• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

NCSU Smash Rehash 8 "The Wheel of Fate is Turning" Results!

archer.

Smash Lord
I don't want to do your job for you, I just want you to do it right.

Dr Peepee

Thanks for Everything <3
BRoomer
Shoutin outz

Stongers- tyyyyy for da tourney dawg. going home this weekend probly so I'll be playing xenosaga afterward =)

Mahone- let's play. it was nice to see you again bruh

Boss- GGs in like EVERYTHING since we entered it all hahaha.

KP- Hope the friendlies helped! =)

Snap- LOOOOLLLLLLLLLLLL lmao dernz

Cam- Contact me. Fun seein you as always!

LoZR- LMFAO we had some good effin laughs this tourney. Also DAT BATTLEFIELD MATCH THO AHHHHH

Karn- HomiE

David- LMAO

Raph- stay motivated dawgizzle

Josh- LMAO those sessions with Adam hahahahaahhaaaaaa what the world yo

Scotty- GGs

Archer- We will rise soon enough. We have much to discuss! =)

Sushi- ur an interesting guy. GGs

Shady- Fun car ride. Stop getting ROCKED in the games you actually wanna play plz.

Killa- mega homie for drivin me. good talks!

other people I played in Brawl- GGs

fun tourney, sex cake was easily the highlight. take care dawgs

Mahone

Smash Champion
ya, we should really play

thats a really good idea

i would enjoy it if we got to play

<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<333333333333333333333333333333333333333

Dr Peepee

Thanks for Everything <3
BRoomer
LMAO Mahone I love your Mahone things.

When do you wanna do that? I bet I can do that either Wednesday or any weekend day(if I don't go home that weekend which I am planning on doing, otherwise it can be anytime after that).

RaphaelRobo

Smash Champion
Mahone: Thanks for all the fun games. I learned a lot from them. I definitely want to play you again some time. Maybe I'll get to the point where I can consistently beat some of your secondaries, instead of only winning on occasion.

Josh: It was cool seeing you again.

John: First you CG me to death, then you use Ike? If you weren't a cool person, I'd never speak to you again. But seriously, we had some fun games. I'm looking forward to playing you again.

KP: Thanks for helping me move my TV back into the dorm. I don't think I could have done it without your help.

Slasher: It was cool playing you. I don't really have much experience in the Sheik matchup, so it was fun to learn that. I'm looking forward to playing you again.

Kevin: Your Falco may have 4stocked me this time, but it won't happen next time. Well, maybe it will, but it won't happen the time after that! I'm glad everything's going well for you in Greensboro.

Corey: We had a lot of fun games together. Using only tilts was pretty awesome. I've rearranged my dorm to have a bunch of room around the TV, so you should come some time.

Alex: You made me lose to Gofg in both brackets. I was impressed by how quickly Melee and the fighting games went by, though. You did a good job running those.

Everyone I didn't mention: It was awesome seeing you again, meeting you for the first time, or not meeting you yet, depending on who you are. I talked to a lot of people, so if I forgot to mention you, don't be offended. Just buy me some chocolate to make yourself feel better.

Chris: I can't beat you in Ganon dittos if you don't show up. Please correct that next time.

Mahone

Smash Champion
LMAO Mahone I love your Mahone things.

When do you wanna do that? I bet I can do that either Wednesday or any weekend day(if I don't go home that weekend which I am planning on doing, otherwise it can be anytime after that).
It's one thing to not play someone...

its another to keep telling someone you can play and then cancel last minute or not contact them again to let them know what's up

im done tryin to play you brah...

just contact kp, im sure he's willing to jump through all ur hoops and you can let him down as many times as you want and he'll still want to play you cuz he is too nice

Mahone: Thanks for all the fun games. I learned a lot from them. I definitely want to play you again some time. Maybe I'll get to the point where I can consistently beat some of your secondaries, instead of only winning on occasion.
Had a great time playing you. So nice to see new players that actually space and seem to focus on the right things to improve.

I will definitely play you as much as you want at any tourney i see you at in the future. If you ever want to come up here and stay at my house and play me/kp just let me know, id help with gas, but i guess ur problem might be transportation/busy schedule, so idk...

oh also... if you have gtalk or skype pm me, cuz i did a cube draft yesterday and it was fun...

also i starting making my own cube today and you can tell me how awful it is or possibly tell me where to start cuz its kinda overwelming

RaphaelRobo

Smash Champion
Yeah, transportation would be the problem, since I can't drive, and don't have a car. My schedule is busy, but I've designed it so I can take time off when I need/want to, so that wouldn't be a problem. I almost have a 4-day weekend anyway, so that wouldn't be an issue.

