• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Nasty 80% combo that works on multi characters

GuiltyPleasure

Smash Cadet
Nasty 50-60% combo for shiek (sorry mistyped the title) only works at lower percentages I think (not sure as I dont play shiek)
dont know if its been posted since I dont play shiek, lookin for wario vids and saw this posted so dont bother flaming me if it has been posted, just trying to help you shiek players

http://smashboards.com/showthread.ph...80#post3937480 <- How to register

http://www.nicovideo.jp/watch/sm3870895 <- Video

trust me, its worth it.

[Update] http://youtube.com/watch?v=g3je-k53-DU <-- dont have to register at neko -thanks Ankoku

Read this before you feel dumb - You cant tech footstools and teching the bair is extremly difficult

Jam Stunna

Writer of Fortune
BRoomer
3DS FC
0447-6552-1484
There's no tech or DI at all from player 1, in fact there doesn't even look like there is a player 1. I don't think this would ever work in an actual match.

SinkingHigher

Smash Lord
Yeah, I suppose if you want to beat up a sandbag that would be awesome.

All they have to do is hold left or right after getting footstooled.

C-C-C-C-COMBBOOO BREAKKKERRR!

Tristan_win

Not dead.
Interesting, since Cat fight mention another neutral B move doing this I wonder if selective neutral B's can accomplish this.

Some testing is in order.

Wildfire393

Smash Journeyman
Ok, so this looks like:

1) Get the opponent into the air via an empty grab, a fthrow, an ftilt, or whatever.
2) Immediately Jump and Footstool them
3) As you come down on the other side of them, Back Air
4) Throw fully charged needles at them as soon as you land
5) Throw another single needle
6) Do a running Upsmash to catch them as they get up

My concerns with this are fairly numerous. If the opponent attacks immediately in the air, the footstool won't work. You need to have fully charged needles or your damage is reduced by 18%. DI probably affects this fairly badly. Your opponent can roll up or attack get-up, either of which would foil the final Upsmash.

Tommy_G

Smash Champion
These people are in a jab lock/laser lock type thing. They are forced to stand straight up. The only part they can get out at is maybe if they can tech the landing after the footstool. Otherwise it has just enough hit stun to be a combo on certain characters.

Oh I almost forgot:
HIT STUN IN BRAWL?!?!?! NO WAI!

stealthsushi

Smash Apprentice
The use of the footstool looks very promising when combined with the F-Tilt. I'm not so sure of its usefulness with the empty grab, I'm pretty sure there's enough lag afterwards for the opponent to DI out of it, but I could be wrong at lower percents. As for the footstool, can it be teched? Even if it can be teched, combining it with the F-Tilt works almost perfectly as no one would be expecting it as they'll be madly DI'ing towards you to avoid being locked for too long, thus setting up for an easy and unexpected footstool.

This combo looks nice and flashy, but I don't know how reliable it is. However, the footstooling can definitely be looked into for combo setups; I'm beginning to see more Sheik potential XD

demodemo

Smash Ace
I see how it works..

Tommy G is right, This combo works around the same concept as falco's laser lock, and jab locks

When I first saw the video a couple of times, i was just thinking the whole time "wtF? can't they tech out of the footstool/needle falls?" then i realized it was the same animation as tripping/tumbling, which means they can't.

This animation is one of the only long hit stuns in brawl, so this definitely seems possible

however, after the opponent is hit but the last needle, they HAVE to be in a "getting up" animation, and whose to say that "getting up" animation isn't going to be a roll or an attack?

still, the footstool to start that tumbling hitstun is very innovative

GimmeAnFSharp

Smash Journeyman
I dig that combo. If it does get used, than it could be a head-turner...

I just don't see it being ABUSED.

Squidster

Smash Ace
I get not found on the first link and can't see the video =(

But i think i understand the gist of it. Do you shoot the fully charged needles while falling or after you land?

demodemo

Smash Ace
the needles are thrown before your oppponent reach the ground. the single needle is thrown after the bounce from the first hitstun

edit- on second thought, the opponent seems to be on the ground, but it doesn't really matter. the hitstun lasts until a few ms after the bounce of a landing, so its all good

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
wow, this is a very SEXY combo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I WILL DO IT!!!

it seems wario's set grab release trajectory ***** him... u can tipper usmash him from grab release!??! ****!!!!

non-techable footstool combos to needle resets... oh my god you guys dont even know how sexy i think that is, uggghhh!! *spoogle*

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
If the footstool can be teched, this isn't a combo.

Assuming the footstool CAN'T, however, this is a delicious punishment.
ftilt > footstool > bair > needles > needle
would be GUARANTEED, dealing about 37% damage.
If they don't do a wakeup attack or roll, you can usmash them for another 13-30% damage.
Meaning this combo deals somewhere between 37% and 67% damage.

