• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

NC Brocator Thread!

vZakat

Half Genie
dwamacles, it's lookin like I'm getting a little fest going. Just letting everyone know now that it won't be going that late. It'll be from about 3-4ish to about 10:30. I still have to work at night. I'll pm people with adress/number stuff later today.

Today

ლ(இДஇლ)
Cincinnati, Ohio ; Land of Happiness and Kindness
NNID
Daylightful
Heyo, guys! I'm Day! I'm interested in moving to NC in the future to continue my studies!
I have a huge love for Smash, so my friend Smith linked me to the NC thread!
I'm interested in Melee, but I'm a huge Brawl player. I'm curious to hear about both scenes! Thanks a bunch, guys!!

stingers

Smash Obsessed
the brawl scene is basically ****in amazing and everyone is cool. the melee scene has dr peepee so it kinda sucks. basically you're gonna love it. where u movin too?

Today

ლ(இДஇლ)
NNID
Daylightful
the brawl scene is basically ****in amazing and everyone is cool. the melee scene has dr peepee so it kinda sucks. basically you're gonna love it. where u movin too?
XD; Hopefully I'll be moving to Chapel Hill!
Would anyone know if it's a nice place? The school has what I like, and from photos the area seems nice!

stingers

Smash Obsessed
chapel hill is a really nice area. franklin street in particular. good times.
if you're going to UNC-CH, it's pretty much the best school in north carolina (lol duke) so its def. a good choice. what are u majoring in?

Juno McGrath

Smash Hero
Chapel hill is my favorite place in NC!

if your looking to get in to melee youll have some of NC's best right there with you (Cam, Karn, etc)

and as far as brawl goes youll have NC's best brawl player (Kieth) Pretty close by.

Also franklin street is amazing, beautiful, good food and fine girls.

Today

ლ(இДஇლ)
NNID
Daylightful
Oooh man! I'm super excited then!
I'm interested in their Pediatrics!
I'm a Pre-med Biology/Allied Health Science major going for African Studies Minor!
I hope to live somewhere nice, and I know that North Chapel has a good med-school.

I'm glad there are Smashers nearby then. That's definitely something to look for!
And a huge plus to know that it's beautiful! Don't think I'll be interested in fine girls, though. ='p

Bl@ckChris

Smash Hero
the school is massive, but it's a good place.

there are a few smashers there, but most of them play melee exclusively. however, you may find some fun for brawl.

edit: their lower level classes can be a little overbearing though. some of the smartest people i know (and i came from the north carolina school of science and math...) sometimes get a little thrown off by the expectations there. so they will provide a good education, but also be a challenge.

stingers

Smash Obsessed
CH is pretty much all melee =[ but there are some really cool people there to play melee with so you can have a great time with it lol. as for brawl, most tourneys are around the chapel hill area (Raleigh and Duke both have had biweeklies in the past), but currently most tourneys are in the Charlotte area which is about 2+ hours from you. still, raleigh and CH will always have tourneys, just more sporadically. compared to what you're used to in ohio, it's gonna be a lot less lol. but if you're majoring in bio at CH, you're gonna be busy enough that you prolly won't notice anyway haha

when are you moving?

Today

ლ(இДஇლ)
NNID
Daylightful
Man! ='/ That's kind of disappointing.
No worries, though! I really enjoy the Melee community so I probably wouldn't mind.
And yeah, you're right-- with my current major it will be preettty difficult to balance both.
I'm hoping to move next year in 2012! Although, it may be even longer. It honestly depends what I finish up here! So it may be a lot longer. Doh! But I will probably be here one day! C'=
I hope the Melee scene will still be alive in a year or so?

Top Bottom