• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

NC Catfish Social Thread! *<3 KEV*

Dr Peepee

Thanks for Everything <3
BRoomer
This would be cool but I have nothing to say. I'm fairly untalented at either game, so I'm always afraid I'll just say something wrong and then people will go "wow this guy really has no idea what he is talking about" and I don't want that.
It's not my "way", in that I don't set out to the boards thinking "Oh man I bet KTM is saying something stupid let's go and antagonize him to death". I just stroll the forums seeing what people are talking about, and would actually rather see healthy discussion than an argument. But as stated above, I can't really participate in a discussion because of my lack of knowledge and credence, and it's very hard for me not to post highlighting someone's lack of thought (don't want to say stupidity because that is actually fairly rare) in a heated argument over nothing because it's easy and takes very little time.
Well if you say something wrong then you'll be corrected. It's a great way to learn. =)

Healthy discussion is rare these days because people don't take the boards seriously like they used to, and adding fuel to the fire by pointing out something you believe is in poor thought only worsens the issue.

I don't know why easy and taking little time are important when posting anyway.

ZIO

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
I'll be the first here to say I was never under the impression the forums were taken seriously. As a matter of fact, when I got here, I was under the impression people were elitist jerks.

Gardevior

Smash Lord
People are elitist jerks. I just personally believe that most people are quiet about it (like me, I hope). And I'd say the forums are taken seriously, I just generally don't bother to in social threads.

Dr Peepee

Thanks for Everything <3
BRoomer
ZIO the community was a lot tougher then but you also started stuff.

Healthy discussion happens but it's rare when so many people just say "lol it's the internet/video game forum" and it gets really hard to improve or get everyone to focus.

ZIO

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
I really wasn't any better or worse then than I am now.

Just that the community changed. Many of the folks I started things with are now good friends of mine.

Not sure about twig, still.

TheLastCacely

Smash Hero
kadajj90 8:17 pm
(8:17:07 PM): lol keith
(8:17:24 PM): the prize for japan's tourney
BebiMK 8:17 pm
(8:17:34 PM): 1000 bucks
(8:17:37 PM): and fay mata
kadajj90 8:17 pm
(8:17:44 PM): lmao
(8:17:50 PM): 100,000 yen
(8:17:53 PM): rofl
BebiMK 8:18 pm
(8:18:02 PM): ****
kadajj90 8:18 pm
(8:18:09 PM): ima leave the airport with a suit case full of yen
BebiMK 8:18 pm
(8:18:14 PM): lol
kadajj90 8:18 pm
(8:18:21 PM): internal affairs gonna arrest me
(8:18:28 PM): lmao
(8:19:37 PM): The japanese security guards are going to check my bags and be like
(8:19:40 PM): Koko kara kare o shutoku...
(8:19:43 PM): -dead-
BebiMK 8:19 pm
(8:19:47 PM): lol wtF?
kadajj90 8:19 pm
(8:19:58 PM): English translation
(8:20:03 PM): Get him out of here...
(8:20:04 PM): -dead-
BebiMK 8:20 pm
(8:20:09 PM): ........
kadajj90 8:20 pm
(8:20:17 PM): lolol
(8:20:26 PM): do they allow black people in japan?
kadajj90 8:20 pm
(8:20:37 PM): lmao
(8:20:43 PM): Black people live in japan
(8:20:48 PM): wwtf?
(8:20:53 PM): lol no they dont haha

kadajj90 8:22 pm
(8:22:07 PM): yeah they do lol
(8:22:20 PM): so many different people live in japan
BebiMK 8:22 pm
(8:22:50 PM): now ur ****in trollin
(8:22:57 PM): only asians live in japan
(8:23:05 PM): i think
(8:23:07 PM): oh
(8:23:12 PM): and white people who are rich enoough
(8:23:17 PM): and like that culture
kadajj90 8:23 pm
(8:23:19 PM): i guess only white people live in merica
BebiMK 8:23 pm
(8:23:25 PM): no
(8:23:30 PM): america is for all races
(8:23:35 PM): land of the free
(8:23:37 PM): home of the brave
(8:23:43 PM): not home of the rising sun
kadajj90 8:25 pm
(8:25:35 PM): that means nothing lol
(8:25:58 PM): black people live and are born in europe and the uk as well
BebiMK 8:26 pm
(8:26:05 PM): wow
(8:26:07 PM): **** u craig
(8:26:15 PM): it's not even funny anymore

TheLastCacely

Smash Hero
kadajj90 8:26 pm
(8:26:35 PM): istudying is black incase you didnt know
BebiMK 8:28 pm
(8:28:21 PM): wtf?
(8:28:26 PM): man i knew it
(8:28:29 PM): not that he was black
(8:28:39 PM): but u know how all good falcos are black?
(8:28:45 PM): i think al lgood diddys are too
(8:28:48 PM): gness
(8:28:50 PM): gdx
(8:28:53 PM): istud
(8:28:55 PM): KTM
(8:29:18 PM): ADHD i basically black, he was born and raised in NJ and he is still alive.
(8:29:37 PM): Advent is black
(8:29:39 PM): NL
kadajj90 8:30 pm
(8:30:06 PM): lol

Ledger_Damayn

Smash Ace
Gard, Jon and ledger only come on the boards to troll me. If you pay attention, most of their post are after mine, or has something to do with my post. they may linger for a few minutes afterwards, but they are here for me mostly.