V1CE

Smash Champion
Shoutouts!

Sushi - Good stuff winning the tourney. I knew you can hold it down for NC... also thanks for ****** me... idk why I can just never touch you... :(

Boss - Thanks for coming down again... to bad for you tho VA didn't take 1 event ;P

Iota - Good stuff man... nice Wario! You and ScottyOB are at the same level in my opinion but you did better in the ditto. Too bad I didn't get to play you in bracket. Good stuff beating Stingers...

Stingers - I agree with JD in the seeding... everything was right for the most part except the whole switching JD and H1N1 thing... even tho Jayson and Brian practiced alot last night so did all of us since we were all there... shouldn't mean anything or cause bracket to change so much. Also Im sorry you lost to Iota... shouldn't have happened but it did... Next time...

V1CE - Kinda got lucky with bracket... Waldorph gets hard countered by me and so did Taj... Still pretty OK without MK... Do better tho... learn the ROB matchup...

Scotty - Good placing and good stuff sending stingers to losers even tho he was pit... See you soon Brohan...

Archer - Thanks again for driving and being a good friend... shoutouts to tickets... lost keys... Nissan... and Breaking Bad.

Kill - Nice stuff you played really well from what I saw.

Waldorph - Sorry my secondaries hard counter you... good set...

GQ - good seeing you again... BRING KOOZ NEXT TIME!!! LOL also not gonna lie I feel you are a pretty cocky person sometimes... I think your ego is too high for the skill level your at... just making an observation... could just be me tho.

Sane - GOOD STUFF NICE PLACING! Always fun seeing you zach... my dude... take it easy and see you soon bro... keep placing this or better no last places allowed anymore.

Taj - Good Set! You are in the same boat as me with MK being banned... it sucks but we will have to deal I guess... always fun seeing you.

H1N1- yoooo bad luck brian LOL jk... good to see you again... I am sorry things went so ****ty for you at the tourney and after... take it easy this week and good luck with that girl bro...

Uncle - yoooo nima thanks for housing us and helping with the car. You are awesome keep workin on that BOOOOOZER...

Danny - yoooo always legit seeing you... would you rather edward scissorhands or Machoke lmao...

KSK - OBITO!!!

PP - good stuff in teams man. have fun with the sex cake.

Mahone

Smash Champion
Yeah, transportation would be the problem, since I can't drive, and don't have a car. My schedule is busy, but I've designed it so I can take time off when I need/want to, so that wouldn't be a problem. I almost have a 4-day weekend anyway, so that wouldn't be an issue.
ya, that sucks... idk we'll figure something out one of these days

RaphaelRobo

Smash Champion
I have 8 hours of recordings, but it doesn't look like Mahone, Boss, or PP played on my setup.

RaphaelRobo

Smash Champion
I have my game against Nicholarb, and a bunch of matches without tags. My memory is that PP and Nicholarb played on my setup, so it's probably on here somewhere. I haven't had time to really look through it yet.

~Twitch~

Smash Master
cullowhee, nc western carolina university
LOL archer sucks without mk to bank on.

LOL steve got 5th without mk

LOL kevin got 1st in p:m using falco (kevin's dumb enuf to probably do that)

LOL wtf david and karn need to stop sucking

LOL adam stop sucking vs floaties

LOL stingers you ****ing ***** when are you gona start holding down the turf for nc???

looked like a beast tourney tho... :( maybe i shoulda gone.

RaphaelRobo

Smash Champion
LOL archer sucks without mk to bank on.

LOL steve got 5th without mk

LOL kevin got 1st in p:m using falco (kevin's dumb enuf to probably do that)

LOL wtf david and karn need to stop sucking

LOL adam stop sucking vs floaties

LOL stingers you ****ing ***** when are you gona start holding down the turf for nc???

looked like a beast tourney tho... :( maybe i shoulda gone.
Did you not read the rules for PM? Kevin wasn't allowed to use Melee characters. I'm fairly certain he used Ike for all his matches.

