Seems like I'm making this, so its on.

The thing is I'm not completely dedicated to Brawl. I don't play online. I never in the past went to a friends home for serious friendlies. I rarely practice the days before a tourney. I watch vids and read up but that doesn't mean **** if you haven't applied it yet. I really have improved since I first went to tournies at Mass Madness the past summer. I just now need learn how to fight against experienced smashers. To do that I gotta play with people around and above my level, which was something I need to get started on. Better yet, it's free (aside gas money).

I know I'll do better in placings in the future, I just need to dedicate a bit more to Brawl

Dude, no johns, you live in Marlborough where there are plenty of good smashers,
and you go to NEU where you have weekly smashfests plus ppl like Dank and Fubudis who you can always call them up and play against.

And NEU is walking distance from BU where we have weekly smashfests as well plus ppl like me, Dawall, and Rach and others who are all decent.

All these people are above your level but wouldn't **** you (I think), and it won't cost money to play, so as long as your willing to play them and get better you will.

Prawn

Smash Master
EVERYONE BRING SETUPS

the venue does not have any AFAIK, please TVs and WIIs PLEASE

Sox

Smash Journeyman
is anyone going through the Hartford area to get to this? if so, would you mind giving me a ride?

Pelca

Smash Journeyman
anyone going through western mass area at all and give me and my sis star a ride it would be appreciated and we'd pay for gas

Top Bottom