@stingers. im not going to not come to tourneys, im just going to ignore the people i hate.

so instead of saying who is on my list and stating everything i hate about them- just know if i dont talk to you, or if it is really obvious i am avoiding you, then chances are you are one of those ******s i hate.

sorry for the confusion, someone **** in my cereal this morning. You all can continue with what ever this thread is about.
Keith, you post constantly. If anyone EVER posts, it will be closely after your last post.

You can't become a hermit man. It doesn't suit you and I think you'll find that learning to tolerate others helps you out in so many walks of life.

@Gard: You always ride that line between overly/unnecessarily sarcastic remarks and acceptable comments and this time you just laid it on a little too much. Are you just a pessimist or is that your way of saying you don't like people without actually saying it or what man? I don't really talk to you much outside of the boards so maybe it just looks worse for me. At any rate, I'd like to be enlightened.
tl;dr

Bl@ckChris

Smash Hero
...lol keith you make a lot of sense.

but overall, i don't think the communities should be split.

i feel that running both events at separate locations is a little much.

but i have admittedly enjoyed my melee only tournaments more than the dual run tourneys.

i just don't think a sort of iron curtain should be built between the two and instituted.

as long as duke's stay primarily melee, and NCSU's stay primarily brawl, and maria's things have both, i think things can be run in an enjoyable way for all member's of the NC community. Every tournament having everything is just a little...much sometimes.

oh and gard, just play more ganon. i need more ganon ditto's when jim can't make it to stuff. if you've got time to troll keith, you should probably get down some waveland timings a little tighter and things of that sort. we'll find a place on saturday and see what we've got.

Gardevior

Smash Lord
TheDarkness said:
oh and gard, just play more ganon. i need more ganon ditto's when jim can't make it to stuff. if you've got time to troll keith, you should probably get down some waveland timings a little tighter and things of that sort. we'll find a place on saturday and see what we've got.
I've been playing a lot of characters other than Ganon recently. I really should try to get more techs down, though. Right now, I just have trouble wavelanding from the edge consistently (I try to do it too fast and airdodge to my death).

Lightsyde

Smash Champion
Oh my god, this thread sucks lately.

I'm blaming Kevin and insatiable thirst for power corrupting his good spirited posting ways.

He must be brought down.

JUST KIDDING

love that guy <3

Lightsyde

Smash Champion
"Last edited by Dr Peepee; Today at 10:14 AM.. "

OH WHAT IN THE HELL

This is like a nightmare where I'm about to get married to the girl of my dreams except suddenly I'm wearing only gym shorts and the wedding ring is a copy of Brawl and Keith is the pastor.

Gaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah

rPSIvysaur

[ɑɹsaɪ]
I love Kevin. I've never even met him, but I want him to be the father of my children one day.

bossa nova ♪

Smash Champion
I will ask you only once to take me off of anything listed, mentioned or associated with your gay ring ****. I think it is intensely lame and I'm already really sick of seeing it.

Thanks.
this x 7000

yall are like the most uncool people ever lmfao. the jim thing was **** cuz like... jim is the man. but rings are ****ing gay, and comics are for white f@gs, and i ****ing hate white people so god**** much omggggg.

*goes and reads the new naruto*

TheLastCacely

Smash Hero
****, Keith.

I hope you don't think I hate you because you play Brawl.
no phoot, u know u my ***

"Last edited by Dr Peepee; Today at 10:14 AM.. "

OH WHAT IN THE HELL

This is like a nightmare where I'm about to get married to the girl of my dreams except suddenly I'm wearing only gym shorts and the wedding ring is a copy of Brawl and Keith is the pastor.

Gaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah
but think how **** that would look on youtube.

ph00tbag

C(ϾᶘϿ)Ͻ
I'm Keith's ***.

:)

Real talk, though, Keith. Your post was ultimately real hurtful, not just to me, but in general, to all the people that actually give a **** about everyone in the NC community. I don't mean to sound like I'm hating on you, but next time you want to throw a hissy fit like that, try to think about how people will take it. Most of us in the community would rather there not be any bad blood sloshing about in the Catfish pond, and your post kinda tasted like iron.

Purple

Hi guys!
Trolling is just as much as infraction worthy as flaming, people get hurt both ways y'know.

Ph00tbag is a perfect example of that.

At least make it -obvious- you're joking next time Keith :(.

SleepyK

Banned via Administration
HEY GUYS I'M TROLLING

GA sux @ smash
clever trolling, speelyk! glad you let us know beforehand!
wouldn't want the children to get hurt

you need to have a bit of leniency with known trolls.

follow mike g's example.

ZIO

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Don't tell me you infracted the guy, Perv.

:|

That's an NC prerequisite, to be quite honest.

ph00tbag

C(ϾᶘϿ)Ͻ
but that defeats the purpose of trolling.
It's different when a friend trolls you about something that's still a sore spot.

So if I convince Kevin that Dollar Store Derrick invented wavedashing, that's just silly and ultimately hilarious. If I seriously tell Kevin that he's not doing enough for the NC Smash community and that it makes me like him less as a person, that's just not on.

ZIO

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
At almost 1300 posts in this thread alone, I'm really wishing posts in this social room did count.

Sad faces.

EDIT - Actually - this does it good

Top Bottom