waldorf2007

Smash Ace
NNID
Waldorf2007
Arch this is starting to get bull****. if this were some kind of big tourney like Apex and the bracket ****ed people, including you, all you can really do is complain. you can't volunteer yourself to personally seed and take charge.
But this isn't ****ing Apex, it's a tournament run on tio's rankings and more or less randomly seeded afterwards. A good tournament at lower levels is 60% the TO/venue-statistics related stuff and 40% being part of the good as a tourney-goer and thus making for a good tournament. So if you want to go to the small NCSU tournaments and want the bracket to be to your expectations, then get the **** up to Alex and demand to help seed the bracket. you're on the PR panel now, are you not? Use that power and the knowledge that is implied you have with it.
Also a lot of the bracket messing up was due to unusual upsets. I looked at how the bracket would have turned out if Alex hadn't lost to scotty or even if I hadn't lost to Steve first round; it wouldn't have been that bad. But you can't predict those things: by how I have placed I should beat vice but he hard countered me and did a good job (props steve im still salty). That's just an unlucky turn of fate for the bracket.
but enough with defending the bracket and all that. This is a small scene, and like alex said we look out for our own. that means when someone is making a mistake you tell them, and if it's within your control you help fix it. so if you want to have a good time at alex's tournies, help him fix the damn brackets. this has already turned into a boy who cried wolf scenario.

Also shoutouts to all the people at that tournament, fun ****.

archer.

Smash Lord
The way you talk, it sounds like you don't really know what goes into seeding or making brackets. At smaller events like this one, seeding/bracket making isn't that hard and it's not really random in the sense that I think you're implying. But I digress.

The last time I tried to help with brackets/seeding that I thought was wrong (Press Start) he essentially told me to **** off and that any changes I wanted to make were unneeded, so the seeding turned out to be 2 players of every skill from 10 down to 6, and then everyone else (about 10 people IIRC) was basically seeded as a random (skill of 5), including at least 1 PR'd player (Stockfield). I have always tried to accommodate everybody in this community as best as I can (tournaments, seeding, driving, housing, smashfests, PR pictures, helping with money) and I'm kind of sick of being treated like a nuisance when all I've ever done is try to help people and have the community's best interest at heart, so don't even try to say or imply that I don't "look out for my own."

As far as doing the seeding at Alex's tournaments from now on, I could do it, and it wouldn't be hard, but I have one question to ask regarding that: Did he offer me that because he actually thinks I should do it, or because he wanted me to shut up and drop the conversation?

enCouRaging Bear

Smash Journeyman
salty http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gfc1MRVmJYs
taheem-tight games dude. your'e so ambitious and im glad some of that rubbed off on me. imma get you next time though
boney-lol i wont john so much when i play you next time. cuz ill win. ha. oh and get elbowed some more
slasher-fun games at my house. i want to play 3s with you and learn some sweet gouki things
josh- lol ive never seen such a peaceful drunken slumber before. get f'ed up haha
flan- good **** my 2-0 buddy
kp- thanks for the sweet advice. ive never been so struck by how bad i am as when i played you.
mahone-same for you. hilarious falcon btw
pp- congrats again. dunno why im so intimidated to play you but i will for sure next time.
karn-good to see you brah youre always really fun to play. let me know when youre in chapel hill to play
snap- fun friendlies. mm me
corey- fun games as well both at josh's and at the tourney.

waldorf2007

Smash Ace
NNID
Waldorf2007
With respect to the press start thing, that's not particularly relevant to what I was saying; it was a larger tournament with a "professional" focus (mekos). I don't know your situation from press start. what I DO know is that stingers just "dipped' and said for you to do brackets if you want at his NCSU tournies.
Here's the thing: most likely Alex said that because he wanted you to shut up and drop it. that's the truth of it.
But it doesn't matter what he meant or the meaning behind his words: he just gave you the right to interject if you want in his bracket to fix problems that alex apparently cannot handle.
I wouldn't care if someone conceded an argument to get me to shut up; winning is winning, if you get what you want, you got it.
Also i've looked into the recent things people have brought up with you, or rather problems people have had with you. I don't think they're viewing you as a nuisance in most situations. you bring up problems, and most of them are things we need to change. they get changed. sometimes people get pissed because you push it to happen right away, and NC is lazy as hell. but hey, no quarrel with that here. The problem for most of the other NC players if problems that nobody else thinks is really a problem. Like with the brackets: sometimes, there's a unanimous "we got ****ed" response. in most of the threads I've viewed, though, it goes something like this:
archer: bad bracket, I'll explain why now: .............."
everyone else: I mean I guess you're right, facts don't lie. but it was still a great tourney."
Unless everyone is complaining about it, it's harder to lobby for change because everyone is still content with the overall experience. Good luck convincing me that I had a bad time on saturday, despite placing badly (for me) and apparently being screwed by the brackets. I had a blast.
If people actually read what you say, it's obvious you're not being a "nuisance." at first look, however, any person who doesn't want to think too hard will see the one guy complaining about bracket in the middle of an otherwise jovial results thread. it's the difference between "it's broken, let's fix it" and "it's defective and not working very well, but everything still happens so we'll leave it alone."

