• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Nasty 80% combo that works on multi characters

tsetse

Smash Lord
this is a 20-30% combo at best all the character has to do is come up with a neutral a from the ground after the second needle attack.

stealthsushi

Smash Apprentice
I have to say this combo is quite ingenious; who would've thought that a single needle could set up for one of Sheik's best KO moves. I still can't wait until I get to a Brawl to try this out myself :) Hoping more developments come soon!

tsetse

Smash Lord
It's already been said and proven that you can't do that. The opponent is forced to only stand up after the single needle.
does the single needle trick work on all characters on the ground? cuz if that is the case then this opens up a whole lot of strategies to me.... since i just found out about this single needle business

GuiltyPleasure

Smash Cadet
from what ive played with using iceclimbers ive noticed that footstool forces you to stand, I wouldnt post this if it was as easy as rolling out of it after 15%

put more effort into brawl

lricardojamesl

Smash Rookie
does the single needle trick work on all characters on the ground? cuz if that is the case then this opens up a whole lot of strategies to me.... since i just found out about this single needle business
It works on any character that has suffered from a footstool jump. If they are on the ground due to an attack and you use the needle or some other attack, then I believe they are still able to roll or attack.

SinkingHigher

Smash Lord
omg omg omg *screams like a schoolgirl*... Has anyone been able to do this straight out of an f-tilt lock?

Would it be at all possible to get in a chainlock somewhere? Possibly instead of the Usmash?

Squidster

Smash Ace
Chainlock to do more than 30%?

And Ftilt lock below 25% is hard vs most people but i think may work. Unless the Ftilt has to be fresh? not sure

demodemo

Smash Ace
hey squidster, if your youtube video is not working, try uninstalling google web accelerator (if you have it)

i know when i did all my youtube videos said "vidoe removeD" and ****, so yeah

Squidster

Smash Ace
No i got it to work. I'm just dumb and didn't see the youtube link o_o

I've worked on the combo some now and its really hard to do out of training mode. Especially since you have like a 10% window of opportunity and you need fully charged needles and its often easier just to keep tilt locking during that window.

I think this is going to be most useful vs light characters like jigglypuff who can't be tilt locked

a77

Smash Cadet
How far do characters fall before they can break out of a footstool hop? Could something like d-throw or f-throw lead into this, too?

Squidster

Smash Ace
No, throws don't work cause the enemy will just air dodge. BUT, if you're playing someone really bad then go for it :p
You can get wario on grab release

En.Ee.Oh

Smash Champion
I made up a psuedo chain-grab on Wario that works depending on how deteriorated your tilts are, also if you don't hit with the right area of certain moves he can air dodge or respond which is why it's 'pseudo' but you can block his attacks and wait for air dodges if they do occur

The combo goes like so

Grab release > Footstool > Neutral air > Up tilt > Grab
Grab release > Footstool > Neutral air > Up tilt > Grab
Should be around 40%ish now
Grab release> Footstool > Neutral air > F-tilt > Grab
(He starts being able to respond sometimes around 60%)

The neutral air to f-tilt to grab works on and off up until around 100ish

I found it worked better when I did f-tilt as close to his body as possible

at 80, when you sex kick wario off of a footstool he slides while stunned and you can grab him again (ROFL) it's so gay

FD **** plx

slickmasterizzy

Smash Apprentice
hey if i come up with a series of moves and get a video of an opponent that didnt escape from it can i call it a GROUNDBREAKING COMBO too? =D

NJzFinest

Smash Hero
WOW, NEO plays Brawl Sheik? <333

Yeah, this combo is ****, I'm trying to figure out the right %s for each character that you should F-tilt to footstool.

En.Ee.Oh

Smash Champion
hey if i come up with a series of moves and get a video of an opponent that didnt escape from it can i call it a GROUNDBREAKING COMBO too? =D
No, but you can make useless posts that don't help anything in character specific forums and we can call you a f ag

Squidster

Smash Ace
Haha falco's is sweet. That is really easy to pull off O_O
I think since the hitstun on footstool is the only big one more and more character will learn how to implement it into their games.

NJzFinest

Smash Hero
Well, just look at everyone who has a lock combo before you see if you can get it off a footstool combo.

So, there's like, Link , Mario , DK , Samus, Metaknight, ROB, etc.

cAm8ooo

Smash Lord
wow, both the sheik and falco ones are ****. Any combo for a character that's not snake is awsome to me :)

Tristan_win

Not dead.
Well, just look at everyone who has a lock combo before you see if you can get it off a footstool combo.

So, there's like, Link , Mario , DK , Samus, Metaknight, ROB, etc.
You can't put Mario in a tilt lock after the 2nd hit as he will use his ^B and either force you to stop or knock you away before the next tilt connects.

NJzFinest

Smash Hero
Tristan_win, when I listed those characters, I meant to list characters that have lock combos instead of people who can be put into lock combos since Cat Fight wanted to see more combos such as Sheik's and Falco's, except being done by other characters.

Like, Mario locks with his jab, Metaknight with his down tilt, Squirtle with his jab, second jab, and dtilt, etc.

SinkingHigher

Smash Lord
This full needle > single needle thing. Does it work whenever an opponent is down, or is it only after footstools?

Wildfire393

Smash Journeyman
This full needle > single needle thing. Does it work whenever an opponent is down, or is it only after footstools?
This should work whenever your opponent lands fallen down in front of you. But the forced stand-up would only trigger from a footstool.

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
LessThanPi
I thought that needles stuff was common knowledge :(

but yeah footstool is ****. sheik is getting better everyday.

NJzFinest

Smash Hero
You can't tech footstools and there is such small space for you to tech the Bair.

NJzFinest

Smash Hero
Bair knocks them down into the ground where they're in the animation that you can lock combo them >_>

Nair works to, but it's easier to land the Bair.

swypa101

Smash Apprentice
Yea i use that Sliding effect of shieks up smash a lot online its easy to do and effective

Yuna

BRoomer
BRoomer
At least the F-tilt to Footstool is escapable as you get out of stun before Sheik can even do another F-tilt, let alone FSJ you.

SinkingHigher

Smash Lord
I just thought I'd say, you can Auto Grab Release ANY character. Grab them when they're recovering, or just so their feet are hovering off the side of the stage, and they will do the same thing as Wario, Jiggly, etc...

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
That's not exactly useful given the variable jump break distances of all the characters...

Top Bottom