Too good.

Cat Fight

Smash Lord
NNID
NoGoodEndings
Interesting, since Cat fight mention another neutral B move doing this I wonder if selective neutral B's can accomplish this.

Some testing is in order.
Yessssss.

If the footstool can be teched, this isn't a combo.

Assuming the footstool CAN'T, however, this is a delicious punishment.
ftilt > footstool > bair > needles > needle
would be GUARANTEED, dealing about 37% damage.
If they don't do a wakeup attack or roll, you can usmash them for another 13-30% damage.
Meaning this combo deals somewhere between 37% and 67% damage.

Too good.
I'm excited about this. Really excited... and I don't even play Sheik. I wish Snake had something like this, or Jiggly. ;~;

ADHD

Smash Hero
Ankoku you gotta make another "sheik can't combo" vid!

So, thats an autocanceled fair right?

Squidster

Smash Ace
I don't suppose someone can upload this / record themselves doing this somewhere else? When i click the register button it just says no found and the main page isn't written in white =(

Wildfire393

Smash Journeyman
I get not found on the first link and can't see the video =(

But i think i understand the gist of it. Do you shoot the fully charged needles while falling or after you land?
The video mostly shows Sheik doing a Ftilt->Footstool->Fastfall Bair->Land->Full Needles->Single Needle->Upsmash

There could be some potential to this, but the fact that the Upsmash is on a tech-chase is the iffiest part. Maybe a Boost Smash (/DACUS) could reach them if they roll away, and there are certainly options if they roll towards you, but what do you do if they do a get-up attack? Run into a Shield, then attack/grab them?

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
If you get the first part of the combo, just treat the rest of it like you would any other wakeup setups. Snake and Ganondorf have to deal with those a ton.

25%Cotton

Smash Ace
NNID
Samu.S
3DS FC
4785-5442-4678
cool. it's actually a lot easier to do than i thought.

thanks! and squidster, there IS a link to a youtube version in the second post

lricardojamesl

Smash Rookie
The video mostly shows Sheik doing a Ftilt->Footstool->Fastfall Bair->Land->Full Needles->Single Needle->Upsmash

There could be some potential to this, but the fact that the Upsmash is on a tech-chase is the iffiest part. Maybe a Boost Smash (/DACUS) could reach them if they roll away, and there are certainly options if they roll towards you, but what do you do if they do a get-up attack? Run into a Shield, then attack/grab them?
They can't roll away. It's just like the Ice Climbers ice block lock making it so they HAVE to stand up and they can't roll away or attack up.

Must learn this now :)

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
Practicing right now on Samus... I got 25-69 variant ONCE. The missing 17% damage is the tipper hit of the usmash.

Timing from ftilt to footstool is, as far as I can tell, you walk forward a little after ftilt before jumping.
Then you have to immediately fastfall a bair. Be sure to set training CPU to LV9 so that it gets up ASAP from footstools.
Then you turn around and throw all your needles, then throw one more needle. That single needle will either set up into a forced standing wakeup, or immediately reset them to standing position, depending on some timing I don't know of yet.
If they're forced into standing wakeup, run up and charge a usmash.

Variants:
ftilt -- footstool -- Reverse Aerial Needles (must be charged) = 17%
|_______|
|_______|-- Back Air -- Turnaround Needles -- Needle -- Usmash = 37-66%
|____________|
|____________| -- Down Smash = 26%
|____________|
|____________| -- Turnaround Needle -- Usmash = 32-49%
|
| -- Forward Air = 14%
|
| -- Down Smash = 18%

stealthsushi

Smash Apprentice
Awesome development I'm seeing here :D Now that the footstool can't be teched, it looks like we got a solid for-sure combo on our hands. So from what I'm reading, if you throw the second single needle, it forces them to do a stand-up recovery allowing for a free Up-Smash? Are they completely vulnerable during this stand-up time to any attack? Also, do you have to have a fully charged needle to force the stand-up or can you just fire off two single needles?

God I wish I had a Brawl available to me at the moment :( Guaranteed Sheik combos are just TOO good to pass up!! T___T

Squidster

Smash Ace
I believe you could send 2 single needles

If you do a SOFT bair then the second needle causes them to automoatically go to standing up and you wont be able to Usmash :o

stealthsushi

Smash Apprentice
Ah I see. Is it possible to substitute the B-Air for a N-Air? If we needle-reset them with the single needle, can't we proceed to F-Tilt Lock at mid-percents and repeat the combo?

Squidster

Smash Ace
Nair doesn't work.
Can't really work at high % because the Bair wont put them in that position.

Getting the footstool is freaken hard O_O

Vs wario you can get it off grab release and theoretically regrab him after the single needle. But I don't think you can do the combo infinitely.

Top Bottom