EDIT: and yeah I've only scratched the surface with TIO. I only know that if you want to run something based on seeds you throw everyone in, rank them based on skill, and click generate. then you play with it from there to make sure that people who play all the time don't play first round. In doing this you probably screw over several people.

Dr Peepee

Thanks for Everything <3
BRoomer
Twitchalex, I used Ike and Marth. I just had people agree to let me use Marth LOL. Stongers enforced it when he played me obviously(so then I trash talked him during the set LMAO).

Mekos

Smash Master
NNID
Mekos123
The way you talk, it sounds like you don't really know what goes into seeding or making brackets. At smaller events like this one, seeding/bracket making isn't that hard and it's not really random in the sense that I think you're implying. But I digress.

The last time I tried to help with brackets/seeding that I thought was wrong (Press Start) he essentially told me to **** off and that any changes I wanted to make were unneeded, so the seeding turned out to be 2 players of every skill from 10 down to 6, and then everyone else (about 10 people IIRC) was basically seeded as a random (skill of 5), including at least 1 PR'd player (Stockfield). I have always tried to accommodate everybody in this community as best as I can (tournaments, seeding, driving, housing, smashfests, PR pictures, helping with money) and I'm kind of sick of being treated like a nuisance when all I've ever done is try to help people and have the community's best interest at heart, so don't even try to say or imply that I don't "look out for my own."

As far as doing the seeding at Alex's tournaments from now on, I could do it, and it wouldn't be hard, but I have one question to ask regarding that: Did he offer me that because he actually thinks I should do it, or because he wanted me to shut up and drop the conversation?
For clarification he is talking about Stingers or Seagull(they did the bracket for press start). Imma nice guy and I don't use curse words :bee:

Also, Arch I asked u to help and make the bracket for press start :urg: Sorry u got punked out.

stingers

Smash Obsessed
the leaving everyone else at 5 was seagulls idea. I agreed since it wasnt going to change much. stockfield was the only outlier there and we manually moved him to a fair spot anyway. we did it to save time and get the tourney started. I'd do it again, since the results ended up just fine anyway.

archer.

Smash Lord
Press Start, while it has ambitions to be a bigger series, didn't have a "big tournament" start, it had something like 20 entrants in singles and MD/VA attendance, just like almost every tournament that's happened in NC the past couple of months, and those still haven't been that hard to seed. And you say you did the seeding like that to save time but at that point you already had the "hard" part out of the way and it would have taken maybe a minute or two longer to seed everyone else.

I'm not saying I didn't have fun at this, because I did (outside of some BS on Sunday that had nothing to do with the tournament), but at the same time just sitting on problems and letting them happen isn't good enough for me, so if I think something is messed up I'll call whoever I need to out on it. It is not my issue if other people want to be lazy about these things, if I think I'm right then I'll go ahead with my convictions regardless.

RaphaelRobo

Smash Champion
Twitchalex, I used Ike and Marth. I just had people agree to let me use Marth LOL. Stongers enforced it when he played me obviously(so then I trash talked him during the set LMAO).
Was this trash talk recorded?

archer.

Smash Lord
Kevin if you had asked me, I would have gladly let you use Marth on me.

waldorf2007

Smash Ace
NNID
Waldorf2007
I'm not saying I didn't have fun at this, because I did (outside of some BS on Sunday that had nothing to do with the tournament), but at the same time just sitting on problems and letting them happen isn't good enough for me, so if I think something is messed up I'll call whoever I need to out on it. It is not my issue if other people want to be lazy about these things, if I think I'm right then I'll go ahead with my convictions regardless.
I respect that attitude. but with certain problems, you're going to be called a nuisance so calling it. No use in getting tired of being called a nuisance if you're going to follow your convictions to the end.

And raph, it was not recorded but it was damn hilarious. Kevin was ****ing hilarious

RaphaelRobo

Smash Champion
I really wish I hadn't missed that. It would have been awesome to hear.

Kevin, next time we play, you should trash talk me like that.

Top Bottom